Author Topic: Favorite Glitches?  (Read 12295 times)

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
Re: Favorite Glitches?
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 08:00:07 PM »
I really loved ninja running up the war walls... at just the right angle one could run all the way to the top.
And super-strengh-punching mobs so their heads got stuck in the ceiling, bodies still twitching and all.
Ah, good times ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:08:13 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 01:07:46 AM »
Oh yeah! The war-wall trick worked with Comban Jumping too. For my close range toons it was my favorite travel power before the travel powers got early unlocked. You could race across a zone pretty quick that way.

I'd always wished they could have found a way to use a similar mechanic to create a wall-crawling travel power. Like, hit a vertical surface and zoom!

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »
I'd always wished they could have found a way to use a similar mechanic to create a wall-crawling travel power. Like, hit a vertical surface and zoom!

That was my favorite part of DCUO, multiple ways to run on walls including super speeding up them...sadly that was about all I enjoyed about that game though.

Shidan

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
I think my favorite glitch was probably the time I respawned inside the hero hospital in Sirens call, as a villain. I gave quite a few heroes a scare for the next 5-10 minutes, until I went down the elevator...  ;)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 03:10:31 AM »
My favorite glitch was during issue 4, I think, maybe issue 3. I was in The Hollows and had to log off. When I zoned back in, I was underneath  the ground - and I flew, trying to come out of it - and then I ended up on the other side of the war wall. I flew up to the glass so I could peek in. It was pretty weird to see another character looking at me, looking at him through the glass. I took a screen shot - but that was two computers ago, maybe 3, so it's gone.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2015, 08:03:12 PM »
Also, if you picked the upper body with 2 robot arms and Flack Jacket as your chest with Flack Jacket as the texture, the chest would be invisible with a tiny hint of the texture still visible. When they fixed that, you couldn't make it again, but any toon that had been made that way got to keep the invisibility. I saved a costume with that glitch in place and found that I could load it and even edit it, so long as I didn't change the upper body type or the chest and it would keep the glitch in place. I used it to make a rad/kin corruptor named "Boost Suit" that was supposed to be an experimental Crey weapons suit with an A.I. navigation system so advanced it rebelled and started acting on its own.
For a short while the Flack Jacket texture was just broken, no robot arms required. i had an alt named Revenant Brawler that used that for a ghost boxer look. In the last year or so the upgraded costume editor made it possible to propagate it to a slew of new alts for a variety of interesting effects. The same with the baggy pants with the Malaise pattern that was usable briefly.

Still, the Rikti Popcorn Drones remain a favorite.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2015, 08:05:47 PM »
I really loved ninja running up the war walls... at just the right angle one could run all the way to the top.
And super-strengh-punching mobs so their heads got stuck in the ceiling, bodies still twitching and all.
Ah, good times ;D
Crane Kicking Freakshow Tanks into a wall or column and watching them flail helplessly with their heads embedded in the wall.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:48:50 AM by Nyx Nought Nothing »

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
I was once in a cave Council mish, werewolf/warwolf based and every time we 'defeated' a wolf, we wouldn't get a rag-doll-fall, they would simply disappear.  We got to the end, defeated all, clicked all the glowies, mish didn't end.  So, we ran back to the entrance and between the door and the first room of the base was EVERY SINGLE WOLF in the whole mish, so jammed in that they couldn't move.  AOE Fish in a Barrel !

Nellis

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 04:44:49 AM »
I think an old friend and I are the only two people who know of this glitch. At least, I've never seen anyone else mention it.

Back in the original tutorial, with the infected hobos, if you were really careful and perfected the timing you could climb the buildings by jumping on the window sills. You could get on top and behind them and actually go out of bounds, namely behind the fence surround the spawning area for new characters.

My friend and I made tiny black chitin spider characters and just sat behind that fence, silently laughing to ourselves whenever people would stare or type a little "wtf" in chat.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »
I think an old friend and I are the only two people who know of this glitch. At least, I've never seen anyone else mention it.

Back in the original tutorial, with the infected hobos, if you were really careful and perfected the timing you could climb the buildings by jumping on the window sills. You could get on top and behind them and actually go out of bounds, namely behind the fence surround the spawning area for new characters.

My friend and I made tiny black chitin spider characters and just sat behind that fence, silently laughing to ourselves whenever people would stare or type a little "wtf" in chat.
i used to go over the walls a lot in the tutorial, but it got boring pretty quickly once i determined there wasn't much more to look at there. Still, it was fun finding ways to reach new places that weren't usually supposed to be accessible. There were several other maps that i knew of ways to get under or outside the normal player areas, but not to the extent of some people i knew who could do it for almost every map.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
There was a Hold set IO conversion bug that we in Triumph dubbed "The Last Conversion"
You could convert in 3 ways iirc: Within Set, Within Category and Within Tier
Basically due to an oversight Hold set IO "Within Category" conversions weren't restricted by tier. You could take cheap "worthless" uncommon lvl 50 hold set IOs, use the Within Category conversion option and eventually land on a Very Rare/Purple Hold set IO if you did it enough times, you could then try to convert the purple hold set IOs into more valuable Purple sets if you wanted. We caused a spike in the market price of uncommon hold set IOs

Needless to say we in Triumph who were in the know farmed weekly tasks forces(for the double merits) all week for weeks on end until the bug got fixed in the next update. I got soooooo rich off that I went past the inf cap and was able to purple and pvp out my top 3 characters.

Prior to my move to triumph I really enjoyed kraken farming and exploiting synapse iirc
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »
So I don't know if i'm the only one who figured this out, but way back in the early days of the game there was a way you could enter the character creator and pick a male body type and then just let it time out and kick you to the login screen, then when you log back in and go to the character creator you could pick a female body type with the bare chest option.  Needless to say it drew some attention.

I sent them a report detailing it etc., never heard anything in response (wouldn't have minded a thank you heh) and they reset my name and costume, and then it got patched pretty quick, but I had my one day of glory hehe.

Shadows Linger - Repeat Offenders
I encountered a naked Oprah in the early days of the game, I guess they were using this lol
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!