Author Topic: City of Heroes 1.5  (Read 36899 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: City of Heroes 1.5
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2015, 02:30:49 PM »
For the meager 2 cents, my thoughts on "Solo Task Forces".

I've solo'd a lot of task forces. The respec tf is a hoot solo. What I did (during the free to play era) was create new accounts, use my brute or tank to pl the other accounts to a level required to pad the team size, start the tf. Log off all the characters - and then re - log the one that was going to solo the tf.

Between the Shivan's, pet wolf and the magic ring from the Striga Isle arcs, AV's were never really a problem.

So, the ability to solo was there. It was annoying to set it up, but it was there.

Some things should be annoying, because in a way - it was kind of cheating, because the idea is to face the room full of nasty villains trying to defeat you, and working as a team. I love to solo. Mainly because I don't get along well with others very well. But, I recognize why they want you to team. For most people, it's just more fun.

I cannot fathom playing CoH if I only had 30 minute or a 60 minute window of time to play. I honestly don't think I would if that's all the time I had. I'd find something else to do. Good games are a time sink. You sit down, next thing you know it's 2 in the morning and you have to be up in 4 hours.

Nothing quite like that. Priceless.

I say, let it be. You want to solo a TF - there were tricks you could do to do so.

Of course - the ones in the shard...that's a different story. Maybe the auto-complete mission would work without impacting the badge? <shrug>
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2015, 08:40:54 PM »
I used to solo posi, synapse and mantits with padders all the time, mostly during hours when nothing was going on. Was enough of a pain to load in 3 alt accounts. Don't think my graphics card at the time or my patience could have handled 7 (and that's assuming accounts are ftp in apr, which why would they be?). I see no reason not to have the option for soloing with a warning that it's a team mish etc. and scaled back rewards if you're that worried about no one teaming. You said it yourself, teaming is fun. It's not as if everyone would just start soloing them every time, people just want the option available for when nothing's going on, for the challenge or for bragging rights.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 12:30:59 PM »
Ae had solo tfs and old story arcs acted as tfs thanks to merits. The real issue is folks wanting team task rewards... While soloing.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »
As a long-time RP'er, I'd love to see the various styles of "walk" made non-gender specific.  Not all my female alts would walk like runway models, and I've long been jealous of the more normal walk-style options men had.  Same for the "Sit-emotes". 

And it would be great to actually be able to sit on a chair/bench at a table.

Also, the ability to hold a teacup while sitting.  Not that I'm asking for the moon or anything!   ;)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2015, 03:05:49 AM »
Midnighters' Club, the store is a female sitting in a chair dunking a teabag in a teacup.
Is that what you are talking about?

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »
uhh what?? So no...

Side Switching
Tip Missions
Fixes to TA
Burn fear removed
No flight speed increase
No merged Auction Houses (Heroes/Villains separate markets)
Kinetic Melee
Electric Control
Dual Pistols
Demon Summoning
No fix to Cathedral of Pain trial
No merged transport systems
NO INCARNATES???
No inherent fitness
No alternate power animations
No Issue 21 Powerset proliferation
Dark Control, Dark Affinity, or Dark Assault
No stalker upgrades
Water blast
Nature Affinity
Time Manipulation
Staff fighting
Street Justice
Titan Weapons

Just to name some of the things that happened from issue 18-23... Yeah that would not be as fun to me at all.

Removing everything after I18 would be kind of a bummer...I mean - this was the Era where Black Scorpion and Synapse decided that "Fun should be more important than anything else - Even balance (in PVE)"

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »
If CoH 1.5 happens, one change that I would like to see would be a buff to Corruptors. I don't feel that Corruptors do that much more damage than Defenders, for how much better Defenders are at buffing. With the buff to Vigilance, a solo Defender deals about as much damage as a Corruptor, but with better buffs/debuffs.

I think Corruptors need a 20-30% increase in base damage. A 25% base damage buff to Corruptors would put them just under the base damage of Dominators (yes, they would still be under Dominators). Ranged damage is the primary for Corruptors, so why should the Dominator's secondary be more powerful than the Corruptor's primary? I get that Corruptors have Scourge, but that ability hardly sees meaningful use outside of AV fights.

I am not saying that Corruptors need to equal Blasters on damage output. I am just saying that a damage buff to Corruptors would be nice. Here is a rough comparison of ranged damage (actual modifiers in parenthesis):

Blasters = 10/10 (1.125)
VEATs = 9.0/10 (1.000)
Dominator = 8.5/10 (0.950)
Kheldians (human) = 7.2/10 (0.800)
Corruptors = 6.7/10 (0.750)
Defenders = 5.8/10 (0.650)

Corruptor 20% increase = 8/10 (0.900)
Corruptor 25% increase = 8.4/10 (0.938)
Corruptor 27% increase = 8.5 (0.953) roughly same as Dominator
Corruptor 30% increase = 8.7/10 (0.975)

I think that a 20-25% base damage buff to Corruptors would be reasonable. Making Corruptor damage the same as Dominator damage would be sweet. The 30% increase might be a tad too much. A slight damage buff to human form Kheldians would also be nice. Anyone else have any thoughts on the balance of Corruptor damage?

I am rendered speechless, my number one AT to use when something really had to die was a corruptor.

I think back to running solo at +4x8 and think I need more damage? I thought playing a Corruptor was cheating already.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2015, 06:07:02 PM »
The big issue you'd have is the fact that corruptors get scourge and it gets pretty high in damage from the criticals.  A buff would honestly help them do damage to healthier enemies, but it'd make less difference figuratively, against weakened enemies as they are already near dead.  But it'd also potentially make them OP against archvillain/hero rank enemies, as a buff to base damage would mean a buff to scourge, resulting in extreme damage vs AVs once they drop bellow 50% health.

Course you mention how ineffective scourge is outside AV fights and I do agree some.

It might be worth it to look at their damage though.  Masterminds I know can certainly out-damage corruptors in the single-target range.

It'd take some testing for that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2015, 02:00:07 AM »
I am rendered speechless, my number one AT to use when something really had to die was a corruptor.

I think back to running solo at +4x8 and think I need more damage? I thought playing a Corruptor was cheating already.

Yeah, I had an FRAD that was a complete monster.  I know that may be the extreme end of builds, but my other cors could put out some juicy numbers as well.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »
As a long-time RP'er, I'd love to see the various styles of "walk" made non-gender specific.  Not all my female alts would walk like runway models, and I've long been jealous of the more normal walk-style options men had.  Same for the "Sit-emotes". 

And it would be great to actually be able to sit on a chair/bench at a table.

Also, the ability to hold a teacup while sitting.  Not that I'm asking for the moon or anything!   ;)

Done.
Or at least...will be done. When we get to animations and such.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »
Pinky out please, we want to keep things classy.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2015, 09:09:02 PM »
Done.
Or at least...will be done. When we get to animations and such.

I'd tie that to a /mood command.
/mood sad - character walks with hands in pocket maybe looking down at the ground or that crywalk emote we have in icon.
etc etc

syntaxerror37

• Underling
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
I get that Corruptors have Scourge, but that ability hardly sees meaningful use outside of AV fights.

I have some problems with this statement.  In the early game scourge is going to be very useful to you when you don't have a lot of powers (ranged damage or buff/debuff to aid in damage), full slots, or even access to great enhancements.  It helped you take out minions faster, let alone higher ranked enemies.  Then there are hard targets (things like turrets or Crey Tanks) with high resistance to most damage types.  Along similar lines are when fighting enemies that are resistant to your specific damage type. 

As for the rest of the post, I'd just like to remind you that some time after the launch of CoV, Blasters got a signifigant boost across the board to damage because corrupters were out preforming them in both PvP and PvE.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2015, 12:29:13 AM »
Ideally no AT should ever be 'better' than another.
Of course, perfect balance is very difficult to achieve...but that's what what testing and re-balancing are for!
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

tinkb

• Underling
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2015, 03:48:23 AM »
i like to see  any coh   
as for task forces  we did em all   usually at +4   once a night til they shut it down,     there at the end was the funniest time i ever had,  someday it will return ...since that day at sunset still havent played a NCsoft game.   
COH will live once again......someday....

bigbadbob1957

• Underling
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2015, 03:24:45 AM »
if they are going to keep the black market ,the more salvage ,the better it would be. hope they can make a deal and get the game out I have bin waiting a long time. I have tried dc and champions and I do not like them. just waiting for cot or coh to come out

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2015, 02:37:46 AM »
Midnighters' Club, the store is a female sitting in a chair dunking a teabag in a teacup.
Is that what you are talking about?

That's the one.   :)

HeliumPhoenix

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »
Only things I'd want to see added/changed:

Raised level cap.  Let us progress beyond 50 as "Incarnate Levels" not just some fancy bonus stuff we have to farm.
REMOVE the mez block purple triangles of doom.  Give them higher resist, but not immunity.
VIP Status and bonuses for everyone!
Make IOs more valuable by giving them extra perks.  Makes people more likely to craft some, and some extra variety at higher levels (instead of everyone just having HOs after months of farming Hami).

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:27 AM »
and some extra variety at higher levels (instead of everyone just having HOs after months of farming Hami).
lolwut?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2015, 01:45:28 AM »
Make IOs more valuable by giving them extra perks.  Makes people more likely to craft some, and some extra variety at higher levels (instead of everyone just having HOs after months of farming Hami).
I'd like to introduce you to these things, they're called Invention Sets. They have extra perks. Few folks had more than a handful of Hamis (if any) by late game.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancement_Sets

Raised level cap.  Let us progress beyond 50 as "Incarnate Levels" not just some fancy bonus stuff we have to farm.
I don't want to have my characters obsoleted in the space of one login. It's one reason why I spend so little time in other MMOs that regularly raise the level cap (e.g. WoW). Constantly chasing a moving goalpost is NOT my idea of a good time.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal