Author Topic: Recent news  (Read 3471 times)

Firon

• Underling
Recent news
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:10:49 PM »
I've been hearing rumors of CoH making a return, through a license or something else.

Is this confirmed? A rumor? A work in progress?

It's giving me jitters just CONSIDERING getting back into the game and dragging my friends back, and I wanna know if I should be having them plan their builds, or just waiting and plotting and hoping.

Pls and thx and all that.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
Re: Recent news
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 02:39:05 PM »
Go to the Task Force Hail Mary forum and look at the large threads that are pinned at the top of the messages list. They will answer every question that you have ever had about this topic, CoH in general, donuts, ponies, and almost anything else that you can think of.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 02:23:15 AM »
a quick edit for you as you just pop in. what been posted on facebook and online is true. there a group of people talking with ncsoft to try and get the game back up and running. right now were in a holding pattern waiting for ncsoft and the dev group to sign a deal. depending on the deal and how coh was saved and the editing of code to point at new servers and log on. could be 3-6 months after the deal is signed before people can log back into the game.

Firon

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 04:23:22 AM »
I don't mind waiting at all.  If it comes back, I will be happy. Hell, we won't even run out of missions, thanks to MA!

Thank you for the update, I didn't want to dig through 700 pages.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 07:09:03 AM »
I've been hearing rumors of CoH making a return, through a license or something else.

Is this confirmed? A rumor? A work in progress?

It's giving me jitters just CONSIDERING getting back into the game and dragging my friends back, and I wanna know if I should be having them plan their builds, or just waiting and plotting and hoping.

Pls and thx and all that.

Go to the 1st pages of the threads "And the Mask comes off.." & "New Efforts" which tell the story so far both in Task Force Hail Mary topics  :)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
Yeah, you don't really need to read more than the first post in either topic.  They both veer wildly off-topic for most of their length, so they made sure the first post had the relevant information.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 04:47:01 PM »
And that's the problem, if there is any future ews, it may well be buried under 700 pages if endless chatter
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 06:02:44 PM »
At the very least, we will know something has happened due to the monstrous amounts of OMG or WTF!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
At the very least, we will know something has happened due to the monstrous amounts of OMG or WTF!

Don't forget the FREEM
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 08:01:57 PM »
And that's the problem, if there is any future ews, it may well be buried under 700 pages if endless chatter

No, if there's any future news, then it will be the first post that gets updated, or, if the news is big enough, then an entirely new topic will be created.  They won't stick it in a post two-thirds of the way down page 547.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 11:09:13 PM »
No, if there's any future news, then it will be the first post that gets updated, or, if the news is big enough, then an entirely new topic will be created.  They won't stick it in a post two-thirds of the way down page 547.
That's true...it will be very difficult to miss the news that will no doubt arrive in sonic boom fashion.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 05:31:09 PM »

Incorrect. They will just update the first post, just like they have been doing.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 05:38:58 PM »

Damn you and your common sense logic... makes it hard for people to complain!!!!!

Incorrect. They will just update the first post, just like they have been doing.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »
I will try to be more internety in the future. 

Actually, I see somebody had already posted the same thing, but I missed it.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!