Author Topic: Fantastic Four Trailer  (Read 6863 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Fantastic Four Trailer
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 02:39:38 AM »
Nope.  Guy on the right.

Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 05:11:28 AM »
That's a scrubby looking Doom.  Janitor of Latveria.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 12:26:43 PM »
He looks like one of those guys who displays empty beer bottles on his dorm room windowsill.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »
just  another in a long line of bad decisions that have plagued this flick.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »
just  another in a long line of bad decisions that have plagued this flick.

Or, you know, any of the Fox made Marvel movies :P

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 05:54:04 PM »
Or, you know, any of the Fox made Marvel movies :P

Well most of the X-men's were decent.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »
Well most of the X-men's were decent.

The three that I've seen ranged from merely bad to quite awful.  Four, if I count the first Wolverine movie.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2015, 05:39:19 PM »
The only one I consider decent is First Class, because it did not have Wolverine as a main character. I think Hugh Jackman plays the character fairly well, but X-Men never had a main character. It misses the point, and in doing so they have butchered many other characters and some really good stories.

I am the kind of person who can separate different versions of media quite well. I can enjoy a movie that did not honor the book as well as people would have liked, I have enjoyed the Transformers movies, Planet of the Apes remakes (even the first attempt that flopped), and countless other things. But when I look at the X-Men movies as just movies and ignore everything I know about the characters and story lines they try to do...the movies still suck.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 12:49:05 AM »
but X-Men never had a main character.

Apparently you missed the 80s where every single x-men title was all about Wolverine.  Come to think of it most of the non mutant series were about Wolverine too. 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »
I still having misgiving about the casting but I have to say the more trailers I see I am kind of warming up to it and may give it a shot.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »
So many hokey standard fare movie trailer lines in the latest one i've seen. Of course not as bad as the ones in the suicide squad trailer, but then again Will Smith is an unfair hokey trailer line advantage.

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 05:53:39 PM »
This might mark me as old or perhaps too jaded for today's American movie market, but does everything have to be CGI cartoons?  It didn't look bad per se, just... nonstop CGI cartoon.
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 11:36:41 PM »
Most directors these days prefer to use CGI for a number of reasons... the biggest is that it makes marketing the movies in over-seas markets (particularly china) much easier because you can quickly change elements like signs and background objects to better match a new audience's sensibilities. (transformers is a big one on this because its primary market is china)

Also it vastly speeds up production on some things. The Hobbit movies took about half the time to make as the Lord of the Rings because most of the indoor sets were greenscreen rather than physically built and maintained setpieces.

but yes, I agree, practical effects just look better in most cases. but cheaper and easier will always win the day. particularly when you can just throw your actors in a green screen and then let three or four effects companies paint in the artwork later rather than having to painstakingly create your own models and sets and thus extend production time.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor