Author Topic: Resistance is not Futile (blatent negativity edited:) but it can be annoying  (Read 1687 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Soooo I thought to try something different lately and run Resistance during morning caffeination.

2 out of 2 days Lil miss Dark Speed runs right into the Mega D's even tho I have early agro and try to drag her to the lil control room.

The drop is already uber rare and you have to already jump through enough hoops to get to the drop point and then this stupidness, for lack of a nicer and more descriptive word.

At least when you loot and lose you get the thrill of looting.. But to get to the final fight and then the mob runs away is just about as lame as it gets.

Sure I could run Smashes but ya know what I've already ran ~ 9 trillion of them and am in the market for something different pharmwise.

I could do Andrith if I had like an HOUR every morning and I have yet to get a worthwhile drop there anyway.

Bleh  : /

Ah well, I'm not the first one to complain about this but I feel better now. Tyvm.

/flip Resistance

/moanmode: off

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:31:31 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Resistance is not Futile it's Lame
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »
Soooo I thought to try something different lately and run Resistance during morning caffeination.

2 out of 2 days Lil miss Dark Speed runs right into the Mega D's even tho I have early agro and try to drag her to the lil control room.

The drop is already uber rare and you have to already jump through enough hoops to get to the drop point and then this stupidness, for lack of a nicer and more descriptive word.

At least when you loot and lose you get the thrill of looting.. But to get to the final fight and then the mob runs away is just about as lame as it gets.

Sure I could run Smashes but ya know what I've already ran ~ 9 trillion of them and am in the market for something different pharmwise.

I could do Andrith if I had like an HOUR every morning and I have yet to get a worthwhile drop there anyway.

Bleh  : /

Ah well, I'm not the first one to complain about this but I feel better now. Tyvm.

/flip Resistance

/moanmode: off

I actually hated the mission string myself.  Alot of it boiled down to a light feeling of soft-railroading in it, and a horribly executed stealth section for me.  It's like they wanted to look into a resistance-themed mission string but, honestly kind of failed.  This generally lead to a feeling of linearity to me.  I was initially impressed by the mega-destroyer fight but often, I felt it was just a "power fantasy fullfillment section"(made only to make me feel powerful but not necessary to the plot or could have been done better).

Then course, the end with the real Dr. Destroyer stepping in to "Take the planet back" from Shadow Destroyer....yeah......kind of felt dumb in a way.

I can see the temptation of trying to get the drops in it, but even then, its still farming :/.  Truthfully the most fun I had with it was using vehicles to bomb mega-destroyers into the stone ages.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 09:03:04 PM »
Yeah I think I ran this all the way through like 3 times until I found out that I only needed to go as far as the Oubilette fight and now that's as far as I go due to I already ran the mish a few times for the fun factor and now I just run it due to it is one of the rare farming places in CO.

The mish design to me is about as good as it gets as far as play goes but when the loot dropper runs off so I get ks'd by other mobs... that has to be one of the lamest gaming things ever.

Only redeeming thing is I don't have to wade through the entire mish to get to her.

It's easier to pull her in the control room if you have ranged CS. I can get her ~ every time then. But then I have to run the thing with my low arse dps tank or retcon another higher dps every time.

Ah well..

Back to Fortuna for morning caffeine..
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 11:59:08 PM »
I've done it a couple times. At this point I only have two toons who have the DPS to finish the fight with Shadow Destroyer in a reasonable period of time, so it's not something I do on a regular basis.

But I do like to do it all the way through for RP purposes.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 12:39:37 AM »
It's a fun mish and was definitely worth running all the way to the end at least once.

I'm normally not into re-running mishes unless there is some kind of reward I'm looking for. Like getting access to Andrith or Vibora or my Task Force Commander Accolade or getting a drop I want or seeing how a new build does if it is benchmarky like Andrith or Resistance.

Well, and, again, I wanna point out that Resistance is one of the rare things you can farm in CO. Likely this is what it is most famous for. But when the Farmee runs into the arms of Mega-D's screaming "Take my loot plx!!".. It's just not a good way to start the day. hehe
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
/Negativenancymode: off

Get you a 100' crippling challenge power that you can spam and my complaint about this mish goes away.

It was early.. I was cranky... Apols..

This actually is one of my favorite mishes in the game. Not that I like running it often, I don't like running any non-rewardthatiwant mish often and I haven't ran this one all the way through in over a year. But when I did run it all the way through I liked it more than most.

Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
/Negativenancymode: off

Get you a 100' crippling challenge power that you can spam and my complaint about this mish goes away.

It was early.. I was cranky... Apols..

This actually is one of my favorite mishes in the game. Not that I like running it often, I don't like running any non-rewardthatiwant mish often and I haven't ran this one all the way through in over a year. But when I did run it all the way through I liked it more than most.

I think the most fun I have for resistance is actually fighting Mega D's, in any shape or form.  I actually watched a video where a guy did some seemingly impossible stuff, though he used a build specifically for the task at hand.  The only thing that always truely bothered me overall was, as I said earlier, the linearity of the mission and the maps somewhat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wdIWlKOWMw

He tanked four colossus.  It was nice seeing such a gigantic army of badguys trying to take him down.  He did this all without hijacking a mega D.

I actually like the guy as he tends to show how broken the game is, it's a shame he seems to suffer some of the same problems I have with the game.  But he certainly breaks the game, in a fun way.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.