Author Topic: Stranded in Canada..  (Read 1671 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Stranded in Canada..
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:56 PM »
Blah, I ran the toon I've been playing most lately, Xev, over to Canada for some Q hour fun and I hit some part of the terrain that gives me Fatal Errors so now he's stuck there unless I download a half a month or so worth of bandwidth while I try to figure out what hogg is corrupt.

I was able to get out of there last time by setting all graphics down/off but it's not working so far this time.

Can't believe I forgot not to go there  : /

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Stranded in Canada..
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 08:12:06 PM »
I have a great idea, you could send a support request instead. :p

I mean, it might take a few days for a response but you don't have to waste your bandwidth or bugger with it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:22:39 PM »
I can think of two things to try. I don't know if either will work.

If you have a hideout you could try going into that.

Or you could team with someone who has a tp friend device and have them summon you out of Canada.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 08:57:38 PM »
The problem is on my end with one of the hogg files. Most likely texture2.hogg.

(Example line from hog_errors.log) - "17 [1]: Error decompressing data.  Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: I:/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live/piggs/texture2.hogg: Texture_Library/Zones/Adv_Canada/Cam_Lynxs_Fold/Lynxs_Fold_Porthole_02.Wtex:
150802 20:27:02:"

Tech support might be able to move my toon for me. Otherwise I think they can't be much help.

I can't log in this toon at all. It crashes to desktop with CO's Fatal Error window before entering the game. So there is no way of teleporting or anything like this.

I remember what I used to do now... I used to swap hogg files with backups (that wouldn't let me log into Vibora Bay, so, I had to swap back after...). I think I lost the old ones but am still looking. If I can't find them then I guess it's time for tech support or get someone to log in for me and move him.

EDIT: Hey, this (new?) thing from Support could be handy -

Additionally, we now offer limited Live Chat support for the specific issue types listed below:

All Payment & Transactions Issues

All Account Inquiries (except Bans)

Account & Game Login Issues

Stuck Characters

Live Chat is available Monday through Friday from 10:30AM to 6:30PM (Pacific), and is only available in English.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:12:22 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 10:44:16 PM »
You may be able to create a text file that's empty and give it that file's name
then create a folder named "data" in your Live folder, then create the following path: Texture_Library/Zones/Adv_Canada/Cam_Lynxs_Fold/

Place the Lynxs_Fold_Porthole_02.Wtex in the folder.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 11:55:13 PM »
Brou.... IS AN EFFING GENIUS.

That is all.

(It worked!)

Some Faves: