Author Topic: Coming Soon  (Read 210037 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Coming Soon
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2015, 01:41:46 AM »
I know everybody is curious, so I'm going to be posting a FAQ topic in a couple days to cover the ins and outs of what this project can and can't do. Since I have a lot of work to finish getting it ready for release, I'll ask that any questions along those lines be deferred until then, because chances are it will be answered in that post.

So a NSFAQ then?

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2015, 01:57:53 AM »
if we are going to be using the version of i24 we have on our computers now [if I'm understanding correctly] does this mean that if we have costumes saved in i24, that we could just jump in using those costumes we have waiting for our characters? Excuse stupid question, I know nothing about how all this works.

I didn't realize how much I missed DJ Zero. *tears up*

EDIT- ooops I didn't see the request not to post more questions. Sorry. I can wait for more info.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2015, 02:45:00 AM »
I'm already speculating what this means in the future......

....and how this will affect the ball game.

To those idiots who say we will never get the game back, I dare you to see that we have not given up and any time you think we'll give up, we get something to make that hope of yours we'll give up nothing but a pipe dream as our resolve continues to strengthen.

WE WILL HAVE OUR CITY BACK.

Because we got experts doing this and everything else to get it back and I know WE CAN DO THIS.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2015, 02:49:36 AM »
I know I haven't logged into Titan for a very long time (two years).

First, I got very, very, very sick with some form of influenza.  At that point I turned Hail Mary over to Rae and Quinch.  They had access to everything I had.

Then my mother died.

Then our housekeeper stole my ATM card and the PIN number that had come in the mail to our savings account and wiped it out.  The police investigated and she claimed Larry had given it to her because they were having an affair.  The Credit Union used this to decline to reimburse us.  Several lawyers told us the case was unwinnable, because the Credit Union (TCCU) would continue to appeal even if we won. wiping out any money we might get back.

Then Larry's mother developed a brain tumor, requiring him to spend months in Vegas to help his dad.  She was operated on and the operation was a success but....

....she developed Alzheimer's Dementia and went into a rapid decline and died this time last year.

I considered trying to revive Hail Mary, but decided not to given (a) the number of gaming studios that had closed and (b) that I had just started a writing project for Hyperion/Disney that was taking up all my "spare" time and became this:  http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Mercedes-Lackey/dp/1484707842

I've been part of the testing group for SOON(TM) recently, and I'm glad it is very very close to implementation.  I can't wait to get my old RP buddies together and see my toon herd again.

Sorry I haven't been around but I hope the above are reasons enough.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2015, 02:51:19 AM »
You'll start seeing me roleplaying again, for sure.  I might even see if I can invite some friends from CO over.  If I have the time, my latest job, training has me going to be at 9pm and getting up at 4am when many friends are not on earlier than 10pm.  Yeah.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2015, 02:54:00 AM »
You guys are AWESOME!!

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2015, 02:55:01 AM »
Technically, this does include a form of superheroic combat, as its very existence is an attack on the greatest supervillain of them all ;)
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2015, 02:56:53 AM »
Damn, VV, that's a lot of crap to go through. I'd heard about some of it. But not all. *hugs*

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2015, 03:12:59 AM »
Technically, this does include a form of superheroic combat, as its very existence is an attack on the greatest supervillain of them all ;)

Ahhh, the evil Sumerian deity Ensi Soph
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2015, 03:14:36 AM »
Ahhh, the evil Sumerian deity Ensi Soph

*Hands over card*

You sir, win an internet.

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2015, 03:52:42 AM »
Impressive sounding stuff!

Andy

• Underling
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2015, 03:59:54 AM »
I cannot express how very, very exciting this is. Thank you so much for doing this, guys!

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2015, 04:06:20 AM »
VV: Sorry I haven't been around but I hope the above are reasons enough.

Jaysus. Anyone who would say they were not enough, deserves kicks in the shins with Doc Martens. Once one hits bottom, there is nowhere to go but up.

And in other news, I would suggest NC kick it into high gear, before their "negotiations" are rendered useless by the playerbase having other alternatives. First ICON. Now this, one wonders what next. Meanwhile the successors are still going hammer and tongs.... I'd suggest NC sell.

Or be rendered irrelevant, either option is fine with me.

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2015, 06:43:07 AM »
I know I haven't logged into Titan for a very long time (two years).

First, I got very, very, very sick with some form of influenza.  At that point I turned Hail Mary over to Rae and Quinch.  They had access to everything I had.

Then my mother died.

Then our housekeeper stole my ATM card and the PIN number that had come in the mail to our savings account and wiped it out.  The police investigated and she claimed Larry had given it to her because they were having an affair.  The Credit Union used this to decline to reimburse us.  Several lawyers told us the case was unwinnable, because the Credit Union (TCCU) would continue to appeal even if we won. wiping out any money we might get back.

Then Larry's mother developed a brain tumor, requiring him to spend months in Vegas to help his dad.  She was operated on and the operation was a success but....

....she developed Alzheimer's Dementia and went into a rapid decline and died this time last year.

I considered trying to revive Hail Mary, but decided not to given (a) the number of gaming studios that had closed and (b) that I had just started a writing project for Hyperion/Disney that was taking up all my "spare" time and became this:  http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Mercedes-Lackey/dp/1484707842

I've been part of the testing group for SOON(TM) recently, and I'm glad it is very very close to implementation.  I can't wait to get my old RP buddies together and see my toon herd again.

Sorry to hear that VV. I wish you the best of luck.

Besides that, welcome back!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2015, 07:20:31 AM »
There's what should be done and then there's what people actually do.

In the context of this game I've been dealing with that particular circumstance for a very long time.

Syzer/Kinetic Volcanoria

• Underling
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »
This looks neat. :) Seems pretty promising now that I actually got over my fear of forums and decided to read this thread. lol

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2015, 07:46:19 AM »

There's no need to justify your absence; real life comes for us all.  Welcome back.

I hope your testing of The Thing has been a bright spot.  You know, this is the first time in ten years I haven't been in a City of Heroes beta.  Its a weird feeling waiting on the sidelines for a release.  Weird, but exciting.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2015, 07:52:33 AM »
Hey, I did extend the invitation back when we were starting up, you just never showed up. >:(

We had someone scared the entire time that you were going to show up, correct all his numbers, and kick him out of development. :P

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2015, 08:14:56 AM »
Hey, I did extend the invitation back when we were starting up, you just never showed up. >:(

We had someone scared the entire time that you were going to show up, correct all his numbers, and kick him out of development. :P

Weird; either I missed it or it got lost in gmail's filters.  Which actually, has happened more than once for City of Heroes closed beta invitations.  Shoot me an email when you get a chance, just so I can see if something got lost somewhere.

Sarrona

• Underling
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2015, 08:28:33 AM »
This is neat.