Author Topic: Valiance Online Pre Alpha Test  (Read 4164 times)

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
Valiance Online Pre Alpha Test
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:54:02 AM »
I am finally enjoying this.  I've had problems with their website, had problems (breasts separating from the body, dying too much) with the pre-pre alpha, but I like this very much.  The scenery/set up is reminiscent of COH (like a large spinning globe outside City Hall) without being exact, and the area seems familiar, too.  I'll still be back with CoX ASAP and with Revival, but I can move and fight and feel like a hero now.  The character creator is acceptable, esp for male characters, the female body types are horrible.  That's it!
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Valiance Online Pre Alpha Test
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 09:00:45 AM »
They are going to implement some new body types soon enough, they actually showed a preview of one of them, but the new ones are an improveemt over the ones that are currently in there now.

I heard some people even say Valiance online was funner than champions online, that made me smile, big time.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 02:46:52 PM »
I think it says something when a Pre-Alpha test is more fun to play than a full game that's been
released for several years...

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »
I've been trying to get on to play, but when it starts up I see a big building with glowie-looking steps, and some music plays... and then everything seems to just stop.  I never get any logon or cursor or anything, I just see the image and the music keeps playing on a loop.   :'(

I'm on a Win7 32-bit machine if that helps.   ;D

Risha

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 06:23:02 PM »
Hurple, you should definitely contact the forums.  I know that, for me, it takes a while to load after the character is created and standing in front of city hall.  Then there's a comic book like scene with something on the bottom to read about the world, then you're outside city hall looking at the holo globe.

And, yes, I played Champions for about four days when CoX died and hated it.  Like I said on another thread, the movement has to be exactly like CoX or I can't handle it with an ergonomic keyboard, arrow keys and mouse...

Kederren

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »
Are invites required? If so, where can I get one?

Samurai Cowgirl

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 12:42:44 AM »
Kederren:

Some one can correct me, but the current answer seems to be invites currently are given to donations of 10 or more to the project (via web site .. think i saw this on a recent reddit AMA). If you fish on the website there's some sign up for alpha threads lying around from various random invitations too .. not sure if this will appear again.

I'd get confirmation, cause last I looked it wasn't spelled out 100% on the site
Always be Stylin!

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 12:29:39 AM »
No damn missin waypoints. We need waypoints in the game

Risha

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »
I had not donated, which was probably why I got on so late.  As for waypoints, contact locations, etc.  They were there, I think, Monday and Tuesday and gone after that.  So eventually they will be there.  I've stopped playing because I've pretty much finished all the original arcs available with my controller and any story lines (which really pull me in), are at point 1.  Just going out and nuking baddies bores me.  I think I reached level 8 -- I believe someone actually made in the 40s (I heard), but that would bore me out of my skull.

Chance-VO

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »
Are invites required? If so, where can I get one?

Invites are no longer required. We've opened the Pre-Alpha to the public :D

No damn missin waypoints. We need waypoints in the game

Click on the mission pane and it should produce a waypoint for you ;)

-Paramount
VO Design Director

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 12:21:34 AM »
I'm definitely enjoying this game.  If you enjoyed CoH at launch, you should definitely give this a try.

There is a zone map posted in the forums and that helps make up for the lack of way points.  Also, you need to go into the options and turn on as many of the labels as possible.

Be advised the game is hard until you level up a few times.

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
ITs still an ok game. For a Pre-Alpha I am very impressed with it. Also they do listed to player concerns