Author Topic: Editing The Database: Using NPC/Locked Costume Pieces  (Read 34819 times)

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: Editing The Database: Using NPC/Locked Costume Pieces
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »
Hello NPC costume fans.

I wish to find the 'Dark Ring Mistress' leg in/boot parts/tights/suspenders..?  (Please...no jokes...)  What are they called?  (I can't quite tell from Paragon Wiki piccie of the Dark Ring Mistress...)  Are they in ICON 'npc' mode?

They're not for me...(I don't wear such high boots... :P )

But they've been, ahem, 'requested...'

Can anyone help me get these parts?  :D  Or help me recreate the 'look' of the 'Dark Ring Mistress?'

Azrael.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:27:09 PM by Azrael »

CupcakeShed

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 12:41:02 AM »
So, I followed the instructions as best I could, and I was able to open and read the database successfully. I'm trying to re-create my old Warshade (who would always hang out in Nova form), so I used the "Kheldian_Nova_Warshade" NPC model. There's just one problem: the file I created using the /costume_save command is blank whenever I try to open it with notepad. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, is there a way around it as of yet?

Phocks

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 02:10:17 AM »
So, I followed the instructions as best I could, and I was able to open and read the database successfully. I'm trying to re-create my old Warshade (who would always hang out in Nova form), so I used the "Kheldian_Nova_Warshade" NPC model. There's just one problem: the file I created using the /costume_save command is blank whenever I try to open it with notepad. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, is there a way around it as of yet?

If the file shows up as blank, it's not a costume you can use. The nova and lobster forms aren't made with costumes, they're entirely different models than the usual male/female/huge.

As of right now, I don't think there's a way to use alternate models that aren't built on the player ones. Even someone like Captain Mako returns a blank file, because he technically uses a different model (I'm assuming), so some of them will be hit and miss.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 03:56:24 AM »
Hello NPC costume fans.

I wish to find the 'Dark Ring Mistress' leg in/boot parts/tights/suspenders..?  (Please...no jokes...)  What are they called?  (I can't quite tell from Paragon Wiki piccie of the Dark Ring Mistress...)  Are they in ICON 'npc' mode?

They're not for me...(I don't wear such high boots... :P )

But they've been, ahem, 'requested...'

Can anyone help me get these parts?  :D  Or help me recreate the 'look' of the 'Dark Ring Mistress?'

Azrael.

I'll post this in a separate area as to not clutter this thread.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:22:04 AM by Noyjitat »

dom9630

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 03:17:01 AM »
Yeah, my primary RP character can't be played without the DB modification - he's a Rikti. As long as you don't go out of your way to prevent DB modification, he'll work just fine. It's been working out great so far!

This program is SUPER cool. I'm immeasurably impressed with how well it works!

How did you get your Rikti character to appear to other people? I made an all-rikti model and no one seems to be able to see me.

TheDemon

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »

If the file shows up as blank, it's not a costume you can use. The nova and lobster forms aren't made with costumes, they're entirely different models than the usual male/female/huge.

As of right now, I don't think there's a way to use alternate models that aren't built on the player ones. Even someone like Captain Mako returns a blank file, because he technically uses a different model (I'm assuming), so some of them will be hit and miss.

So, I was trying to get Lord Recluse to work via the /costume_save command and took the blank file and gave it a .costume extension and it doesn't seem to work. It seems he is based on a human model so I assume it would have worked. Since it's not working can I assume Lord Recluse can only be obtained using the database?

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2015, 03:16:04 PM »
So, I was trying to get Lord Recluse to work via the /costume_save command and took the blank file and gave it a .costume extension and it doesn't seem to work. It seems he is based on a human model so I assume it would have worked. Since it's not working can I assume Lord Recluse can only be obtained using the database?
The answer is what you quoted. If the file is blank, you can't use it. Lord Recluse isn't based on the player model.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »
tooting the bike horn here.

so if anyone DOES know how to do this and doesn't mind posting a visual tutorial (pictures are fine too.) i would be so happy.
i've wanted to do this but my tiny brain can't comprehend this stuff.

I just found a program and tutorial that should simplify things, made by Jerricha: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11197.0 https://github.com/Jerricha/jerrichas/blob/master/docs/guide-to-jerrichas.md
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Pseudo42

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2015, 09:33:10 PM »

Keshka

• Underling
  • @The Ish
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 07:50:21 AM »
I'm currently trying to adapt a costume piece from Alan Desslock to a female body, the pants specifically anyway. Would anyone be able to assist me in this endeavor? This is what I extracted from notepad.

Geometry V_MALE_PANTS.GEO/GEO_Hips_Wyvern_Pants_02
   Texture1 !Hips_V_Wyvern_Pants_01
   Texture2 !Hips_V_Wyvern_Pants_01_Mask
   DisplayName P887196332
   RegionName "Lower Body"
   BodySetName Pants
   Color1  0,  0,  0
   Color2  255,  255,  255
   Color3  0,  0,  0
   Color4  0,  0,  0

Is there a female piece that looks similar?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »
Hm. Wyvern is an all male group. But Longbow does have female members, who are decked out in tactical gear with pockets like his sometimes, as I recall. Might be similar enough, although a bit spandexy compared to his baggy (ish) pants.

Edit: So I just opened Icon in NPC mode, rather than do any database editing. The Wyvern pants for males are in the Tucked In section. Nothing comparable for the female models in that section, but nothing really to prevent you from trying to just use the texture on a standard blank Tucked In female pants, right?

Anyways, the closest in look / vibe is in the Bottoms section, the Bodysuit Padded Mask. But that's not really close enough, probably. Nothing else has the same general look, either in base pattern or combined with various belt options that have leg attachments.

Edit: Looking at pics of Longbow on the wiki, what about the Spec Ops belt / thigh stuff? Or is it attached to the chest bit? http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:LongbowSpecOps1.jpg
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:46:00 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Kiddletron

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »
So could this method be used to play as a Spider without the crab legs on the back? I'd really enjoy that, very much.

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2015, 03:06:48 AM »
I believe the Helmet and similar armor is available, but you have to do some hard searching.. I know the Helmet is because I used it for the design of a certain enemy type for the Cult.

SedatedAlice

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »
I'm currently trying to adapt a costume piece from Alan Desslock to a female body, the pants specifically anyway. Would anyone be able to assist me in this endeavor? This is what I extracted from notepad.

Geometry V_MALE_PANTS.GEO/GEO_Hips_Wyvern_Pants_02
   Texture1 !Hips_V_Wyvern_Pants_01
   Texture2 !Hips_V_Wyvern_Pants_01_Mask
   DisplayName P887196332
   RegionName "Lower Body"
   BodySetName Pants
   Color1  0,  0,  0
   Color2  255,  255,  255
   Color3  0,  0,  0
   Color4  0,  0,  0

Is there a female piece that looks similar?

I've been messing with this for a couple of days.

On the male model:

A quick database gender bender:

The problem is the pants are /way/ bulky on the female model (I'm sure you could mess with scales to compensate) and the pants don't join with the waist:

A bulky belt would fix this, but you'd have belt clipping issues in the pants ( I tried the official belt, and it covered but man it was nearly swallowed by the pants.)

I went ahead and got rid of the geometry and used the female 'tucked in' pants as the base:

The back is all sorts of fuggly, you miss out on the cool geometry that gives the sides their bumps, etc.  It's not perfect, but it's the closest thing I can think of to do.  Other options?  I tried putting the texture on the camo pants, and it was terrible, don't do it.

I hope this helps. D:

-SA

EnsignMinneapolis

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »
I wonder, are there life jacket-like parts in the game that aren't normally accessible with the costume creator?

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2015, 01:01:19 AM »
This part never got unlocked, so I decided to do the db hack for it. In case anyone else wants this Halloween reward piece:

{
   Geometry V_FEM_HAIR.GEO/GEO_Hair_V_Pumpkin_01
   Texture1 !Face_V_Pumpkin_01
   Texture2 !Face_V_Pumpkin_01_Mask
   DisplayName P3020775162
   RegionName Head
   BodySetName "Special Helmets"
   Color1  255,  85,  0
   Color2  0,  61,  0
   Color3  31,  31,  31
   Color4  227,  227,  227
}

Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Adipup

• Underling
  • interests include: dying and being dead
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2015, 10:25:28 AM »
i've been trying to port hairstyles over from female avatars to male ones, which should theoretically work, but it doesn't. the hairstyles end up being completely invisible.
am i missing something?

CostumePart ""
{
   Geometry Ponytail_02
   Texture1 Long_01a
   Texture2 Long_01b
   DisplayName P2681220175
   RegionName Head
   BodySetName standard
   Color1  31,  31,  31
   Color2  227,  227,  227
   Color3  31,  31,  31
   Color4  227,  227,  227
}

i've copied all the info above to their corresponding areas in my male avatars.

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2015, 02:31:20 AM »
This is probably a silly question, but is there any way to have multiples the same costume part slot on one toon? I want my character to have 6 wings and I don't really care if it animates properly.
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2015, 02:53:38 AM »
Nope. City has finite attachment points and putting things where they don't go has a tendency to make them do really wonky things.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2015, 05:43:15 AM »
I thought that people were running around in Paragon Chat with multiple auras? I didn't see it, but I recall reading about it here. Is that wrong, or are auras different?