Author Topic: Valiance Online  (Read 104176 times)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: Valiance Online
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2016, 05:31:34 PM »
It delivers that 'flying fix' that so many of us need.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »
Massively Overpowered provided a link to the preview of Valiance Online's new website. It looks great--congratulations!

Thank you!

I wanted to let you know that I tried out your pre-alpha on my trusty, aged laptop and was definitely impressed at what you guys have gotten together, as well as how well the client ran on said laptop. It's an old ASUS lappy from 2008 with a Geforce GTX 260M graphics card and a Core 2 Duo 2.53 Ghz processor, and I was getting 25-30 FPS in 1440x900 full screen with minimum graphics options enabled. So, kudos! I'm looking forward to where your project goes from here.

That's good to hear and thanks!

Not Bad!

High praise! :D

It delivers that 'flying fix' that so many of us need.

Glad to be of service!

FYI, our servers will be up and down throughout the day as we prepare a new patch. Stay tuned for more details!

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2016, 10:18:29 PM »
I was in VO last night.  I'm glad enemies are back!

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2016, 06:10:03 PM »
Last time I tried to log on I got the loading screen with ambient sound fx. Will try again today.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #144 on: February 29, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »
And...?  8)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: February 29, 2016, 09:44:39 PM »
I've been able to get in on my last two attempts.

I'd forgotten how time consuming it can be to run back to a trainer to get a new power.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2016, 05:00:35 PM »
I've been able to get in on my last two attempts.

I'd forgotten how time consuming it can be to run back to a trainer to get a new power.

Good exercise though!  ;D

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2016, 08:52:44 PM »
Instead of walking, I've decided to take the Death Express.

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2016, 01:56:20 AM »
I can't find the trainer. I am probably missing the obvious.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2016, 05:31:47 PM »
I've got to give props to the Valiance Online team.  I tried the alpha a year ago and... well, it was very much alpha.  Felt like a beginning 3DMax or Blender project. (No offense, I have zero skills when it comes to 3D animation/authoring games, I couldn't even get that far.)

I tried it this morning, and how far you've come since then... I didn't have to avoid parts of the map out of fear of falling through the floor and TPing back to a origin point.  All of the graphics weren't a shade of red or cyan, there was actual color.  The player customization options have increased quite a bit.  Animations aren't wonky versions of walking.  There's a dialog system being worked on. 

I have to admit, I didn't have a whole lot of faith in the project at the start, but Valiance Online is improving quite a bit. 

You have my Respek Knuckles.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Dr. Bad Guy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2016, 01:34:39 AM »
Valiance Online

We are getting ready to release the alpha patch and move to Steam. There will be a week (or more) of downtime in the next few weeks to prep.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2016, 05:52:08 PM »
Just catching up on a few announcements made on social media...

• We are getting ready to release the alpha patch and move to Steam. There will be a week (or more) of downtime in the next few weeks to prep.
  • The alpha patch will merge game and website logins, and allow investors to access their rewards in-game. Watch for a blog post with details!
  • FYI, the game will not be Steam only. It will always be available through our website and other means.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2016, 01:20:30 AM »
I tried it this morning, and how far you've come since then... I didn't have to avoid parts of the map out of fear of falling through the floor and TPing back to a origin point.

How do I get there? For some time, since well before Tahquitz's post to now, I've been running around the same small plot of land, with an intersection with blue force fields where you can, most definitely, fall through, and a row of people near the respawn point: Advancement Trainer, Enhancement Vendor, Marcus Clark, Joyce Abbott, Herbert Abbott, Robert Abbott, Fire Cmdr. Swanson, and Meat Magician (from left to right, facing them as you look south). Is there more, that my updater has been overlooking? (Yes, I'm using the 8.0 launcher.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:25:55 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
Um, never mind. Just now, I tried making a second toon, which ended up on an actual city map. So I've now deleted, and re-made, the toon who was trapped on the little floating city-map island.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2016, 03:24:03 PM »
Coming Soon: Alpha Patch 0.1.0

Click the link for more details!

http://valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-announcements/210-coming-soon-alpha-patch-0-1-0

Alpha Series

• Lieutenant
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2016, 04:08:46 PM »
Has the site gone down for like weeks now? All I get when trying to start launcher is connection refused. Is this because the launcher has changed and won't update online? Can anyone update me on what is happening? Thanks.
"You've started an interstellar war!" "No, I didn't start it. But I'm liable to finish it."

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Has the site gone down for like weeks now? All I get when trying to start launcher is connection refused. Is this because the launcher has changed and won't update online? Can anyone update me on what is happening? Thanks.

AFAIK, the pre-alpha is done and the servers are shut down until the alpha launches. They've been giving semi-regular updates, but they're all "Alpha will begin soon but we can't give an exact timeframe."

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2016, 05:11:10 AM »
I've lost interest in this one.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2016, 04:23:05 PM »
AFAIK, the pre-alpha is done and the servers are shut down until the alpha launches. They've been giving semi-regular updates, but they're all "Alpha will begin soon but we can't give an exact timeframe."

You're not alone, I can't sign in either.  Well, we'll see what happens.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2016, 12:42:52 AM »
Our hosting company was having some issues but the site and forums are back up...

We released a bunch of new screenshots today but the big news was that in the coming weeks, we will be inviting people to a private alpha test before the official launch...

More pics on our forums and watch for more information on testing soon!

http://valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-announcements/257-alpha-testing-and-lots-of-pics