Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312454 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:06 AM »
Our characters are stored locally, right?  Where are they stored?

Paragon Chat is supposed to create a local database where it stores the character information you give to the character creator.  There are no copies other than the one in the Paragon Chat directory on your computer.  Specifically, Paragon Chat doesn't store anything on the Titan server that acts as the XMPP central hub.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2015, 03:08:10 AM »
Paragon Chat is supposed to create a local database where it stores the character information you give to the character creator.  There are no copies other than the one in the Paragon Chat directory on your computer.  Specifically, Paragon Chat doesn't store anything on the Titan server that acts as the XMPP central hub.

Yeah, I was asking where the database is and maybe what it's named?  I wanna poke around in it as long as that's not against any rules or anything.
green hair

Warchicken

• Underling
« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2015, 03:13:39 AM »
If we lose our connection to the XMPP, is there a command to make it re-establish a connection from within the "game" ?
Chicken by birth. Hero by choice.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2015, 03:14:35 AM »
I think it's /xmppconnect and /xmppdisconnect
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2015, 03:17:13 AM »
I'm getting as far as server select, but the only thing I see is 127.0.0.2, which looks suspiciously like the client is talking to my own computer instead of an external server.  Clicking on the server freezes the client for a couple of minutes and then turns up the "Can't connect to DBserver" message.  What gives?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2015, 03:21:25 AM »
Yeah, I was asking where the database is and maybe what it's named?  I wanna poke around in it as long as that's not against any rules or anything.

Codewalker in the FAQ said it was a SQLite database.  Look for two files, one of which will I think have the extension *.WAL.  That's the local database.  I haven't fired up Paragon Chat myself yet (still at work) so unfortunately I cannot provide actual file names yet.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2015, 03:22:11 AM »
Database is stored in %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Database

"Can't connect to DBserver" is most likely a firewall/antivirus problem. Make sure that ParagonChat.exe is whitelisted.

If you think 127.0.0.2 is a problem, click Options in Tequila and add "-localhost" to the launch parameters to force it to 127.0.0.1 -- but that makes ParagonChat.exe listen for connections from any IP, which depending on your network setup, you might not want.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2015, 03:25:14 AM »
I'm getting as far as server select, but the only thing I see is 127.0.0.2, which looks suspiciously like the client is talking to my own computer instead of an external server.  Clicking on the server freezes the client for a couple of minutes and then turns up the "Can't connect to DBserver" message.  What gives?

Are you running a personal firewall of some kind?  From what I recall of the discussion of technicals, Paragon Chat pretends to be a City of Heroes server, and launches the client and asks it to connect to 127.0.0.2 which PC is supposed to bind to.  The client connects to PC, PC connects to the Titan XMPP server, and that's how that works.  If the game client cannot connect to PC, that suggests either that PC could not bind to 127.0.0.2, or that something is blocking the game client from connecting to that address.

By any chance are you on a Mac?  If so, you might need an actual Mac person to help further, as I am not running Paragon Chat on that platform.  I know Leandro mentioned some funky problems they were trying to work around involving local loopback addresses, specifically an issue that was different on Windows and the Mac due to Windows firewall blocks on 127.0.0.1 and the lack of binding of 127.0.0.2 on Mac platforms.

Edit: Ninja-ed.

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:20 AM »
I'm on PC, but it's an old machine that still runs XP.  I have the standard Windows firewall and Avast Anti-Virus.  I disabled both of them and I'm still getting the DBServer error.  For the record, I didn't have the i24 client (although I do have i23 and NCSoft launcher, still) and only d/led it earlier this evening.

Thezanman

• Underling
« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2015, 04:09:10 AM »
Still just having the problem where it's stuck on the blue loading bar and doesn't open up the game.

InfamousBreach

• Underling
  • Average income does not equal average lifestyle.
« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2015, 05:18:22 AM »
Where is the list of map codes? >.>
1) Character Akiko Inoue (FKA Damiana Vorhees)
Alias: Municipal/Muni
Affiliation: Justice Girls - Virtue
2) Character: Alcmene Stormshroud
Affiliation: Kindred Nocturnis - Virtue

Tipsy

• Lieutenant

InfamousBreach

• Underling
  • Average income does not equal average lifestyle.
1) Character Akiko Inoue (FKA Damiana Vorhees)
Alias: Municipal/Muni
Affiliation: Justice Girls - Virtue
2) Character: Alcmene Stormshroud
Affiliation: Kindred Nocturnis - Virtue

Fido1

• Underling
« Reply #333 on: July 08, 2015, 08:20:55 AM »
okay I am getting the 'cant connect to dbserver' message. Got a PC, windows xp. and shut off Firewall.. so am stumped. Any ideas?

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2015, 11:50:28 AM »
I updated the manifest to patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml .  Now the program just stays there and says fetching manifest. ;-(

mdyankeejr

• Underling
« Reply #335 on: July 08, 2015, 01:18:19 PM »
Please tell me there is a Mac version for Paragon Chat? If there is a Mac version where can I get it?  I am so wanting to get back into the family of COH again.

Thanks
The Madam!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:26:43 PM by mdyankeejr »

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #336 on: July 08, 2015, 01:41:44 PM »
Please tell me there is a Mac version for Paragon Chat? If there is a Mac version where can I get it?  I am so wanting to get back into the family of COH again.

Thanks
The Madam!
Check under General. It's party working.

mdyankeejr

• Underling
« Reply #337 on: July 08, 2015, 02:06:31 PM »
Is it the Homebrew? sorry not very computer literate. was hoping for an easy download lol

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #338 on: July 08, 2015, 02:08:36 PM »
Is it the Homebrew? sorry not very computer literate. was hoping for an easy download lol

Look in the Icon subforum for Island Rum. That's the downloader for Icon & Paragon Chat for the Mac, but these are NOT Mac native programs so you'll need to do some setting up.

mdyankeejr

• Underling
« Reply #339 on: July 08, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
Guess I am doomed then, started it and don't understand how to install it, not sure what it is asking, looks like it wanted to know what program I wanted to edit or something so I am at a loss.