Author Topic: Prepare your account for Paragon Chat!  (Read 41608 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Prepare your account for Paragon Chat!
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2015, 08:26:34 PM »
I consistently use the same user ID everywhere, except on Titan Forums for some reason. So I used this opportunity to change it to what I was in Game.

So long TheDevilYouKnow and Welcome to boring MWRuger!

The devil I know as TheDevilYouKnow is now known as something I don't know?  I don't know; playing devil's advocate, that sounds knowingly devilish, don't you know.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »
The devil I know as TheDevilYouKnow is now known as something I don't know?  I don't know; playing devil's advocate, that sounds knowingly devilish, don't you know.

You got wise!

I'm just a devil in disguise.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »
Not sure if it's what you're referencing, but the "Global Handle" field on the account management page is used by CIT and maybe Faces for display purposes and is unrelated to Paragon Chat. It's a "legacy" field from when the game was live; it's probably not as useful at this point. (I should probably add a note to the form about it.)

Instead of adding a note... I just removed it. Thanks for getting me thinking about it Scendera. :)

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 01:22:48 AM »
Sure, you can login to the Titan site on a phone to check or modify your account. I updated the site to be "responsive" so the interface may change a bit on a phone to make it easier to work with, but the functionality is the same.

Hope your computer makes it back in time for release. :)

Yay. I will attempt something I am supposed to do but cannot think because new meds but yay.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:21 AM »
I updated my email address.....Look forward to this experiment  :roll:

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 03:15:04 AM »
I don't see any issues with your account, but it's possible that your forum account password is out of sync with your Titan account password. Have you tried resetting your password? If you can't remember the email you used, PM me and I'll look it up for you.

Reset password / fixed.  Thank you!

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »
whenever I try to change my Username it gives me the error of:
"It appears you accidentally double-submitted the form. Your username change request is processing in the background. Please refresh this page in a minute or two to see if it has updated before attempting to resubmit."

How do I fix this?

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 12:09:05 AM »
"It appears you accidentally double-submitted the form. Your username change request is processing in the background. Please refresh this page in a minute or two to see if it has updated before attempting to resubmit."

How do I fix this?

It still keeps doing this.  Grrr!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 12:11:09 AM »
It still keeps doing this.  Grrr!

Try deleting all your cookies (or at least the ones related to cohtitan), flush browser cache, close all browser windows, then reopen browser and try again.  It might be some sort of state thing that's sticking the web page.

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2015, 12:15:23 AM »
Try deleting all your cookies (or at least the ones related to cohtitan), flush browser cache, close all browser windows, then reopen browser and try again.  It might be some sort of state thing that's sticking the web page.

I deleted cookies, cleared history.  Reopened just that page in the browser.  Still I get the error.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2015, 01:01:02 AM »
I deleted cookies, cleared history.  Reopened just that page in the browser.  Still I get the error.

I can only think of a couple of other things.  Make sure you are not using a very old browser, make sure you aren't using a browser that has enhanced security like Internet Explorer turns on by default on servers, make sure when you close all your browser windows the browser actually fully stops (check task manager), and make sure when you try to change your Username you are changing it to something that's valid: I don't know if Titan has character restrictions on Username.

Beyond that, it might be something stuck in your account that needs resetting.  Try PMing one of the Titan Admins.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2015, 01:55:44 AM »

How do I fix this?

Thanks for the reporting the issue. I can replicate it, so it's a server-side issue. I'm investigating and will follow up once fixed.

EDIT: I think I found and fixed the issue. Can you try again and see if it works now for you? Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the hassle!

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2015, 04:07:33 AM »
Thanks for the reporting the issue. I can replicate it, so it's a server-side issue. I'm investigating and will follow up once fixed.

EDIT: I think I found and fixed the issue. Can you try again and see if it works now for you? Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the hassle!

It totally worked.  Thanks for the fix.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 05:26:16 PM »
Can I import my issue23 costumes into this issue24?
Do I need to create a Folder in Tequila?

I notice the new style game screen w/Back Alley Brawler and some other guy, looks like megaman  :roll:
so it must be working so far.

Nevermind, I copied my files to Tequila and I can see my costumes now.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:43:26 PM by MaidMercury »

Rocket-Cat

• Underling
  • Furious Fighters from a Fuzzy Dimension
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2015, 12:54:57 PM »
I happily changed my username to one that reflects my former main character, and I was able to use the Sentinel import function to put all my saved costumes into my Icon folder.  I'm so pleased that you're doing so much for this community!
Formerly @Daggerjack

Texas Justice

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2015, 04:29:25 AM »
I'm not sure if this is working right.

I changed my forum handle from TexasJustice to Texas Justice (added the space).

After logging out and logging back in it shows my Paragon Chat username to be Texas_Justice@chat.cohtitan.com

Is it supposed to substitute the underscore for a space?

EDIT: Nevermind.  After thinking about it for a bit I realized that chat clients often don't handle spaces in names well, so converting it to underscores is semi-standard practice and the alternative would be to disallow spaces in names.  That would cause some unwanted grief amongst players that have had spaces in their names for a long time now.  It would also make sense then that underscores are invalid characters in a username because otherwise Texas Justice becomes Texas_Justice@chat.cohtitan.com and Texas_Justice would also be Texas_Justice@chat.cohtitan.com and that could cause too many problems.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:17:35 AM by Texas Justice »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2015, 07:15:50 AM »
I'm not sure if this is working right.

I changed my forum handle from TexasJustice to Texas Justice (added the space).

After logging out and logging back in it shows my Paragon Chat username to be Texas_Justice@chat.cohtitan.com

Is it supposed to substitute the underscore for a space?

EDIT: Nevermind.  After thinking about it for a bit I realized that chat clients often don't handle spaces in names well, so converting it to underscores is semi-standard practice and the alternative would be to disallow spaces in names.  That would cause some unwanted grief amongst players that have had spaces in their names for a long time now.  It would also make sense then that underscores are invalid characters in a username because otherwise Texas Justice becomes Texas_Justice@chat.cohtitan.com and Texas_Justice would also be Texas_Justice@chat.cohtitan.com and that could cause too many problems.

Also I believe it was stated somewhere in the FAQ or elsewhere that that would happen to names with spaces.

Dumpleberry

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »
*kaff kaff kaff*

I'm here, I'm ready.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2015, 08:15:14 PM »
Hey all. I'm getting this message now when I click on Tequila: "Manifest download error for http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37952257/Tequila/titanicon.xml
The remote server returned an error: (429) Bandwidth Error."

Any suggestions?

Thanks
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.