Author Topic: What made City of Heroes unique for you?  (Read 22214 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: What made City of Heroes unique for you?
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2018, 09:16:23 PM »
I love that. I used to do that all the time, too. I would just sit for a few hours watching newbs login under Atlas and hit them with a Kinetic buff or Personal Bubble depending on what toon I was on. It was fun to follow them for a few levels until they got their bearings. And, then I would return and do it again.

That was so much fun to do.

When I had a few 50's and tons of influence and high level enhancements I would just stand around in Atlas and just give new toons lots of Influence or some SO's to sell to help them out.

This was before IO's so there wasn't a lot to spend stuff on. If I knew then I would have needed that 500,000,000 influence or whatever I gave out over the years to buy one IO - I would have kept it all LOL.

Konman444

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2018, 08:03:54 PM »
I loved the variety of powers and the variety of customization. Depending on the mods I got I would change my powers to give me maximum ability though I played a defender and tried to keep my endurance at the point where it wouldn't deplete so I could help others. There was some thought that went into how you played and how you advanced your character.

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 02:19:12 PM »
I liked the idea that from level 1, you were actually effective and could go out there and start taking down the bad guys. In so many MMO's, you can barely give a rat a headache for the first half dozen levels. I always get a bad feeling about an MMO when the first ten missions are gathering twigs and fruit and hitting a few dozen insects.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »
the tone, the fact that i didnt feel like i was playing second fiddle to any one....the villain groups were amazeing too. First time i ran into Malta i was like 'this. is. AMAZEING!' and CoX is the only game that has ever given me two things i want an MMO: a pet control class with actual numbers (mastermind) and a proper super stealthy assassin class (Stalker).
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2018, 09:38:27 PM »
What made this game so unique for me because Paragon Studios gave the players freedom. We was allowed to do whatever we want. Starting with the character customization. You can create your favorite character you've ever dreamed of with unlimited costume combinations. Then, there was the sidekick system. It was also the updates the Devs put into. For example, Issue 13: "I can double my XP just by logging out at certain locations and get rewards for it? Nice!" Issue 14: "I can create my own missions and enemies? Nice!" Issue 16: "I can change the colors of my powers and I can play with my friends no matter what level I am? Nice!" Going Rogue Expansion: "I can do both sides now? Nice!" There was always something to do like soloing, teaming, Task/Strike Forces, AE, Raids, Trials, Incarnate Trials and PvP. I was always occupied and I never got bored doing that.  :'(

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2018, 04:56:54 PM »
For me was creating my own custom background story and see it evolve as I created more characters to fit the original story