Author Topic: Hi-Pan  (Read 1028 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Hi-Pan
« on: February 06, 2015, 06:59:09 PM »
So if Lo-Pan is of low flesh...

I dunno what that means but it was a fun coincidence that I just happened to watch Big Trouble in Little China with the Kurt Russell & John Carpenter commentary right before logging on for the first time when Hi-Pan ran in this rotation.

This would be my first props to Hi-Pan after a long history of no props. I even enjoyed the Hi-Pan fights.

Even being in the proper mood, there was too much NttG in this Custom. It's a small complaint but worth mentioning. If there was no NttG except for when it's needed during the Hi-Pan fight, it would still be comparable in speed to some of the other Customs that give similar rewards and I think it would make the Alurt funner.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Hi-Pan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »
The "death circles" can be somewhat random, but generally a new one will appear after the old one completely phases.  It's wise to be blocking and moving then, and be ready to react quickly.  But I'd use a defensive passive for the alert and heal one self super fast after escaping a ying/yang.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Hi-Pan
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »
It really helps a lot when the person with agro moves out of the spinning circle thing when it appears and preferably in the direction of the *bwonnng* bell.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>