Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312547 times)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2015, 02:12:47 AM »
I just checked with the latest build. Yep, chat log settings are included: they persist now. Sorry for the point of confusion. :)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2015, 02:59:48 AM »
Tuesday.  Never Monday.

Tuesday does have the advantage of being the traditional COH issue release day.

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2015, 03:26:01 AM »

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2015, 04:20:16 AM »
will you be able to have several costumes for one account?

Photon Cannon

• Underling
  • The Novablade
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2015, 04:21:06 AM »
will you be able to have several costumes for one account?

I believe it was stated somewhere that all 20 costume slots will be available to characters.
(Supergroup) Zephinerahk: (( Pie is not an element.
(Supergroup) Engel auf Holle: ((YES IT IS))

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2015, 05:07:40 AM »
I believe it was stated somewhere that all 20 costume slots will be available to characters.
10 costumes slots per character.

48 characters per server (only one server atm, and not likely to get more until there's ridiculous response).

Unlimited accounts per cohtitan XMPP username. Just use a different name in the 'username' field when you log in to City. It's the XMPP login name that turns into your "global name", not the "City login screen" name. You could have "rebel1" "rebel2" "rebel3" at the City login screen, and have 144 characters, and they would all have your XMPP login "global name".
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:13:27 AM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Photon Cannon

• Underling
  • The Novablade
« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2015, 07:21:16 AM »
10 costumes slots per character.

My bad. Thank you for clearing that up, Aggelakis.

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2015, 07:25:30 AM »
and since it's all basically just costumes... Angelfish 1, Angelfish 2, Angelfish 3...

Photon Cannon

• Underling
  • The Novablade
« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »
and since it's all basically just costumes... Angelfish 1, Angelfish 2, Angelfish 3...

FINE, YOU WIN.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2015, 12:42:07 PM »
So sorry for my cluelessness but what is Tequila?
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2015, 01:05:42 PM »
So sorry for my cluelessness but what is Tequila?

It's a launcher program that will automatically download the necessary files for you to run Icon. (And if I'm understanding correctly, Paragon Chat too when it's released.) It will also get the client files for you, in case you lost access to your install for whatever reason (for example, if you're using a new computer).

Tequila is the PC launcher, and Island Rum is the Mac launcher.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2015, 11:14:30 PM »
It's a launcher program that will automatically download the necessary files for you to run Icon. (And if I'm understanding correctly, Paragon Chat too when it's released.) It will also get the client files for you, in case you lost access to your install for whatever reason (for example, if you're using a new computer).

Tequila is the PC launcher, and Island Rum is the Mac launcher.

OK... do I need to install Tequila?  I've had Icon on my pc since it first came out and for sentimental reasons, I've never uninstalled anything from CoH. I do not know if it is issue 23 or 25. Thanks!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2015, 11:55:43 PM »
OK... do I need to install Tequila?  I've had Icon on my pc since it first came out and for sentimental reasons, I've never uninstalled anything from CoH. I do not know if it is issue 23 or 25. Thanks!

The only two things you will need to access Paragon Chat are the City of Heroes game client and the Paragon Chat program itself.  However:

1.  The game client must be I24.  Icon can work with I23 and I24, but PC will only work with I24.  If you do not have the I24 client, you will need to download it.  On my system the last I23 client has a cityofheroes.exe file that is 8764KB in size and has a modified date of 12/15/2011.  The last I24 client I have (I24 was never released, but players would have it if they were beta testing I24 at the time of the shutdown) has a file size of 8848 and a last modified date of 8/24/2012.  Also the beta client has a version.ini file with the build number 2400.201208211101.1.  If you do not have the I24 client (specifically the last one), Tequila will download those files for you.

2.  We know when Paragon Chat releases, Tequila will check for it and download it if it is available.  There will probably be other ways to get it, but that way we know for certain.

So do you need Tequila?  No.  But you need the I24 client and the Paragon Chat software itself, and Tequila can get both for you.  If you have the former and plan on manually downloading the latter when instructions for doing so become available, you don't absolutely need Tequila.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2015, 12:34:58 AM »
The only two things you will need to access Paragon Chat are the City of Heroes game client and the Paragon Chat program itself.  However:

1.  The game client must be I24.  Icon can work with I23 and I24, but PC will only work with I24.  If you do not have the I24 client, you will need to download it.  On my system the last I23 client has a cityofheroes.exe file that is 8764KB in size and has a modified date of 12/15/2011.  The last I24 client I have (I24 was never released, but players would have it if they were beta testing I24 at the time of the shutdown) has a file size of 8848 and a last modified date of 8/24/2012.  Also the beta client has a version.ini file with the build number 2400.201208211101.1.  If you do not have the I24 client (specifically the last one), Tequila will download those files for you.

2.  We know when Paragon Chat releases, Tequila will check for it and download it if it is available.  There will probably be other ways to get it, but that way we know for certain.

So do you need Tequila?  No.  But you need the I24 client and the Paragon Chat software itself, and Tequila can get both for you.  If you have the former and plan on manually downloading the latter when instructions for doing so become available, you don't absolutely need Tequila.

Thank you. I'm positive I don't have I24. Will I need to delete Icon or will this run completely separate.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2015, 02:56:02 AM »
Thank you. I'm positive I don't have I24. Will I need to delete Icon or will this run completely separate.
This will run completely separate. i suggest reading the instructions for Tequila and following their advice. It worked very well for me even if i still need to find the drive with all my costume files on it.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2015, 03:03:52 AM »
This will run completely separate. i suggest reading the instructions for Tequila and following their advice. It worked very well for me even if i still need to find the drive with all my costume files on it.

Thanks so much. I definately will. We're one big CoH family here and when I told my wife and kids about the upcoming PC they went mental. I miss this game every day. All the best.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2015, 03:19:36 AM »
Thanks so much. I definately will. We're one big CoH family here and when I told my wife and kids about the upcoming PC they went mental. I miss this game every day. All the best.
Glad to help. Also, Tequila allows you to choose between the i24 versions of Icon or Paragon Chat depending on what you want to do. Each has features the other doesn't and you can design and save costumes with either one.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2015, 03:46:11 AM »
Glad to help. Also, Tequila allows you to choose between the i24 versions of Icon or Paragon Chat depending on what you want to do. Each has features the other doesn't and you can design and save costumes with either one.

That's great. We've all saved a bunch in Icon but it was so lonely roaming around with no one to interact with. Kind of felt like "I Am Legend" but withouts the vampires. Hopefully this is that first baby step in right direction.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2015, 05:26:54 AM »
Kind of felt like "I Am Legend" but withouts the vampires.

So like that time the Bankses left Will alone in the mansion for the weekend?