Author Topic: Marvel's Secret Wars  (Read 1017 times)

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
Marvel's Secret Wars
« on: January 22, 2015, 04:59:47 AM »
I just found this: Click Me.
And I can't say I'm too happy.
"The Ultimate Universe, the Marvel Universe, they're going to slap together," Alonso said. "Imagine two pizzas: They're going to combine toppings, some toppings are going to drop off. And that is the Marvel Universe moving forward. It's more than the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe, it's all the universes you can imagine. That is the Marvel Universe going forward."

Having the distinct feeling that the parts that get lost are exactly the ones I like the best:
On the Ultimate side: Ben Grimm and Sue Storm being together, Utopia and everything leading up to it, kick-ass Kitty Pryde, (is she or is she not a goblin) Mary Jane, Kong, HULK
And on the 616 side: Agent Venom, Scarlet Spider (Kain) and Hummingbird, Spider-Man (they won't be able to resist messing him up again*)

On the bright side, I've got a feeling we're gonna get a new (main universe) Wolverine... turning him into a legacy character.
Also, should be interesting to see (ultimate) Fury meeting his identity stealing (616) son. And I can't wait for Deadpool to kill his mutant hating counterpart.

*everybody in the ultimate universe knows about Peter.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
Re: Marvel's Secret Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:32:33 PM »
Disturbing...

I know it's tough for comic creators - the readers seem to want things to stay the same while simultaneously being fresh and exciting but mixing up everything in a big pot and seeing how it tastes seems risky. I was never that much of a DC fan but i really didn't like the consequences of their merger.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Marvel's Secret Wars
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:34:58 PM »
Marvel seems to be going back into their once every decade or so ways of overflooding the market and gimmicking like mad. I've only been keeping up reading the x-titles lately but i've been amazed in my file sorting how many new series seem to be popping up every month. you'd think they would learn at some point. i'm betting SW1 has a foil cover :P