Author Topic: What will be your first character you create?  (Read 10750 times)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: What will be your first character you create?
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 03:49:51 AM »
If I have to start over...

Mind/Emp 'Troller Heroine. 

Followed by a Mind/Psi Dominator Villainess. 

Followed by a Mind/Kin 'Troller started in Praetoria, a Rogue.

The Dawn Sisters shall live again.

Past that, of course, a BRAWL/Willpower Brute has to happen, for there will yet again be a 50+ Brawling Humiliator.

And probably I'll do Chillsea again, my Water/Ice Blaster.  Very effective solo, turned out.  My only real Blaster, got her to 50.

I should do Thing of Bigness again, my SS/WP Brute, but... I think I'd rather he be a Tank instead.  And maybe a different 'Armor' than WP.  I dunno.  So maybe I'll come up with something else.

Past that, I dunno.  Homeslicer was cool, I really wanted to get Val the Enchantress (hot babe zombie mastermind) to get on up the levels...  Nuclear Tigress still had potential...

I had SO MUCH to do, dammit..

C'Mon, NCSoft, sell the thing already. :p

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 06:02:02 AM »
My best friend and I have plans for a race to see who can get to 50 first when the game comes back, mostly because while he played the game casually and it was my greatest addiction in life he likes to brag about how fast he could get up there and I think it's adorable. Most likely I will be going the teams and TF route, so I will likely try an Empathy/Dark defender. I always loved my Empath defender, I was good at it, and there is always room for one on a team. My original one was empathy/archery, but I never got too much into the archery. I always had a build I wanted to try for the "Ultimate Empath", meaning filling in as many healing sets for healing bonuses as possible, which requires the dark attack set since it has a self heal :D

Besides the race thing, I have no idea, there are too many things I want to recreate or try for the first time. I've always wanted to do a dual pistols/kinetic corrupter, being in the middle of the fulcrum shift effect and then letting loose that fast recharging no end crash tier 9 always seemed like loads of fun. I never really gave Titan Weapons a chance, and I want to (maybe with stone armor so I get a BIGGER WEAPON! Muahahaha). I miss my electric/electric brute a lot, my perma-dom electric/psy dominator, my demon/dark mastermind, stone tank...there are too many choices. I'd probably create a ton of them at once and go from there.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 10:14:44 PM »
Support toons will be tough to come by the first few days. It's going to mains for name saving and farmer toons to set up a bank. If your main is a support toon you're going to be the prettiest girl in the room.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
Since Healix was the very first character I created on live, I would make sure she was first.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »
Likely a farmer of some sort....

Then a human warshade
Mace shield brute
Ice ice tanker
Some sort of willpower scrapper

I'm getting too excited so I'll stop here ;D

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 10:20:02 PM »
On my account

Fire/Ice Tank
Ill/Time Controller
Elec/SS Tank
Ill/Dark Controller
Dark/Ice Defender
Plant/Emp Controller
Plant/NA Controller
BS/Ninja Stalker

On the account I set up for my wife

Fire/Ice Blaster
Storm/Sonic Defender
Sonic/Energy Blaster
Plant/Energy Dominator

On the account I set up for my son:

Energy/Energy Blaster

Then just experiment after that
I refused to make another energy manipulation toon after my issue 4 blaster (elec/nrg), but I always thought sonic/nrg had the best set synergy (it took a bit before archery/mental or rad/fire became a thing)
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
First character I create will be a Warshade! 

Oh wait...

:o

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »
After Going Rogue went live, you only had to be subscribed (or bought the Warshade unlock from the Paragon market) to make a Warshade, so you might be able to make one as your first character if/when the game comes back.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 11:05:45 PM »
I'd definitely create a bunch of characters quickly to reserve the names, then go back and make my Invuln/SS tank. Then... Get ready! I'm comin for ya Frostfire!
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 01:19:07 PM »
I wanna change my answer, but only if the summer blockbuster event is available. fire/fire/flame OP bonfire blaster is my pick if i can get the -kb IO. all that aoe goodness with everything bouncing around helplessly would be a nice little recipe farmer to build all the million alts i've planned.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 02:33:27 PM »
I forgot about Eddie. I'd have to add a necro MM themed after Iron Maiden album art. Maybe with thermal instead of dark as a secondary.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 05:03:18 PM »
I'm going to probably either redo my tank or work on my ultimate troller build, both could be banks, I did the math and the troller should be able to tank LR or rather troll LR.

best support unit ever, will release the build when I finish him. you know what, gonna do him first then mah tank.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 12:48:54 AM »
I wanna change my answer, but only if the summer blockbuster event is available. fire/fire/flame OP bonfire blaster is my pick if i can get the -kb IO. all that aoe goodness with everything bouncing around helplessly would be a nice little recipe farmer to build all the million alts i've planned.

I hope the blockbuster event is or becomes available.  Some of my builds need the 2.5% def to E/N.  Also sometimes use Brawl and Boxing/Kick as mules for the Overwhelming 3% damage buff.

I forgot about Eddie. I'd have to add a necro MM themed after Iron Maiden album art. Maybe with thermal instead of dark as a secondary.

Zombies on fire!  Drauger9 opened my eyes to how great this will be visually.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 02:06:40 PM »
Correction, I reviewed the mids file for my troller, Vengeance was active... so unless I can have a teammate stay dead near me I can't troll recluse as well as I thought. still the build makes an excellent support unit, he's got everything you could want in a support unit. If CoX comes back I'll still make him first but I'll release the build as well.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 04:11:12 AM »
I refused to make another energy manipulation toon after my issue 4 blaster (elec/nrg), but I always thought sonic/nrg had the best set synergy (it took a bit before archery/mental or rad/fire became a thing)

She went pure blapper with her toon, and it was scarily effective.  All the secondary powers with just enough primary blasts (stun, etc) to keep the -RES on her enemies.  It was a single-enemy toon, but fun to watch.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2015, 06:50:02 AM »
She went pure blapper with her toon, and it was scarily effective.  All the secondary powers with just enough primary blasts (stun, etc) to keep the -RES on her enemies.  It was a single-enemy toon, but fun to watch.

I had an AR/NRG blaster and it was fantastic.  Boost Range alone improved AR a huge amount, remaining further back effectively increased Full Auto's area of damage.  I used to volunteer to pull Nightstar in the BAF, get comments like, "But you're a Blaster," and then I sniper rifle NS while standing on the edge of the tennis court.  AR/NRG added to list!

Shibboleth

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 10:58:18 PM »
Dark Melee/Electric Armor Brute probably quickly followed, despite my love of Corruptors, by a Gravity Control/Energy Manipulator Dominator.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 11:00:44 PM »
Mind Control / Kinetic, followed by Ice / Ice Dominator.  Then Martial Arts / Willpower ,  Nature Affinity / Archer, and so much more.  :-)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2015, 03:24:17 AM »
Controllers, lots of controllers.
Some masterminds.
Got to have a tank, as my main, as in Main Battle Tank.
And a VEAT  (widow)
Well, I guess I would need a scrapper for when I want to be alone.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »
The VERY first will be one of the 11 toons whose names I want to reserve, but they will be left at level 1;

After that, still on day one: an AE marathon on a claws/elec brute from one account (farming) dual-boxing with an empathy/psy defender from another account (door-sitting). You gotta have a fund-raising toon when the economy is starting from all zeros, and it's also nice to have a capable support character that can exemp down to any team to help out others.

The first one I actually PLAY will be probably be a Warshade. Maybe it's weird, but I really miss teleport!