Author Topic: Streetsweep: The Game  (Read 1899 times)

Nightsjester

• Minion
Streetsweep: The Game
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:34:50 AM »
So the last week or so I have felt rather inspired for reasons everyone here should know by now and I decided I would take a crack at an idea I have had for a few years but never moved on for an 'idle' version of city of heroes where it would simulate your character running around agroing mobs, defeating stuff and getting loot leaving out all the fancy graphics and action.
Anyway more than anything else this is just a fancy toy meant for people who enjoy stuff like Clicker heroes or progress quest and its scope is really really limited and I wanted to guage if there was much interest for a toy like this to play with.
So far its uh.... "playable"... in that you can select an archetype and murderstuff by using brawl 30 times a second with a bunch more stuff under the hood ready to expand into actual powersets and blah blah. Again its all super primitive and not really fun yet so its not ready to go out into the wild but I do think its a neat concept and I want to know what you guys think of having a thing like this to play with. Here's some stuff to look at~
character creation right now:

The game as of right now, the numbers all over the place are coming from the top left baddie as I use brawl on him a couple dozen times a second (for testing purposes of course...):

Just a few things to note about the scope of this thing:
*single player only
*You will be able to play actively but the idea is you will set up a power rotation that it will use automaticly while you are not playing to continue making progress.
*It is a toy, meaning there will be no real goals or end to it, you get o make a character and watch it progress passively or somewhat actively depending on how you want to use it.
*Its not going to be very well balanced for support classes because of singleplayer but it will still feature them.
*There will be enhancements but inventions will just be crafted automaticly and there will be methods to get them to make building some stuff feasible.
*On the topic of enahncements set bonus things will likely take a long time to make work nicely for me.
*I am going to attempt to use as much real data as possible and whenever I need to make it up  it will be in favor of staying accurate..
*visuals will at best be the mugshots of the mobs, for the sake of this thing getting finished one day...
*No costumes, this is a pure numbers game.
*I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER! This is all being done through scripting in GM:S. It does a really nice job for what I want to do but thats it. Progress will be slow and there isn't anything I can do to help the big boy projects here on Titan unless they need graphics for something.

So what is all of this for? For the fun of it I guess, I am a big fan of idle game time wasters and a CoH themed one that ties in the numbers and (simplefied as needed) mechanics of the original really appeals to me and I want to know if anyone else is interested or had any ideas. If the interest is there I think I can get the first public version with a few powersets for the classes out sometime next week.

Whew okay, thats all.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
Re: Streetsweep: The Game
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 05:56:31 AM »
so this is a lot like those mobile games that just keep fighting even when you arent playing? i like it.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Nightsjester

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 06:22:39 AM »
so this is a lot like those mobile games that just keep fighting even when you arent playing? i like it.

I think it would be nice to make it work for phones, and its def not out of the question (I did in fact intend for this to be a mobile thing) but it would need to be stripped down even further just to work well outside of tablets.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »
I think it would be nice to make it work for phones, and its def not out of the question (I did in fact intend for this to be a mobile thing) but it would need to be stripped down even further just to work well outside of tablets.

Sorry to necropost but good luck!
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!