Author Topic: Report missing costume parts here!  (Read 18264 times)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
Re: Report missing costume parts here!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 04:28:55 PM »
Try creating a new character and see if things are still locked. If that doesn't work, rename your database file and try with a fresh one.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 04:35:53 PM »
I have updated to the latest edition of the chat client (0.97f) and still have everything that could be locked in the costume creator locked.

If your COH directory is under Program Files or Program Files (x86), it might be UAC interfering with the costume file override that Paragon Chat uses to unlock the costumes. Try running it as administrator (right-click, Run as Administrator) and see if that helps.

Tantalum

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 03:11:50 AM »
When I installed 0.966, I created a Mastermind (Mercs + Pain Dom).  When it came to weapons, i had a slew of options to choose from (i chose dual weapons). 

with 0.97F, i only  have ~10 weapons to choose from, dual weapons not among them (this is at the character creation at the beginning and I haven't checked tailor). 

edit:  mods, you can delete this post.  I figured out that I had chosen 'THUGS' before, which has dual pistol weaponry, whereas Mercs have assault rifle.  sorry about that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:06:17 PM by Tantalum »

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 09:41:14 AM »
Just a quick update here.

Tried making a new character and things were still locked. So, tried running as Administrator, and that seemed to do the trick.
Thanks FFM and Codewalker for the suggestions.
Always remember... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...

Quelkaima

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 06:30:20 AM »
Figured I'd add to the party, since I just found one using PChat 0.97f.

Wisp aura is not available.

Code: [Select]
Fx auras/male/wisps/wisps_fistsandeyes_combat.fx
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P3636920680
RegionName Special
BodySetName Wisps

I'm making do with the Firefly aura for the time being.

AgentTwenty-Six

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 02:35:05 AM »
Talons of Vengeance is completely bugged for me, you go to it and it just gives you a plain and broken up version of the costume set you were just on. I also tried multiple times of resetting Paragon Chat or leaving the creator and going back in and the bug is still there.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 02:36:13 AM »
Oops, those shouldn't even be unlocked. They're unfinished and don't work anyway.

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 04:25:18 AM »
Oops, those shouldn't even be unlocked. They're unfinished and don't work anyway.

I found some of these pieces in Icon, seemed to work okay there?

I sure would love to use the long skirt in PC...
Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »
I found some of these pieces in Icon, seemed to work okay there?

I sure would love to use the long skirt in PC...
Icon and Paragon Chat work in many fundamentally different ways. In the case of costumes a lot f that is down to synchronization. Icon runs entirely on your computer and doesn't have to be synched up with anything else. Paragon Chat has to synchronize your costume to a server so what everyone else sees the same thing. in the case of malfunctioning costumes, that breaks down.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 10:42:53 PM »
Falcata swords seem to be missing for me. I know they are weapons, which don't show up in the chat, but still a missing piece.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »
Weapons are currently not in the unlock list, because unlocking restricted weapons without unlocking them for everyone isn't currently possible with the way the unlocks work. Paragon Chat will need to learn some more tricks to know about specific costume keys tied to powersets instead of simply removing them all.

And doing that is not a good idea. The costume creator interface gets seriously confused when you have multiple weapon categories that share the same costume slot available to choose from.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »
Not exactly a missing piece, but an issue. I created an Arachnos Soldier. With the female model, I loaded up a costume pulled from Sentinel. With this archetype, you've got the "Wolf & Helm" and "Bane / Crab" options, which determine everything else you can get. With the "Wolf & Helm" selected, which is what I had for the costume in Sentinel / CoV, there is no option to remove the crab backpack. It's under the "Back" option. There should definitely be a way to remove that, since my costume as saved did not have the crab backpack. Plus that should really be kept in the Crab options, right?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »
That was how it worked on live too, if you were a crab spider. The instant you took one of the crab powers, all your costumes had the crab pack regardless of anything else and there was almost no way to ever get rid of it unless you respecced. It was done that way because many of the crab powers strictly required that costume part for their animations, if it wasn't there strange things happened.

For Paragon Chat though, should probably be an optional thing if that's possible.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 02:59:44 AM »
It was done that way because many of the crab powers strictly required that costume part for their animations, if it wasn't there strange things happened.
Like shooting out of your toe. I made a character with peg legs to obtain maximum hilarity out of that.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 02:53:20 PM »
Perhaps this is more "feature begging" than a missing costume piece, but...

To replicate my main Blaster, I added "CustomizeablePowers/Gadgets/Drone.fx" to his costume so that the Targeting Drone would appear. I can see it, but Paragon Chat 0.98a tells me it's an invalid aura. Could the Targeting Drone possibly be made valid, or would that just open the door for loud/obnoxious effects to be used as auras?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 03:17:01 PM »
That was how it worked on live too, if you were a crab spider. The instant you took one of the crab powers, all your costumes had the crab pack regardless of anything else and there was almost no way to ever get rid of it unless you respecced. It was done that way because many of the crab powers strictly required that costume part for their animations, if it wasn't there strange things happened.

For Paragon Chat though, should probably be an optional thing if that's possible.

Well, I was able to go into Facemaker and change one of the non-EAT slots to a regular civilian costume I had saved, with no backpack. And I clearly don't have any crab powers.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:41 PM »
I think the issue is that the "Arachnos Uniform" costume slot doesn't have a 'None' option for the back slot, so if the crab arms are unlocked then they are the only choice for that slot.

Hmm, not sure how to resolve that. Adding an entry to the costume list is big can of worms much more complicated than just removing requirements. And the way I'm currently removing the requirements involves patching the costume.bin file (that's the only way to make the Incarnate merit unlocks available at character creation thanks to hardcoded dumbness), so it has to be done before the client is launched and can't be changed hot.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 09:46:57 PM »
Latest version of Paragon Chat. While I was recreating Demgoddess' main costume, I noticed that the "tiara" I have for her in this original screenshot from way back was not available. I had to make do with one of the barbarian crowns.

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 09:58:09 PM »
Full Mask - Detail One - Circles

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 07:58:42 AM »
Oh, okay. Thanks. I guess that's one thing that still confuses me about the combined areas of the costume editor that were done one issue.