Author Topic: Queue for Warlord  (Read 5376 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Queue for Warlord
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »
Do eet Nao...
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Queue for Warlord
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:54:14 AM »
Why should I? Warlord is just more of the same. Old content re-hashed, around and around the rotation we go.

(Just thought I'd get the ball rolling)..
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 05:22:56 AM »
Why should I? Warlord is just more of the same. Old content re-hashed, around and around the rotation we go.

(Just thought I'd get the ball rolling)..
If you're going to argue with yourself it's traditional to use two separate accounts...
So far so good. Onward and upward!

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »
Its about cost/reward.  I try to focus on the shorter alerts since the payout is the same but it costs less.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »
I'm the same way.  I will never touch the following alerts:

Pyramid Power(Tedious, boring, makes me fall asleep, same reward as the probably quarter to only one tenth as long rad rumble).

Museum Heist: Long, boring, bad players frequently make it take exponentially longer than city hall or visit to the mall.

Bank Heist: See above for Heist, bad players frequently make it take very, very long as I do ALL the work as if I am literally the only member on the entire team.

Weekly Alerts: Faster smash gives far more globals.

Rampages: I can get far more questionite just by stockpiling daily alert missions and then doing them all for 8k.  Fire and ice is both boring and forces the trinity.  Only gravitar is any fun and even then always a stupid little healer stealing all the credit from the entire team even if it was the resing of idiots that did not bring a proper rampage worthy toon to begin with.  Not to sound like an SHFG but, I don't join gravitar to spend all of my time resing a low damage archtype who spends all his time dead because he expected a tank to do all the work for him.  Vehicle based rampages are slogfests now that are no longer fun and no one queues for them anymore anyways.

I do however do the following alerts:
Smash of any kind, because they are fast, short and rewarding for me.  Incompetent lowbies/noob(as in suiciding idiot with no idea how to defend himself) don't tend to enter them except on rare occasion(such as when a stupid moron got himself killed 10 times in a recruiting drive, barely won.  Chastised the idiot for nearly costing the rest of the the team the alert).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:25:48 PM »
The Warlord queue was pretty well on fire yesterday. Never had to wait too many seconds to get right in. Haven't tried it yet today but am about to.

My Rain of Fire Conflagration keeps sticking.. It fizzles out for some unknown reason and then I get a recharge time msg when I go to hit it again. I'm not seeing Warlord's Fire Patches until well after they've already hit me, which has been annoying too. Besides that it's been good stuff.

That reply thing of mine was dumb but I guess at least I have the comfort of knowing I only did so on a single account.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:41:26 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 08:30:21 PM »
Warlord is one of my favorite Special Alurts due to it can be rushed, can give one of the best rewards even though it probably won't..., and Warlord teams are generally fun with lots of stuff to run through and/or burn down.

>>

Usually end up with at least 1k in costume pieces too. Warlord pieces sell consistently well. OH! and UNTIL rec. hot bots, ya know.

>>

Oh yeah, it drops at least 2G's too huh? SO it's like a mini-smash with perks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:35:25 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
I also have some bad experiences with "Speed run without telling anyone" teams.  In that the assholes CHASTISED ME for not keeping up with them as I had thought everyone was going to actually be fighting everyone.  So I also hate playing Warlord because jerks play it and treat everyone else like crap for not playing specifically and exactly like them.  It's toxic, and I don't need shit like that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:34 PM »
So far for me the queue times are consistently quicker than any other Alert that I can think of and I'm even double queuing Smashes.

=

I Win,

Warlord for President.

Tell that to you fancy Hi-Pan and Pals

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 11:24:21 PM »
Aww man I killed the queue..
Some Faves:

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:55:38 AM »
I'm the same way.  I will never touch the following alerts:

Pyramid Power(Tedious, boring, makes me fall asleep, same reward as the probably quarter to only one tenth as long rad rumble).

Museum Heist: Long, boring, bad players frequently make it take exponentially longer than city hall or visit to the mall.

Bank Heist: See above for Heist, bad players frequently make it take very, very long as I do ALL the work as if I am literally the only member on the entire team.

Weekly Alerts: Faster smash gives far more globals.

Rampages: I can get far more questionite just by stockpiling daily alert missions and then doing them all for 8k.  Fire and ice is both boring and forces the trinity.  Only gravitar is any fun and even then always a stupid little healer stealing all the credit from the entire team even if it was the resing of idiots that did not bring a proper rampage worthy toon to begin with.  Not to sound like an SHFG but, I don't join gravitar to spend all of my time resing a low damage archtype who spends all his time dead because he expected a tank to do all the work for him.  Vehicle based rampages are slogfests now that are no longer fun and no one queues for them anymore anyways.

I do however do the following alerts:
Smash of any kind, because they are fast, short and rewarding for me.  Incompetent lowbies/noob(as in suiciding idiot with no idea how to defend himself) don't tend to enter them except on rare occasion(such as when a stupid moron got himself killed 10 times in a recruiting drive, barely won.  Chastised the idiot for nearly costing the rest of the the team the alert).

I play the same way.  The rewards aren't the great so might as well go for the quick or easier rewards.  This is also why the lairs missions are rarely done.  This weekend by chance i did do a teamup and lair.  Its been like a year since I have done that before.  At the end of the rhinoplasty lair?  We each rolled for a piece of rare gear.  We should each be guaranteed mythic gear in order to make these things worth while.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 05:09:52 AM »
Was a fast queue this weekend. Got a couple pairs of gloves, helmet, lots of UNTILs and ,,, ,, some G's. Had to afk a lot but almost always got right back in a team when coming back.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »
CHASTISED ME for not keeping up with them

Never once have gotten this, ever.

The other way around, yes. By people who don't like people running ahead of them for whatever reason and also feel the need to, usually loudly, try and share that reason.

I'm good with whichever way the team wants to take it and understand both sides of the coin and will join any rush I see going especially if it's from known repeat offenders.

There are sommmmetimes when I miss what's up. Like this morning.. Very good rush team and I missed they were doing it at least twice in a row,

It's been my experience that in rush situations that the rusher(s) are people who don't need you and leave you to be all you can be while they are heading to queue up again for another 20 second run. No one cares if you got left in the dust for whatever reason and you always have the option to try and catch up. It's desired that you catch up. If not this run, then maybe some future one. The moar ppl the better. This has been my experience and kinda how I look at it too if I'm in the rush.

I've never had a rush end with someone not able to loot Warlord. Which, is pretty much the point,

ONE thing I'll tell you from middle-of-the roadville... You know the very very first room that you pop into when you start the Alurt? Skip It.. Seriously.. Just walk through this door that is staring you in the face as you first zone into the Alurt. There is no reason whatsoever to fight in this room. Just.. walk/jump/roll/fly/tp/iioze.. through the door. It's just that easy.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:11:55 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »
Never once have gotten this, ever.

The other way around, yes. By people who don't like people running ahead of them for whatever reason and also feel the need to, usually loudly, try and share that reason.

I'm good with whichever way the team wants to take it and understand both sides of the coin and will join any rush I see going especially if it's from known repeat offenders.

There are sommmmetimes when I miss what's up. Like this morning.. Very good rush team and I missed they were doing it at least twice in a row,

It's been my experience that in rush situations that the rusher(s) are people who don't need you and leave you to be all you can be while they are heading to queue up again for another 20 second run. No one cares if you got left in the dust for whatever reason and you always have the option to try and catch up. It's desired that you catch up. If not this run, then maybe some future one. The moar ppl the better. This has been my experience and kinda how I look at it too if I'm in the rush.

I've never had a rush end with someone not able to loot Warlord. Which, is pretty much the point,

ONE thing I'll tell you from middle-of-the roadville... You know the very very first room that you pop into when you start the Alurt? Skip It.. Seriously.. Just walk through this door that is staring you in the face as you first zone into the Alurt. There is no reason whatsoever to fight in this room. Just.. walk/jump/roll/fly/tp/iioze.. through the door. It's just that easy.

Uh, yeah, the only time one should speed run is if the team was organized for the damn speed run to begin with.  Speed running without everyone on board to me is a crime and is very, very annoying.  This isn't a single player game for gods sake.  When no one tells me they are speed running, then proceed to insult me, it reflects badly to me.  It also reflects badly on EVERYONE playing the entire game, as any bad act often does at this point.

And I am sure it reflects badly to newcomers.

But to also insult anyone lagging after trying to speed run because you did not tell anyone, its your #$%#ing fault he didn't know.  Just as it's annoying for the rest of the team, simultaneously, if your the only one trying and you didn't say anything.  That sore, sore lack of communication and then the whole insults after is what ticks me off so much about that alert and makes me refuse to ever touch the thing.

My rule for a team based game and speed running; either everyone is on board, or no one isIf you cannot have either, your doing a disservice to everyone and making speed runners who speed run games that are on actual speed demos archive look bad.  Especially when said game has no true competitive routes for speed running it and the general speed running community does not look at the game for a reason.  This game will never be on awesome games done quick or summer games done quick for a reason, not entertaining enough for either.

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »

You get exp and res for every enemy defeated.  So if you are looking for those things as most people are then there is a reason to do it.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 02:13:11 AM »
XP and res for 5 mobs? 15 if you just want to clear out the whole place from corner to corner...

Dude the entire Zone is infested with mobs. You can't go through Warlord without encountering them. Why piddle with ones that offer virtually no reward at all. Is my point. Just... walk/jump/barrelroll/tp/fly/ooze or whatever, yourself, through the very first door that is Facing you and go on with the rest of the Alurt. Is my point.

LA, sorry you can't keep up. My guess is that no one actually ever cussed you out for not being able to speedrun except yourself. As I said before. I've never once seen a Warlord end without everyone looting. So why cry at getting to the end faster unless you just suck so bad that you wish you could do it yourself.

Reality check mode: on

Some Faves:

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 04:58:37 AM »
XP and res for 5 mobs? 15 if you just want to clear out the whole place from corner to corner...

Dude the entire Zone is infested with mobs. You can't go through Warlord without encountering them. Why piddle with ones that offer virtually no reward at all. Is my point. Just... walk/jump/barrelroll/tp/fly/ooze or whatever, yourself, through the very first door that is Facing you and go on with the rest of the Alurt. Is my point.

LA, sorry you can't keep up. My guess is that no one actually ever cussed you out for not being able to speedrun except yourself. As I said before. I've never once seen a Warlord end without everyone looting. So why cry at getting to the end faster unless you just suck so bad that you wish you could do it yourself.

Reality check mode: on

Such endearing charm.  Don't you just love him?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 05:27:56 AM »
My mistake...

The lil room that can be easily skipped is not the first room. It's the first room after the *elevator*.

There is no reason to fight in this room.
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 07:46:12 AM »
Edited since I made this a little insulting myself.

Xev, I was cussed out by jerks in that, I really was verbally insulted for fighting things.  Ahem "And lets see which noob is holding all of us up".  I was extremely insulted.  You say that never happened, bullcrap, I am the one who was called crap, for no good reason, than that I had gotten caught up in a fight with about 20 tough guys and had to defend myself.  And it wasn't just the first room or the second, it was the third room with about 2 dozen guys in it.  Yeah, annoying, and infuriating to be pondering "where the heck is everyone" as your trying to fend off such numbers on a pff toon and surviving thanks to the sheer amount of other defenses ya took.

And I'm a little insulted you say that did not actually happen.  I couldn't describe how, well, insulted I am.  I edited this post since I had earlier, yeah.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:00:53 AM by LaughingAlex »

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
There is no reason to fight in this room.

Unless you're the kind of player who enjoys clearing a map, is not concerned with speed runs, and could give a flying fig about loot. In that case, there is every reason to fight in that room. Just sayin'
The style of play Alex describes, smacks of farming and was not my favored style of play in either CoX or CO.

Frankly, the deeply prevalent "learn 2 play, n00b" attitude in CO was ultimately the deciding factor in my ditching the game in the first place. Teaming was the only redeeming quality the game had going for it. When that started to suck, there was no reason to play the game.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
LA I was just messing with you broham.

Anyone who comes here enough knows that I never come here looking for a fight. Everyone posting here lately seems to be in fight/everything sucks mode so I was being bad and fanned the flames just because it is so easy to do. Unlike trying to carry on a positive thread which seems to be impossible.

I say, play however you want and however is fun to you and learn how to deal with angry people because they are everywhere, in every game, in every place I've ever been. The advantage you have in the game world is that this is where you are supposed to be having fun so if you are, then you're doing things right. Someone bitching and cursing is obviously not. Leave them be or stir them up. I say, leave them be and move on to the 99% of the players I team with who aren't interested at yelling at you.

It's been my experience that people who are bitching other people out in-game are prone to do so and generally no one cares what they are saying anyway so don't let it get to you. Unless it is just too blatantly easy to make fun of situations like this I tend to ignore them rather than fan the flame.

Relitner:
There is no reason to fight in that room.

It's not rushing to just walk through the door that stares you in the face as you take the elevator down. If you get satisfaction from clearing the easiest most skippable room in the entire map, then by all means, clear it. I'll be waiting for you at the end of the hallway.  (Edit) I do this all the time - usually I'm attacking mobs from inside the hallway as I wait.

Oh and yeah, many players are running Warlord over and over again to farm it. It's a highly farmable alurt so why wouldn't they? Especially in a game with such little farmable content. I see nothing shocking or negative, here. Besieds just wait, we'll be back to nice and slow less rewarding Custom Alurts soon enough. In the meanwhile there is the whole rest of the game.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:10:42 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »
Relitner:
There is no reason to fight in that room.

If you are Xev, perhaps not. If you are Relitner, there is a reason (as stated clearly in a previous post). Please understand there is more than one way to play, and more than one reason for playing.  :)
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 03:20:23 PM »
Yup, Relitner. If you've read this thread then you can easily see that I understand this all well.

If you're having fun in there then more power to ya.

I don't use all the tips I read here either but I appreciate people sharing them,

Some Faves: