Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79390 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »
Just looked at her imdb. so in addition to gideon, black canary and doc thompkins on gotham she's evidently copycat in the deadpool movie. she must be going for fanboi superstardom.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2015, 01:45:51 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Very good episode tonight.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2015, 02:10:27 AM »
The series has been great so far, with most episodes seeming to be too short (a sign of an engrossing show), but tonight's episode was one of the fastest hours of television I've ever watched. It seemed like less than a half-hour in, when I looked at the clock and saw that there were only eight minutes left.

Waiting a week between episodes is bad enough; I'm not looking forward to the inter-season break.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2015, 03:09:28 AM »
Well the jig is up!

I don't get Well's motives though. He has the newspaper on file to make sure the future isn't changed yet he has already changed the future by killing the real Wells and his wife 15 years too early and made the accident happen many years sooner to create the Flash.

He cant really kill Iris since she is part of the future he is trying to protect.

He cant kill Eddie for obvious reasons.

I hope they explain why he hates Barry so much. Assuming Well's is from the 25th Century like the comics, he must have travelled back to 2014 for some reason and fought the Flash.

Now the Flash that fights him 15 years ago - is that OUR Barry from 2015 or the Barry from 2024? I have a feeling the next time we see that night we will see 3 Flashes - the two from the original and our Barry from 2015 that tries to help.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
I get the impression that time in Flash is a little "timey-wimey" and that as long as events happen reasonably close to when they were supposed to, that the timeline will stay intact.  I'm not sure that Eobard is a descendant of Eddie or just a relation.

There's still the question of why Eobard is travelling back from the 25th century in the first place.  Barry won't live that long and the timeline Eobard lives in will be well established.  My suspicion is that Barry somehow goes to the 25th Century and messes up Eobard's life, so Eobard comes back to take care of Barry.  I'm sure they'll cover Eobard's movites in the future (/rimshot).

However, Barry needs to be around in 2024 to complete his job in the "Crisis" so the future timeline will remain intact.  After that, Eobard should be free to kill Barry? But Barry disappears in a flash of light.  Ohhh...  I wonder if Barry runs so fast in the Crisis that he goes forward in time!  He messes with Eobard then they both go back to Barry's origin where episode 1 happens. 

I still want to know what happens to the Barry that fought Eobard in the Allen family home.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:17 PM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Didn't Thawne say something about them fighting each other for hundreds of years? So it's possible in this version that the speed force prevents or greatly slows aging. Of course that could also just mean they fought at points in hundreds of years via time travel.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »
I'm hoping that they can find a way to keep Tom Cavanaugh on as Dr. Wells himself, once they've dealt with the Reverse Flash. When he's not being evil, I like him, and I'd like him to stay on the team.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »
I'm hoping that they can find a way to keep Tom Cavanaugh on as Dr. Wells himself, once they've dealt with the Reverse Flash. When he's not being evil, I like him, and I'd like him to stay on the team.

One of two things could happen - Barry changes the timeline and stops Thawne killing him or he also absorbed Well's memories and personality and somehow Thawne gets suppressed and Well's takes over the body and mind.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2015, 06:26:45 AM »
One of two things could happen - Barry changes the timeline and stops Thawne killing him or he also absorbed Well's memories and personality and somehow Thawne gets suppressed and Well's takes over the body and mind.

One trouble with the first possibility is that the real Wells would then have to get the particle accelerator up and exploding on Thawne's timetable in order to preserve this alternate timeline, with our younger Flash, that Thawne ended up creating.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #290 on: May 04, 2015, 01:00:35 PM »
One trouble with the first possibility is that the real Wells would then have to get the particle accelerator up and exploding on Thawne's timetable in order to preserve this alternate timeline, with our younger Flash, that Thawne ended up creating.

Well (sorry), if they do what I think they will do - a Flashpoint-like story, then Barry would remember the 'real' timeline and convince Wells to build it sooner and make it explode on purpose, much like in the comic where Barry had Batman help him recreate his powers.

My gut tells me all this time travel stuff is leasing up to just that.
I could be wrong of course but would make a great season cliffhanger.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2015, 08:43:02 PM »
Okay, have we all remembered to have bananas on hand for tonight's Grodd episode? :)  I finally found a ripe-enough one after going to two stores. I hate it when I want a banana now, and they're all as green as Ireland in spring.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #292 on: May 05, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »
Okay, have we all remembered to have bananas on hand for tonight's Grodd episode? :)  I finally found a ripe-enough one after going to two stores. I hate it when I want a banana now, and they're all as green as Ireland in spring.

Reading this all I could think of was "Escape From the Planet of the Apes" when they try to get Zira an Cornelius to get the banana hanging over them, and then alter when they alone talk about insulting that was.

I am still hoping they finally explain why Thawne hates Barry so much in the future.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »
Reading this all I could think of was "Escape From the Planet of the Apes" when they try to get Zira an Cornelius to get the banana hanging over them, and then alter when they alone talk about insulting that was.

Are you saying that I'm species-ist? ;)
Actually, I was remembering the first Grodd appearance on Justice League, when he said that he hates bananas.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2015, 01:41:42 AM »
Are you saying that I'm species-ist? ;)
Actually, I was remembering the first Grodd appearance on Justice League, when he said that he hates bananas.

I was SO hoping someone would say "Kneel before Grodd!"

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2015, 02:27:34 AM »
Iris is a sanctimonious, hippocritical twit.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2015, 03:09:32 AM »
Iris is a sanctimonious, hippocritical twit.
I've been saying that for several episodes now.  Alas - she keeps surviving.  Isn't this city teeming with superpowered villains?  Sigh...where's Captain Mako when you need him...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2015, 03:11:19 AM »
I've been saying that for several episodes now.  Alas - she keeps surviving.  Isn't this city teeming with superpowered villains?  Sigh...where's Captain Mako when you need him...

Still she's better then the Iris West in the 1990 show. I think she lasted maybe 2 episodes before being written out.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2015, 03:59:07 PM »
He still does... ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »
I'm wondering if the banana thing was intended as a police profiling joke or if i just took it that way.

Really disappointed with Grodd. No reason whatsoever to have him be monosyllabic. Brandy snifter or GTFO.

And are we supposed to believe that the cutting edge scientific facility with all the expensive high tech equipment, the illegally detained metahumans and the super hero who just can't stand to keep his mask on has no security whatsoever? They can't even lock a door?