Author Topic: How many of us Log In?  (Read 4435 times)

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
How many of us Log In?
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »
I was wondering while using Mids & Icon this afternoon if people still use them and if so how many of us still like to build, design and enter the zones to remember the good memories we have of the game.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
Re: How many of us Log In?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
Everyday first week I got it. Now once a month and usually as an offline character creator/idea factory for other games.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 02:01:24 AM »
You call it "Log In", but technically we are just running programs locally and maybe loggin only to our local machines if that.

I use Icon for my Fan fiction.  I look at zones and stuff.  I am working on a composite of all the characters.
I don't use mids very much. 
If I ever get my account back, I do have a few high level characters who could use a respec. 
I could plan their respecs using mids.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 02:57:32 AM »
Much more frequent when I first got it, less so these days.  The silence tends to make me sad, so when I am done getting group photo shots of all of my rebuilt characters, I am done for a few days.
What was no more, is now reborn!

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 12:37:48 AM »
I still do it a couple times a week. Flip between building new toons in mids or tuning up ol ones and visiting the zones in icon. Let's just say when the game comes back I've got some monsters waiting to be unleashed 😛

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 07:00:06 AM »
I still do it a couple times a week. Flip between building new toons in mids or tuning up ol ones and visiting the zones in icon. Let's just say when the game comes back I've got some monsters waiting to be unleashed

;D Same don't know if I'll enough time or slots to level all the toons I have built.

Do spend some time in the zones just searching to see if there were any hidden areas people never descovered, or other things I never noticed before as was to busy heading to mission or badge hunting.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »
I'll still load up the Hollows every now and again just to take a victory sprint around the perimeter of the Gulch toward the Frostfire door. Only, with no purple Trolls or Outcast spawns to avoid, it's just not the same.  :-[
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

HeatSpike1

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 08:54:39 PM »
I'll still load up the Hollows every now and again just to take a victory sprint around the perimeter of the Gulch toward the Frostfire door. Only, with no purple Trolls or Outcast spawns to avoid, it's just not the same.  :-[

running across that map in a full team of lowbies was never more frustrating.... or satisfying. good times  ;D

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »
I'm sure I use it more than just about anyone, since I use it as reference while building Revival. Lol.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

HeatSpike1

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »
I'm sure I use it more than just about anyone, since I use it as reference while building Revival. Lol.

I guess that makes about perfect sense  :)

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 01:55:02 AM »
Almost daily, at least every other day, I still "log in" to Icon. 

I haven't stopped creating characters since Sunset.  And I've been making tons of screenshots either through Icon or through Demo Edits.

This game is my muse and inspires me to create continuously.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 08:17:55 AM »
can't wait to play again

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
I hear ya!  I feel the same way, and I would imagine that everyone else who still posts here does too.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »
I check things often, weekly at least, when I am looking for things/specifics in an area. I rarely build a costume though, just load a saved file and launch.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 07:52:30 AM »
I mess with the costumes of some of my old toons every now and then. A couple times I actually managed to improve them :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 12:48:39 AM »
My only concern is that I did not use caution in re-creating my characters to avoid the costume pieces that were not free.  The reason for my concern is that, since we will be starting from scratch (in all likelihood), and the Veteran's Rewards likely won't be available, I don't know how many of the pieces I selected and saved in the costume file will actually be there when the game re-launches.  Could have to take some of them back to the costume shop!

Shidan

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 01:53:22 PM »
My only concern is that I did not use caution in re-creating my characters to avoid the costume pieces that were not free.  The reason for my concern is that, since we will be starting from scratch (in all likelihood), and the Veteran's Rewards likely won't be available, I don't know how many of the pieces I selected and saved in the costume file will actually be there when the game re-launches.  Could have to take some of them back to the costume shop!
I imagine that those will likely at least be available in some way. My main concern is the pieces that were added by I24. We probably won't be getting those, and I wasn't particularly careful when designing costumes to not use them...