Author Topic: The Eastgate Affair  (Read 15562 times)

PatrickKirchner

• Underling
The Eastgate Affair
« on: June 10, 2015, 11:41:11 PM »
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:21:14 AM by PatrickKirchner »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Eastgate Affair
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 07:25:28 AM »
He liked to pay it forward by gifting low level heroes with a few thousand influence.  Way back, early in his career, some hero gave him 30,000i and that allowed him to buy all new shiny enhancements.  He knew that he should be working on his incarnate skills, but helping the lowbies seemed more useful.  As he flew around Atlas Park, checking heroes' level and overall standing,  he saw some pathetic looking hero with the simple name "Warp".  Intrigued, he landed and got closer to the haples hero.
    "Hello, my name is Paragon Comptroller, a natural controller."  Paragon Comptroller introduced himself.
    "Nice to know, I'm Warp."  Warp said wanting to be left alone.
    "I've noticed that you seem lost, can I help you?"  Paragon Comptroller asked.
    "Thanks, but I'm not lost."  Warp said sharply.
    "What's the trouble, friend?"  Paragon Comptroller asked.
    "Look, I've had a rough day.  I don't want to talk about it.  It's this stupid city.  This guy sends you there, that guy sends you here, and for what?  Nothing."  Warp complained.
    "Yes, the contacts aren't always the most helpful."  Paragon Comptroller empathized.
    "And that's not the worst part.  You know what the worst part is?  I'll tell you what the worst part is."  Warp was in full-blown rant mode.
    "So, what's the worst part?"  Paragon Comptroller asked.
    "They kick you in the gut.  They say go here, but when you find the place, they say, you don't have clearance.  I just need to get a few battles under my belt, a few good missions, you know, 'Warp, saves the day' kind of stuff."  Warp ranted.
    "I hear you, once you get a few good missions completed, they tend to respect you more."  Paragon Comptroller played along.
    "The way it's going right now, I'll be lucky if they don't send me back to jail, I mean."  Warp blurted out that about jail.  He had tried to keep that a secret, but something about this Paragon guy just made him spill his guts.  He thought, maybe it doesn't matter anyway.  He can't get any more missions until he talks to Wincott.  And he can't talk to Wincott until he goes into the Hollows.  And he can't go into the Hollows until he completes some missions and gets a higher clearance.
    "Oh, you're on parole.  That really is a good program.  I'll tell you what.  I think I might be able to help you."  Paragon Comptroller said.
    "Look, mister, I don't want charity."  Warp said not knowing what to make of this unique kindness that has been lacking in this jungle of a city.
    "First things first.  Go to Ms. Liberty standing in front of the Atlas statue and train up.  As you train, your clearance goes up."  Paragon Comptroller informed.
    "Is she the one in that short skirt.  I've wanted to talk to her, but there is always a crowd."  Warp admitted.
    "No, no, no, she is Statesman's granddaughter.  You don't want Statesman as a father-in-law."  Paragon Comptroller interjected.
    "phew, thanks for the heads-up.  I don't need that kind of heat right now."  Warp said with a sigh.
    "Go to her, get trained, and come back here."  Paragon Comptroller ordered.
    "Well, what do I got to lose.  By the way, do you have anything for a splitting headache."  Warp asked.
    "Sure."  Paragon Comptroller said as he gave him a green pill.
Warp took the pill, and got to his feet and jogged away.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 06:49:10 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 02:51:50 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 03:10:35 AM »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:10:24 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 06:40:44 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 04:14:57 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 04:00:03 AM »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:59:43 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 07:15:34 AM »
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:34:15 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 04:22:47 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 04:49:40 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 04:39:04 AM »
"Warp, maybe, if you want, I mean, I could read the rest of my diary to you."  Cheerleader said batting her eyes.  Even though Warp had made her made, there was something about him that reminded her of Terrance, a boy in her night school.  She really wanted to get to know Terrance.

"Cheerleader, it does sound interesting, but I don't know."  Warp replied.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 04:23:16 AM »
"Dude, I think she likes you."  Dude whispered to Warp.

Warp thought about Cheerleader.  Sure she was cute and had some fine points in her favour, but with school, bounty hunting and community service where would be the time for a girlfriend?  Warp thought about it some more and realized that he would simply make the time.

The group reached the mission door without stepping on any more "rocks".  They also managed to avoid trolls and outcasts and lost and such.

"Beyond this door lies the baddest outcast in the city.  No doubt he will have guards waiting for us."  Warp inspired his team.

"Yup, and we must defeat them to get the key to the area where Frostfire hangs out."  Doctor offered.

This was going to be one dog of a mission.  Collectively their hearts pounded as one by one they opened the door.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 02:19:28 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 03:40:10 AM »
They made their way through the building.  Methodically defeating each and every mob.  They reached a huge room where the stairs were covered in ice and snow.
"I've got a bad feeling about this."  Warp commented.
"Sonwball fight!"  Cheerleader called out.
The group played in the snow.  They ran up the stair cases and slid down them.  They made snowballs and threw them at each other.  They laughed and shouted and played for several minutes.  A few minutes too long.
"VOID!"  Shouted Dude, but it was too late.
Warp, dropped his snowball and started attacking the outcasts, only to be hit in the head by a snowball.
"Ha ha, I got you good."  Cheerleader said just before the outcasts ganged up on her.
Kitten Man and Flower Night were still building a snowman in the corner when they were hit.
The Doctor noticed what was going on and run for the elevator.  He knew that the team was doomed and he could teleport them to safty if he could get to safty himself.

The Doctor made it to the elevator and began teleporting the team.
"Stupid, stupid, stupid!"  Warp said as he rezzed.
"Ahhhh, Doc, you knew how to treat a lady."  Flower Night said upon being rezzed by The Doctor.
"I thought you were watching."  Cheerleader said as she rezzed herself.
"Sorry, I got carried away, I was building a snowman."  Kitten Man said popping a wakie.
"Let's just wait here until The Doctor can rez Dude."  Warp ordered.

A strange silence fell on the team as the seconds ticked by.  Each member blamed somebody.  Dude blamed everybody else.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 02:11:49 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 03:44:34 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:03 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 05:50:22 AM »
After they camped out, taking a break from the Frostfire mission to work out the team dynamic, they were refreshed and ready for anything.