Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312519 times)

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #300 on: July 08, 2015, 12:40:24 AM »
Murphy's Law.

(lol) Certainly a corollary. Murphy was a bloody optimist, though.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #301 on: July 08, 2015, 12:49:32 AM »
There is no "Manifest" line under Options in Tequila.

Based on your screenshot, you're using an older version of Tequila (1.0.0.10 vs the 1.0.0.16 that I have). See below for downloading.

I cannot find where to DL Tequila. I have it at my office, but not here at home

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9531.0.html

Do note there may be issues with the manifest, as stated in that first post (problem fixing also included!).

Double click on Tequilla.

Add it as a short cut to your taskbar. Single click!

Also, there was a timer posted, here it is: http://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/20150708010000am/w5310a/1/Paragon_Chat_Release Just a wee bit longer, pending issues.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2015, 12:56:31 AM »
(lol) Certainly a corollary. Murphy was a bloody optimist, though.

Unless he's Alex Murphy :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2015, 01:03:28 AM »
well, the timer's hit 0... *Twitch*

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2015, 01:05:09 AM »
[Impatience intensifies]

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #306 on: July 08, 2015, 01:06:58 AM »
My guess is that an XMPP server is not actually going to crash

Heh.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #307 on: July 08, 2015, 01:09:04 AM »
Hey, we ALL know what Soon<TM> means, relax. (grin) Some things never change.

Thezanman

• Underling
« Reply #308 on: July 08, 2015, 01:24:14 AM »
When I launch it, it just shows the loading bar and never launches the game.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #309 on: July 08, 2015, 01:31:40 AM »
I downloaded the ParagonChat file, and put it in my Tequila folder, then clicked on the Tequila desktop launcher, and I just keep getting the "Manifest Download Error" for Bandwidth message.  My Tequila folder doesn't have a CoH Beta folder or an I-24 folder.  It just has folders for costumes, loggs, piggs, qt_plugins, and screenshots.

Am I missing something from my Tequila folder?  Or is this just an issue of too many people trying to log in at the same time?

EDIT:  I see that Leandro is saying to wait till there's a new download, so I'll just keep trying.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #310 on: July 08, 2015, 01:34:20 AM »
I downloaded PC, put it in the folder, logged in via PC, created my character, and now I'm just in AP all alone... what did I do wrong?

NitroStat

• Underling
« Reply #311 on: July 08, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »

My Tequila folder doesn't have a CoH Beta folder or an I-24 folder.  It just has folders for costumes, loggs, piggs, qt_plugins, and screenshots.

Ditto
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:41:33 AM by NitroStat »

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #312 on: July 08, 2015, 01:36:56 AM »
Does Paragon Chat's version of CoH keep keybinds and graphics settings?

I downloaded PC, put it in the folder, logged in via PC, created my character, and now I'm just in AP all alone... what did I do wrong?

You may be the only person who did something right?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

HorseManDemon

• Minion
« Reply #313 on: July 08, 2015, 01:38:01 AM »
Sad day (for me, sort of. Awesome that PC is launched). I dropped the PC .exe in my CoH Tequila folder and have updated the download manifest for Tequila. Still no option for PC in my Tequila launcher, though. Launching PC manually lets me launch CoH, but then I get a "Can't connect to DBserver" error when picking the server.

Guess I'm just going to have to wait.  :'(

(And by wait, I mean retry every couple of minutes until it works. Congrats on the launch, guys!)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:50:43 AM by HorseManDemon »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #314 on: July 08, 2015, 01:50:05 AM »
My Tequila folder doesn't have a CoH Beta folder or an I-24 folder.  It just has folders for costumes, loggs, piggs, qt_plugins, and screenshots.

That's what Tequila does.  It downloads the contents of an I24 client program into its own directory, which is essentially analogous to copying tequila into the CoH client directory.  It does not put the directory for the client into its directory, because it wants to live in the same directory as the client itself.

Rocket-Cat

• Underling
  • Furious Fighters from a Fuzzy Dimension
« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2015, 01:56:07 AM »
I was able to login for a few minutes!  One thing that I discovered was that on the game's login screen, I was not able to input underscores or dashes, but I was able to login with 'RocketCat'.

I rolled up a character and put the dash in that name.
Formerly @Daggerjack

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2015, 01:59:42 AM »
That's what Tequila does.  It downloads the contents of an I24 client program into its own directory, which is essentially analogous to copying tequila into the CoH client directory.  It does not put the directory for the client into its directory, because it wants to live in the same directory as the client itself.
We followed Leandro's directions and put  http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml into the Tequila folder, then launched Tequila again.  This time, I get the "Soon" screen, with Titan Icon as the "play" option - but no option for Paragon Chat.

Shall I just keep closing Tequila and then retrying?  Or have we just maxed the dropbox bandwidth for the day, so that there's no joy in Muddville till we try again tomorrow?

Thezanman

• Underling
« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2015, 02:04:29 AM »
We followed Leandro's directions and put  http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml into the Tequila folder, then launched Tequila again.  This time, I get the "Soon" screen, with Titan Icon as the "play" option - but no option for Paragon Chat.

Shall I just keep closing Tequila and then retrying?  Or have we just maxed the dropbox bandwidth for the day, so that there's no joy in Muddville till we try again tomorrow?
Same problem now.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:41 AM »
You can get PC manually here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11060.0.html

I don't think Tequila has it yet.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2015, 02:56:58 AM »
Our characters are stored locally, right?  Where are they stored?
green hair