Author Topic: Battle of the WAIT! Is this getting annoying yet?  (Read 2839 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Battle of the WAIT! Is this getting annoying yet?
« on: April 25, 2015, 02:26:59 AM »
So I've got a lot of ideas for this series >>>>>I<<<<<< started but the forums seems to be getting flooded with the "Battle of" posts.
So before I continue with this I wanted some feedback about how people feel about this. I started this just out of randomness one day because frankly every time I come to these forums all I see are the same posts being commented on again and again.
Rarely do I see an interesting post. When I do it quickly goes down to the bottom and gets eaten by those three big posts(you know which ones) and gets little attention.

So let me hear your feedback on whether or not I should continue. Or changes that could be made. All that stuff thanks :)

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
Re: Battle of the WAIT! Is this getting annoying yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 02:31:57 AM »
Hmm, I have an idea. People could make these threads in the /r/cityofheroes subreddit, which could use some content since it is pretty empty atm, and you could make one thread where you could post a link to each one that pops up over there.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 05:11:08 AM »
Yeah, these battle of ... stuff is getting boring.

People love talking about the game and friendly arguing about it.
So it doesn't matter who started what when and who stole whose idea and ran it into the ground.
We are all one big happy family.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 06:06:35 AM »
I haven't been following all of them, i usually glance at the first and then look at the responses if it's one i'm interested in particularly. From that standpoint i would suggest for any future ones putting what the actual battle is in the thread title so we can see without opening whether it's one we've been following or would like to.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 07:33:32 AM »
Yes, it's annoying. Been thinking of locking down anything beyond the first battle.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 07:37:56 AM »
Moved them to forum games instead of locking them.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »
In my opinion which probably no one cares about; the idea wasn't annoying, it was the quantity. The idea is entertaining.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
In my opinion which probably no one cares about; the idea wasn't annoying, it was the quantity. The idea is entertaining.

This. When it was every few days for a new one I really liked it. The Battle of Hollows vs Every Other Zone is where I really started to loose interest.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 03:27:52 PM »
This. When it was every few days for a new one I really liked it. The Battle of Hollows vs Every Other Zone is where I really started to loose interest.

Agreed.  The earlier battles were quite well thought out.  Seems like the later ones were just 2 darts thrown at a map of Paragon and putting the two hit zones in a battle.  Quality over quantity, please.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »
Are you kidding? This stuff is great. At the least it evokes memories of why we liked every aspect of this game. Much better than some of the topics discussed which maybe a handful of people understand. That's like reading the minutes from an insurance seminar.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 06:02:33 PM »
Well I'm glad we can at least agree that my idea was "borrowed" and ran into the ground. So I wont post anymore. But I will ask that that people who DO continue to do them please make it clear that you're not ME. Because I just took some unjust heat because people still think it's just me posting these.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 03:30:58 AM »
Well I'm glad we can at least agree that my idea was "borrowed" and ran into the ground.

Was it Aggelakis?  It was wasn't it.
Look, Aggelakis is just trying to make this forum a better place for us all.
I am grateful for Aggelakis and other like Aggelakis that provide good clean fun for all of us on this forum.

Keep up the good work, Aggelakis.