Author Topic: Battle of the Giant Monsters #2  (Read 4488 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Battle of the Giant Monsters #2
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:49:16 PM »
Paladin vs Jack in Irons
GO!
I have great memories of my first bout with Paladin. My guild could not beat him until one of our guild members "Bloodbath"(Dark Melee/Regen Scrapper) helped us make short order of him.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
Re: Battle of the Giant Monsters #2
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »
I pick Jack in Irons. He looks so much cooler. The Paladin Construction events were cool as well, but I only did them a few times when compared to the many times I clashed with Jack in Irons.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 11:23:38 PM »
Jack in Irons.  Loved his hand full of heads he used to invoke fear.  One of the only GMs I was not able to solo, he may have had a higher resistance to smashing, not sure.  I recall going toe-to-toe for 10 mins with Jack only down a small percentage of hit points.

Paladin x3 were a joke:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOSrOTdwkw

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »
Jack in Irons.

I mean giant robots are cool and all, but you could have so much more fun with Jackie.

"Hey guys, be honest. Do these chains make my butt look big?"

"Ahhhh! He tried to sit on me!"

"Remember, everyone - DON'T LOOK UP!!!"

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 03:14:41 AM »
Jack in Irons.

I mean giant robots are cool and all, but you could have so much more fun with Jackie.

"Remember, everyone - DON'T LOOK UP!!!"

LOL!

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 08:12:22 AM »
Jack in Irons

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »
Paladin, 'cause giant robot. Plus the fact there were often three of them to fight was always fun, as were the instances of running into it as it meandered through the streets (and trees) of Kings Row.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »
Paladin vs Jack in Irons
GO!
I have great memories of my first bout with Paladin. My guild could not beat him until one of our guild members "Bloodbath"(Dark Melee/Regen Scrapper) helped us make short order of him.
This might be biased, but when I played 20+ characters I rushed Kings Row. However, I would always play through Croatoa, I loved the feeling that I was in a perpetual Halloween town all year round. I would take my tie playing through this zone, so I fought Jack more times I can count, so I would vote Jack in Irons. As a added benefit Jack was based on a real life monster also named Jack. :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 04:43:53 PM »
Paladin, 'cause giant robot. Plus the fact there were often three of them to fight was always fun, as were the instances of running into it as it meandered through the streets (and trees) of Kings Row.

Yep, this. Plus, one of my first memories of CoH was being ganked by a Paladin spawn.
I made it my personal mission to keep the King's Row streets clean and safe from those walking junk piles.  ;D
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »
I have to give it to Paladin for one story:

I bought the game about 6 months after it launched, and had played for about 3 months. I had joined SG after SG just to have each one fail and become a ghost town, sometimes within hours. This being my first MMO and not even being able to find anyone good to play with I was growing bored of the game, and decided to give it one last shot on a totally different server (Guardian). I rolled a character and put in that I was looking for a good active SG, and was invited to tag along with a group called the Concrete Gurus while they waited for a Paladin event to start so they could get the badge. I didnt know what this was, but figured why not and we split into teams camping each of the spawn points (no one realizing at the time that this would prevent the start of the event if we were too close) and hung out talking for over 3 hours. This lead to me being made an honorary member of the SG and after a month of teaming with the members being officially invited to the group, my first good SG/guild like thing in any MMO. Looking back the trial period I went through before even getting an invite seems strange compared to how most people play now, but I kind of miss that amount of thought that was put into SGs. We were friends, we were a team, and it lead to some of the best friendships of my life.

Jack in Irons was always amusing, but Paladin will always hold a special place in my heart.

/end sappiness

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 07:02:53 PM »
For sheer bragging rights I once took down Jack in WARBURG during Halloween. I got 2 teams together and we busted him up good. It was a victory not just for taking down jack, but the PVPers who'd helped all displayed some very uncharacteristic self-control and waited until he was vanquished before quitting team and slaughtering us all. I was never so happy to get killed as I was that day. It could've gone SOOO much worse.
Special thanks to PVPer American Valor for helping me with that.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »
Jack of course.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 01:43:34 AM »
Jack was a wonderful GM.
Paladin, I never went against it.
I think Babbage was more interesting, or even the Clockwork King.
But Jack and the Pumpkin head guy.  The game really seemed to like Halloween.