Author Topic: Brou's Repost-Slacking/Double Q Week  (Read 2297 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Brou's Repost-Slacking/Double Q Week
« on: May 07, 2015, 02:10:44 AM »
Double Questionite week means Q boxes are double during this week.

How great would it be if double Q-Box giving Nemcons were part of the Alurt system?

QUEUE FOR NEMCON!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:48:40 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Brou's Repost-Slacking
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »
I was gonna tease Brou about his reposting of patcher news (which he is semi famous for and has been slacking on lately) but I got to thinking about it and it just didn't seem like a teasable thing anymore.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Brou's Repost-Slacking/Double Q Week
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »
I'm up to 60 Q boxes and some Hi-Pan boxes...
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »
I am on vacation lol.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 10:06:46 PM »
AHA!

Well..

Hey that is good timing they give us Hi-Pan on double Q week..

I'm surprised there aren't more Nemcons going on. I don't run stuff much anymore. Never once in CO. I did some free PL'ing in CoH but that was it I think. I'm kinda tempted to try running some Nemcons, sometime, due to it seems like the kind of thing I would run.  Have to get through one without getting lost first..

Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
AHA!

Well..

Hey that is good timing they give us Hi-Pan on double Q week..

I'm surprised there aren't more Nemcons going on. I don't run stuff much anymore. Never once in CO. I did some free PL'ing in CoH but that was it I think. I'm kinda tempted to try running some Nemcons, sometime, due to it seems like the kind of thing I would run.  Have to get through one without getting lost first..

I was active the entire weekend and I can see why there isn't more Nemcons, there aren't enough players for it anymore.  I was seeing a similar problem with the rampages.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 01:24:05 PM »
We were all running Hi-Pans for double Q... I ran ~ 8 billion. It's faster/easier/easier to get teams than NemCons. And to think I used to put Hi-Pan down.. Hi-Pan possibly even knocked Warlord off his throne this weekend.

Rampages have been dead since ..... ~ 1 month after the rehash?

Rampagers channel was buzzing when it and Rampages were new but that stopped awhile back and not due to a drastic change in members. The same people would/will pipe in from time to time there just isn't as much to talk about due to the Rampages are old and unexciting already.

This was one reason I was disappointed with Cryptic North. They touched a real nerve with the Rampages... but they used a club.

You also have to keep in mind that the playerbase will change with the weather. I have a hard time to get back inside sometimes this time of year due to I have a ton of new landscaping on the property that begs attention. When you're walking down an arch filled with flowers and hummingbirds are buzzing you and everything wants to be planted or pruned it can be distracting from the digital world  : ) Just going to get groceries can be distracting this time of year around here.. *short-shorts wolf-whistle*

Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 04:42:10 PM »
We were all running Hi-Pans for double Q... I ran ~ 8 billion. It's faster/easier/easier to get teams than NemCons. And to think I used to put Hi-Pan down.. Hi-Pan possibly even knocked Warlord off his throne this weekend.

Rampages have been dead since ..... ~ 1 month after the rehash?

Rampagers channel was buzzing when it and Rampages were new but that stopped awhile back and not due to a drastic change in members. The same people would/will pipe in from time to time there just isn't as much to talk about due to the Rampages are old and unexciting already.

This was one reason I was disappointed with Cryptic North. They touched a real nerve with the Rampages... but they used a club.

You also have to keep in mind that the playerbase will change with the weather. I have a hard time to get back inside sometimes this time of year due to I have a ton of new landscaping on the property that begs attention. When you're walking down an arch filled with flowers and hummingbirds are buzzing you and everything wants to be planted or pruned it can be distracting from the digital world  : ) Just going to get groceries can be distracting this time of year around here.. *short-shorts wolf-whistle*

Ahh hell, most of my time in general is not playing CO even when there isn't any good weather outside.  But see when the weather was cold, no one was playing either.  It's not really the holidays so it's not that anymore.  I think most people saw what was happening with CO, also saw that the most vocal players asking for changes to it were asking for especially bad changes, and left.  They also saw that people rub salt in the wound whenever they get their way, especially when it came to the vehicles.

I do agree though that the rampages were boring.  I saw that right off the bat and knew what would happen with them.  I even made a joke called "The ultimate mmo experience" on the CO forums.  Only Dazee/Gradii got it.  The rest of them were far to thick-skulled to understand it.
http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=264291

In it the team tries to form for a raid.  It does so, has an uneventful experience, but they alienate everyone and drive people away from the game in the process of forming.

I was admittedly inspired by a far funnier jokster in the original city of heroes forums, the stories "A pug play" and "Wretch Strike force".  Course, now that whole thing became true it seems :/.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 04:13:52 PM »
I dunno.

I mostly do Alurts and the queue times seem pretty average to me. I did 10 Hi-Pans after my last post and it was early morning which generally has the lowest population during my awake hours. That seemed above average to me. I did a ton of Hi-Pan's over the weekend.

The slowest CO queues are faster than most if the CoH queues I remember.

*shrug* There has been 1 real dip in queue times since I started playing but I can't remember when it was or the reason behind it. I think it was ~ the time of the Unleashed/dex/crit/devices nerf which was (one of?) the first thing(s) Cryptic North did and was another thing that hurt their popularity with me. Whether anyone agrees with what they did or not - they could have started out with something more.... fun.

Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 04:47:35 PM »
I dunno.

I mostly do Alurts and the queue times seem pretty average to me. I did 10 Hi-Pans after my last post and it was early morning which generally has the lowest population during my awake hours. That seemed above average to me. I did a ton of Hi-Pan's over the weekend.

The slowest CO queues are faster than most if the CoH queues I remember.

*shrug* There has been 1 real dip in queue times since I started playing but I can't remember when it was or the reason behind it. I think it was ~ the time of the Unleashed/dex/crit/devices nerf which was (one of?) the first thing(s) Cryptic North did and was another thing that hurt their popularity with me. Whether anyone agrees with what they did or not - they could have started out with something more.... fun.

People didn't use the CoH queues in CoH though, they usually just formed directly before finally queuing.  It wasn't a good idea to do so with content in CoH generally, as iTrials were very difficult(alot harder than the fire and ice rampage and required a good deal more strategy) and there were simply way to many task forces to choose from.  The queue was honestly only added to help coordinate attempts to enter the iTrials from anywhere, rather than needlessly complicate things.  Lastly iTrials required 16-24 people, compared to only 10 for rampages require or 5 for everything else.

I also agree with you about the dodge/crit nerfs.  It was to me the beginning of the end for CO, as it was a major victory for the nerf-heads who wanted to make the game into a holy trinity grindfest.  Rather than deal with the underlying problem of enemy damage being to low and difficulty not really scaling enough they chose to simply nerf the player and only dodge users specifically.  And by nerfing dodging to uselessness.  I mean if one isn't melee, dodge is useless in CO these days.  It, combined with the new justice gear, simply made the game about doing nothing but stacking as much defense and offense and not caring about any other stat.

It gave the nerf-heads that level of confidence though to cause far more damage, and indeed they managed to get the prize of all with all the vehicle nerfs.  Then course the price hikes, honestly I feel they were a result of the above 2 major nerfs.