Author Topic: Are you still invisible on version .965 or newer? Post here!  (Read 21526 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
If you have been experiencing problems being seen or seeing people, please try Version 0.97e Beta, which fixed yet another bug related to invisible players, this time inconsistently affecting people using customized face scale sliders.

Note that both you and the person seeing you need to be running 0.97e for the fix to work. So before reporting an issue where you can see someone but they can't see you, please right click on them and check their version number to see if they are also running 0.97e.

Have you updated to version .965 and still have characters that are invisible? Please post here with the character name. The developers may hunt you down to capture your costume data.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:30:37 AM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
Re: Are you still invisible on version .965? Post here!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 08:18:25 PM »
I'm not, but lots of people arriving in Pocket D are not showing to me and several others...

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:36:05 PM »
The question is are THEY running .965 then...

A lot of people are not because it was not on the unofficial updater yet.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 08:39:08 PM »
I'm not, but lots of people arriving in Pocket D are not showing to me and several others...
That's why the post is asking people who are invisible on .965, not people who are not invisible. :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »
The question is are THEY running .965 then...

A lot of people are not because it was not on the unofficial updater yet.

We're querying everyone, they say they are. We're getting them to try toggling costumes too. sometimes that works, sometimes not. Currently, we think everyone is visible, but not 100% sure.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »
OK. Thanks. Tell them to post here. This thread is to try and gather people's characters that are invisible, not just to say "people are invisible". We know that there are still people invisible.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TooManyDewgongs

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 08:59:20 PM »
My character's name is Small Business Man.

I've been told I'm invisible and I'm pretty sure I'm on .965. I reinstalled just to make sure. My costume slots don't have lock symbols on them and I'm pretty confused.

Stasis Kiss

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:08 PM »
Character "El Nuevo Diestro" was invisible as of midnight PST last night. Confirmed he's running the latest build, we were trying things last night to see if could get the guy to show up but no dice.

On the plus side, I looked great.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »
OK. Thanks. Tell them to post here. This thread is to try and gather people's characters that are invisible, not just to say "people are invisible". We know that there are still people invisible.

Done.. Will send 'em along.

Onition

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:57 PM »
My character Spud seems to not be seen at all, however I think this is because of the Retro Sci Fi set ( I saw there was problems with that.)

Then there is Xrin, who has no illegal parts, but is hit or miss for a lot of people.

Crimson Bliss

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:16:35 PM »
My character Thomas Krayt appears to be invisible.  Went to the tailor and my guess would be that it's because he has the Vanguard symbol on his clothes (it's not showing in the tailor screen and not an option to reinstate).

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »
My character's name is Small Business Man.

I've been told I'm invisible

That's what's wrong with this country!!!

(Whatever country you live in.... It's a joke. Shut up.)

peachypeach

• Underling
  • da peaches made me do it
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 01:41:58 AM »
I might still be invisible. I had to create another character b/c my virus protection ate some files >.<
Peachy Kin
**covers bum and runs**

Narelesh

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 01:49:18 AM »
I have been told that I am not visible in game. @Narelesh .

extropymine

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 05:26:25 AM »
I could also not be seen tonight, running .965

Character name Screaming Mimi

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 06:18:20 AM »
I encountered 2 confirmed cases tonight. Everyone else I saw who was invisible was running 0.95 or 0.96, or was visible to me but not necessarily to people running older versions.

@justbling on Dreamcrow

and

@miriable on Trollhaus Cookie

If either of you see this, could you please PM me? I'd like to get a copy of your ParagonChat.db if possible.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 07:52:49 PM »
I'm in Pocket D, on Tiger White, using 0.965. A few folks say they can't see me...

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 12:03:34 AM »
In ran into it this afternoon, (and this is a fresh spanking install from the server this morning) Tiger White was invisible until she executed a costume change. and apparently I was invisible to someone also.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 01:32:27 AM »
I encountered 2 confirmed cases tonight. Everyone else I saw who was invisible was running 0.95 or 0.96, or was visible to me but not necessarily to people running older versions.

@justbling on Dreamcrow

and

@miriable on Trollhaus Cookie

If either of you see this, could you please PM me? I'd like to get a copy of your ParagonChat.db if possible.

Maybe it is worth considering repurposing /bug to allow a player to send this kind of information to a loggable debug meta channel room of some kind when they run into an odd issue, appropriately stripped of personal information.  That way players that run into odd bugs can asynchronously dump this data to "the devs."

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 02:41:06 AM »

Running .966 tonight and made a new character ( Microburst ). This toon is invisible to others in Icon/Atlas, and Pocket D.  Then I changed to a different toon that I made last night ( Kudzu ), and I am visible.