Author Topic: Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #3 - Red Side  (Read 26205 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #3 - Red Side
« on: September 27, 2014, 05:22:06 AM »
Note: Please read "Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #2 - SFD returns" before reading this.

"Because you're one of them at your core!" Ms. Liberty explained at the top of her voice. "You can show them the hero way!"
"I'm a HERO!" Kolissa countered also at the top of her voice.  "An incarnate hero!  I want no part of the Rogue Isles."
"A hero huh?" Ms. Liberty accused.  "Why then do you still wear the Red and the Black?  Why is your battery 'Taste the power of Arachnos'?  Why?  Why?  Why?  Why?!"
Kolissa was stumped.  She is an Arachnos Night Widow turned hero, but she always thought that by battling other villain groups she was helping Arachnos.  She couldn't very well tell Statesman's granddaughter that she was a double agent, but she left the Rogue Isles for a reason.  Paragon City smelt better.
"I'll need an alignment change and your word that this isn't permanent." Kolissa caved.
"Of course, my dear." Ms. Liberty reassured.  "Ever since level 20 or so, you've been a great asset to the cause of good.". Ms. Liberty knew that Kolissa seems still loyal to Arachnos, but Kolissa has done some great hero work too.  You never can tell with spiders, they are a tricky bunch.
"So who's the mark?" Kolissa asked eagerly.
"What?" Ms. Liberty asked stunned.
"The guy." Kolissa replied.  "The villain who needs my help."
"Oh, yes." Ms. Liberty said handing Kolissa a file folder marked Longbow Eyes Only.
Kolissa taking the file, opened it.  "Vince Dastardly.  Never heard of him.". Kolissa said.
"You know your mission?" Ms. Liberty asked concerned.  "We're counting on you.  You know there are those who still don't trust you, and they are against your returning to R.I.  If they had their way, you would be in the Zig. just on general principle."
"Ms. Liberty, I shalt disappointed you." Kolissa said sounding villainous.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:18:22 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Where Have All The Heroes Gone: Red Side
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 06:35:53 AM »
It was a day for surprises.  Arbiter Richard stood his post.  His sense of duty.  Although he hasn't seen as many new young recruits as he once did, he did his duty.  He stood his post, waiting, watching for those in need of training.  When here comes a level 50+ Incarnate Arachnos Night Widow.  Oh look, it's Kolissa.  "What brings you here?  Last I heard you went rogue.  In it only for yourself."
"Things change," Kolissa remarked, "Try to keep up."
"So the great Kolissa has returned." The Arbiter demanded.  "State your business or be gone."
"Temper, temper." Kolissa tempted.  "Don't make me angry.  I am not some level 5 you can boss around.  Tell me.  I've heard of an upcoming star.  I want to snuff it out before it gets too powerful.  Where is Vince Dastardly?"
"Never heard of him." Arbiter Richard lied.  He wasn't about to let some showy incarnate push him around, even if it was the enchanting Kolissa.  He stood there wondering what beauty was behind that hood and mask.  What he could see of her shape enticed him.
"Liar!" Kolissa shouted.  She was in this deep, might as well keep going.
"Vince Dastardly?" Arbiter Richard rubbed his chin as if to try to remember.  The truth was that all the villains on Mercy Island had to come to him for their training and there were about 8 of them.  "He's down by the shore killing snakes.  Now, Kolissa, could you let me see your face?"
"Thanks for the info." Kolissa responded.  "You know the rules.  If you see my face, you must marry me.  I'm not ready  to settle down just yet."
"That's a stupid rule." Arbiter Richard complained.
"Tell Lord Recluse that." Kolissa said as she walked away.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:04:13 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 03:00:17 AM »
"Super Fire Dragon?!" Kolissa asked in surprise.  "What are you doing here?"
"Hey, Kolissa." Super Fire Dragon started.  "I came to ... 'Beautiful' Mercy Island to warn you.  Firstly, that Ms. Liberty wants me to make sure you do your job and nothing more.  And B, there have been rumors about a villain group planning to take over the Isles from Arachnos."
"Never!" Kolissa shouted.
"Keep your voice down." SFD instructed.
"Sorry." Kolissa halfheartedly apologized.
"Anyway, Lord Recluse is said to be on his death bed.  And Arachnos is in disarray.  A power vacuum is the last thing we need right now.  Until that Iron Wolf guy can get the heroes back, Paragon City could be in danger." SFD continued.
"Wow," Kolissa was amazed.  If there were a power struggle for control of the Rogue Isles that could lead to a widespread power grab that would make the Rikti invasion look like an European Soccer Match.
"So, unofficially you will need to find out all you can about any impending coup within Arachnos." SFD explained.  "And as always, if you get caught, we never heard of you."
"Great." Kolissa said.  "Any words of advice?"
"Yeah, as it turns out, cheese is not a number."
"Fool Dragon." Kolissa thought to herself.  She continued walking towards the shore as SFD flew away.

"Hey, you," a voice said, "hey lady."
"I ain't no lady," Kolissa countered, "What do you want, worm?"
"Do you want to buy a newspaper?" The young man asked holding out a paper. "
"Fine." Kolissa threatened.  She bought a newspaper and didn't beat the stuffing out of the paperboy.
She started reading the paper.  It was coming back to her, the way villains 'decode' the paper.  For instance, a lovely diamond necklace was being transported through Grandville just asking for someone to help move it along.  Move it along into her hands.
Kolissa gave an evil laugh and turned towards the ferry.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:17:27 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:09:35 AM »
"What a perfect setup." Kolissa thought to herself.  Three guards behind the truck, a driver and two guards on the inside of the truck.  They want me to rob it.  She sprang into action.  She used mass confusion on the outside guards.  Next she popped open the truck and sprayed the area with poison darts from her wrist guns.  She grabbed the jewelry case with the diamond inside.  Before leaving, she gave the driver a few more poison darts.  She ran past the guards who were starting to recover from the confusion.  She ran into the nearby woods.  When mass confusion recharged, she gave away her position.  The guards fired their service revolvers, but Kolissa ducked behind a tree.  They rushed her hiding spot and she let loose mass confusion and got away.
She went back to Mercy Island and returned to her hotel room.  There she pried open the jewelry case.  It was beautiful.  The largest rock she had ever seen.  "Thank you, Mr. Newspaper for tipping me off." She said to, well, the newspaper.

Meanwhile

"Take that!" He shouted as he plunged his Katana into a Mamba Fang as he become visible.  Two Viper Blades approached.  He sliced the first one in two.  He dodged the attack of the second and with a mighty thrust, sent that to join his pals.  He liked chopping up snakes.  They are a menance, and he can't get hurt by them.  That wasn't always the case, about nine levels ago they could send him to the hospital.  Today, he was king of the snakes.  He, Vince Dastardly, third nephew on his cousin's side to Dirk Dastardly, was the snake king of Mercy Island.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 03:52:49 AM »
"Who are you, and what do you want?" Vince asked.
"My name is Kolissa, a level 50 Arachnos Night Widow." Kolissa began.  "And I need some one of your talents to help me in my next cunning plan."
"I see." Vince replied.  "When your name is Dastardly certain things are expected of you.  So, what kinds of snakes will we be fighting?"
"Snakes!" Kolissa acting shocked. "We won't be playing with snakes."
"Then what?" Vince questioned.  "I avoid the infected."
"Good idea." Kolissa reassured.  "We will be going after the family."
"Those machine gun thugs!" Vince was worried.
"Yes," Kolissa cooed, "But you will be with me."
"I don't know." Vince hesitated. "Snake killing has been awfully good to me.  Why should I go?"
"Do you like lleveling; getting new powers?" Kolissa asked.
"Yes" Vince answered.
"When was the last time you leveled?" Kolissa quizzed.
"Three weeks ago ..." Vince said excitedly.
"Come let me show you." Kolissa interrupted.

Kolissa led young Vince to Port Oakes.
The first stop was Arbiter Unger. 
"Is that you, Kolissa?" The Arbiter began.  "Looking mighty fine you 8 foot thing."
Yes, Kolissa is 8 foot tall, wearing heels.  Barefoot she's not even 7 9.
Kolissa is fairly slender too, but she is a joy to see walk away sometimes.  For note reasons than one.
"Unger, what a pleasure." Kolissa responded.
"How long has it been?" Unger asked not really wanting an answer.
"Too long." Kolissa countered.
"Hey did you hear about the jewel Heist." Unger started.  "Some Widow stole the big stone diamond necklace?"
"The big stone diamond necklace." Kolissa played along.  "That must've been some beautiful villainy."
"OK, cut it out." Unger continued. "We both know that it was you."
"Ummm." Kolissa wasn't sure if Unger would turn her in for the reward.  Arbiter's don't make all that much, and they have to buy their own uniform.
"Relax, no way would I rat out a friend." Unger explained. "Especially when that friend is going to cut me in."
"Unger," Kolissa stated.  "I never liked you."
"5% or the Rippers come." Unger bargained.
"Fine, but keep under your hat or helmet or whatever that is." Kolissa agreed.
"Done and done." Arbiter Unger said pleased with himself.
"By the way," Kolissa changed the subject.  "This is Vince Dastardly of the Rhoda Island Dastardlys.  See if he can level."
"I once knew a Dirk Dastardly." Unger said.
"Really?" Vince asked.
"Hated his guts." Unger said yanking the young villain.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:24:09 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 07:05:37 AM »
"It's a radio, so?" Vince asked naively.
This villain has a lot to learn, but Kolissa has a more important mission.
"Look," Kolissa said impatiently.  "Listen to the fool radio and do as it says. Meet you back at Arbiter Unger in an hour.  Have fun."
Kolissa pulled out her rocket board, threw it down, it floated above the ground, and she jumped on it and took off.
"Have fun," Vince mocked Kolissa. "Have fun.  Listening to a stupid radio.  I wish I wereback in Mercy IIsland killing snakes.  Now, that's fun."
Just then the radio said, "This one goes out to Vince Dastardly.  Take me as I am."
"Hey, wait a minute." Vince puzzled.  "That's me.  I know what that means.  I don't know how I know, but I know.  There's a pawn shop that needs my help."
Vince went to the pawn shop and saw snakes trying to rob the place.  He took out his Katana and started fighting the snakes.  They were tougher than the ones on Mercy Island, but he managed well.  As a reward he helped himself to a new watch. 
"Hey, what time you got?"  Vince demanded.
The shop owner answered in a frightened and shocked voice.
"Crap," Vince said sounding like Hell boy.  "I'm late!"

Meanwhile

"Go away Charlotte," said the Button Man Gunner. "And play with your web."
"Very funny." Kolissa said not amused.  "Look we can help each other.  I needto kknow who's doing what within the family, and I need to add to my jewelry collection."
"Sounds reasonable." The gunner started. "But what do I get out of it?"
"For starters." Kolissa explained. "I don't kill you."
"Deal." He said.
"OK, I'll send you half the loot." Kolissa was on a roll. "Tell me who does strategic planning in your organization."
"Great." He thought that half the loot sounded swell. "There's this Consigliere, he might know more thans  me."
"I need the boss." Kolissa demanded. "Not some flunky underboss!"
"OK, OK, here's the information I have on a secret plan.  They don't tell nobody about this.  But I hear things.  I see things.  You follow?"
"I get the picture." Kolissa said looking at the papers he handled her. "If this don't lead nowhere, they won't even find your corpse."
Kolissa was really getting into this villain mindset.  She walked away and headed towards Unger.
"What are you doing?" Super Fire Dragon asked as he landed beside her.  "Nobody knows that it was you, but I know.  I know you stole that necklace."
"Super Fire Dragon." Kolissa started. "Always a pleasure.  What necklace are you talking about?  I haven't seen any necklace."
SFD encircled Kolissa in a ring of fire.  "I know you have to establish credibility, but don'tjjeopardize by mission with stupidity."
"OK, OK." Kolissa answered. "I forgot that dragons can tell when we're lying.  Look, I took a chance.  I figure it helps my cover and my wardrobe.  Diamonds are a spiders best friend.  So far it seems to be working.  Now, please let me do this my way."
"Kolissa," SFD said. "You have my respect, bit the Isles do something to supers.  You must be careful.  This mission is too important.  You know a power struggle here could act as a powder keg in Paragon City.  We could end up with Sky Raiders battling the lost if Arachnos falls."
"About that," Kolissa stated. "I need your help.  I have some evidence that suggests that the Fifth Column might be trying to take over Arachnos strongholds in Paragon City."
"Of course." SFD said.  "And that would free up Crey  to tackle the Carnival of Shadows."
"Oh my." Kolissa pondered. "That could lead to the Freakshow to oust the Hellions, the Skulls, and the Warriors."
"Which would put the Tsoo in control of the entire West end." Kolissa reasoned.
"Exactly, leaving the Clockwork at odds with the Outcasts." SFD explained. "This has Nemisis Plot written all over it."
"This is worst than I thought." Kolissa affirmed. "I will be more cautious."
"OK, I'll check in again in a few days." SFD said.  And he flew away.
Kolissa had no idea that this power coup involved so much.  Time to meet Vince

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 03:15:02 AM »
"Unger, has Vince been vy I mean by." Kolissa asked approaching the arbiter.
"Never heard of him." Arbiter Unger teased.
"Unger!" Kolissa said aiming her wrist dart gun at him.
"Can't you take a joke?" Unger asked
"Not in the mood for dumb jokes from out-of-work trainers." Kolissa intimated.
"Fine," Unger replied.  "Haven't seen ... There he is now."
"Sorry I'm late I had to ..." Vince started.
"What do you think this is?". Kolissa stormed.  "I'm training you out of the goodness of my heart."
Arbiter Unger snickered.
"It won't ..." Vince tried to apologize.
"I got better stuff to do than standing around scratching my butt waiting for you." Kolissa interrupted.
"Now Kolissa, you are laying it on a bit thick don't you think?" Unger said feeling sorry for the young stalker.  It reminded him of one of his ex-wives.
"I deserve it." Vince said.  "I lost track of time during my mission."
"You were on a mission?" Kolissa asked.
"Yes, and I'm here to level up." Vince bragged.
"That's great news." Kolissa said.  "You continue running missions and leveling.  When you burn through the contacts here, let me know.  I'll be around checking on things."
"Kolissa, what will you be doing?" Unger inquired.
"Me?" Kolissa stammered. "I I will be ummm."
"Looking for a buyer for the necklace." Unger said answering his own question.
"That's right." Kolissa said.  "I want top dollar.  And I heard that there are some undercover Rippers around.  You seen any." Kolissa bluffed.  She was back in the game playing both ends against the middle.  Vince could learn a lot from her.
"Not that I noticed," Unger responded.  "But that would be the point.  Mikey the Ear might know.  Drea the Hook might know a good fence."
"I wish you hadn't stolen that necklace, Kolissa." Vince began. "Than you could have more time to team with me."
Vince Dastardly has a lot to learn indeed.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:22:45 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 01:19:21 AM »
She needed a lever, a foot in the door, an introduction, but where could she get something like that?  She had to attempt to contact those contacts Arbiter Unger mentioned, that fool thinks he's getting 5%.  Ha!  He ain't gonna get nothing.  Unfortunately, she still needed him for the cover to work that she is helping that oaf Vince Dastardly.  Maybe Ghost Widow might know something, but one wrong word, one faux pas and she would be headed back to Paragon City ... in a box.  Think Kolissa, think.

Meanwhile

Vince was getting the hang of this super stuff.  You get a mission.  You perform the mission.  You get points.  You level up.  It all seemed so simple.  There must be something more.  Like what would it be like to help people instead of rob them?   To have people glad to see you come, not glad to see you go.  What would Kolissa think?  What would his family think?  When your family name is Dastardly, certain things are expected of you.  Oh well, swallow those thoughts and advance to the next level.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
"I think you're ready." Kolissa said wanting to get on with it.  "You're ready for Sharkhead Isle."
"Sounds dangerous.  Are you sure am ready?" Vince asked intimidated.
"Sure." Kolissa said over confident.  "What could go wrong, we're supers."
So off they went to Sharkhead Isle.
"Kolissa, may I ask a question." Vince said meekly.
"Yes, of course." Kolissa replied. "What's your question?"
"Are you freaking nuts?" Vince said like a villain.  "This place is a pit!"
"Oh, it's not so bad." Kolissa commented.
"It's horrible." He said. "And everything is at least 5levels higher than me."
"OK oK, we'll go to Cap Au Doable." Kolissa conceded.

Meanwhile

"This can't be happening!"  Ms. Liberty challenged.
"It's happening."  SFD insisted.  "Nemisis is in open war against Arachnos in every zone the two inhabit.  And Nemisis is winning."
"I could send in the Longbow, but that would look stupid after the years of battle they have fought against the Arachnos." Ms. Liberty thought out loud.
"If we could get Crey to help Arachnos." SFD pondered.  "But then the Freakshow would weigh in.  So if the Tsoo could keep them occupied."
"You're forgetting about the Circle of Thorns." Ms. Liberty interjected.  "They could end up controlling all magic.  That would be bad."
"Right." SFD agreed.  "If only the Council were stronger, we could use them to share up Arachnos."
"The Council and The Fifth Column together with Arachnos could defeat Nemisis." Ms. Liberty mused.
"With all due respect." SFD started. "Are you freaking nuts?  That juggernaut could wipe out what is left of the Hero Corp."
"Mind your tone, Dragon!" Ms. Liberty reminded Super Fire Dragon to whom he was speaking. "Yes, it's risky, but what choice do we have.  If Nemisis ousts Arachnos, who knows what they will tackle next."
"Let me put a team together." SFD started.
"No, that would give us away, and" Ms. Liberty interrupted.
"It's the only way that makes sense." SFD stormed.
"No!" Ms. Liberty demanded.  "Look, Dragon.  If our efforts are exposed then all manner of hell will rain down on us.  It will be a route.  Until the heroes return, we are stuck holding on to how it was.  We aren't strong enough to allow things to change.  I understand that folks are hiding their money in their underwear or whatever they can do.  I understand that people have to be on their guard at all times.  We go in and clean up a neighborhood from time to time, but we don't expose our entire operation to maintain an uneasy balance of power among the villain gangs."
"You feel this deeply," SFD asked. "Don't you?"
"It's personal to me." Ms. Liberty said.
"OK, we will do it your way." SFD responded. "God help us if you're wrong."
"Amen, brother." Ms. Liberty added.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 03:15:33 AM »
"Attention, attention.  Your attention, please.". The public address system sounded on Cap Au Diable.  "A message from Lord Recluse."
"Wow," Vince exclaimed.  "I've heard of him."
"Shush, I want to hear this." Kolissa scolded.
" ... and greetings my loyal subjects.  We shall be victorious!  The Nemisis dogs will beg for mercy!  We are the future of Paragon City!!  We will let nothing stand in our way!  We will stop at nothing to rid the Isles, Paragon City and all of Rhode island of the menance that is Nemisis!  Now go!  Fight!  Win!  Crush those who dare to oppose us!" Lord Recluse said over the public address system.
"What you just heard was a speach given by Lord Recluse to the people of the Rogue Isles.  His main point was that Arachnos shall defeat Nemisis ...". The post speach reporter said over the public address system.
"This is most welcome news." Kolissa said talking over the reporter to Vince.
"Does this mean that we'll be going to Paragon City to kick Nemisis butt?" Vince asked eagerly for a fight.
"No, silly." Kolissa said.  "It means that you're going to be nobility."

Meanwhile

"Hey, boss." Said one of Frostfire's henchmen.  "Are we fight Arachnos or Nemisis?"
"Stupid, if they ain't Outcasts, kill them." Frostfire said.

Meanwhile

"Go kill skuls!". Said a Hellion.
"No you idiot." Said another Hellion.  "They're on our side."
"What about the Warriors?" Asked the first Hellion.
"Them you can kill." The other Hellion answered.

Meanwhile

"You guys look stupid standing together." Said the Freakshow. "The Circle of Thorns wearing that robe and that Tsoo guy only wearing pants."
"Look who's talking." Said the Tsoo.  The Circle of Thorns just stood there, his eyes glowing green.

Meanwhile

"Look at these silly robots." A Fake Nemisis said.  "Our robots are much better."
"Those little guys look cute, and besides the Clockwork have electrical powers." Said a Crey Field Agent. "Very cool."
"The woman's point of view." A Fake Nemisis replied.

Meanwhile

"I'm not one to say, 'I told you so' so I won't." Super Fire Dragon said.
"How did this get so out of hand?" Ms. Liberty questioned. "We got Outcasts, Hellions, Skulls, Tsoo, Warriors, Clockwork, Crey and the Freakshow involved in this war between Nemisis and Arachnos."
"Oh, it gets better." SFD said sarcastically.  "Lord Recluse has mobilized his forces.  They are pouring into Faultline."
"Grandpa always said that it would be Faultline." Ms. Liberty said.  "Super Fire Dragon, I admit it.  I'm in over my head."
Ms. Liberty began to sob.
"Ms. Liberty, it's not your fault." SFD comforted.  "This war was a long time in the making.  If only the heroes would come back."
"Thank you, Dragon." Ms. Liberty said composing herself.  "You are a good friend."
"So it's cheese time?" SFD asked.
"Yes, it's cheese time." Ms. Liberty replied with a laugh.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 03:44:23 AM »
"I need it today." Kolissa insisted.
"But it is impossible." The Forger exclaimed.
"Look, I'm asking you nice." Kolisse stormed.
"This much detail and authentication." The Forger continued.  "Will take two weeks."
"Fine." Kolissa agreed.  "You have two days."
"Two days, that's insane." The Forger replied.
Kolissa started out the door, "I'll be back tomorrow to pick it up.  Come Vince."
They left the shop while the forger was still yelling about the short deadline.
"What's next Aunt Kolissa?" Vince asked.
"Don't ever call me that again, or I'll rearrange your face." Kolissa threatened.
"I was just joking around." Vince said defensively.
"OK, OK, next, you gotta look the part." Kolissa stated.
"And what part is that?" Vince quizzed.
"A rich, young, spoiled, European nobility." Kolissa answered.
"But I don't know how to be what you say." Vince augured.
"It's easy, look aloof and act bored, but don't say anything." Kolissa instructed.
"But why would a noble hang out with an Arachnid Night Widow?" Vince inquired.
"Well, I'll ha e to look the part too." Kolissa agreed.
After clothes shopping and hair styling and fragrance selection.  They went back to theirhotel rooms to practice. Kolissa had had the big stone diamond necklace turned into a diadem for Vince.  He hated it.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 01:43:01 AM »
"Oh no, another zone is under the complete control of a villain group." Ms. Liberty declared.
"The Rularuu in Kings Row!" Super Fire Dragon marveled.
"That makes a total of six zones occupied by villain groups." Ms. Liberty stated.
"Rularuu in Kings, Carnival of Shadows in Independence Port, The Lost in Bricks, The Skulls in Founder's, The Malta Group in Skyway and The Too in Croatoa." SFD listed.
"Let's take a look at the map." Ms. Liberty suggested as she walked over to the map board. "This is incredible."
"What?" SFD asked.
"There's a pattern here." Ms. Liberty exclaimed.
"I don't see a pattern." SFD said holding one hand over one eye and tilting his head.
"Oh, you wouldn't see it since you're not human."
"Hey!" SFD said feeling insulted.  "Dragons are people too."
"I meant no offense, Dragon." Ms. Liberty said. "But Nemisis's front line resembles the number three."
"Does that come before or after cheese?" SFD wondered.
"Focus." Ms. Liberty ordered. "Dragon, this means that Crey could take over Atlas Park."
"OK, bring the Circle of Thorns to defend Peregrine Island.  And transfer the Fifth Column to hold AP.  Let Boomtown fall to Nemisis.
"Dragon, that's brilliant!" Ms. Liberty said kissing Super Fire Dragon's head.

Meanwhile

"OK, this is the big time." Kolissa stated. "Stay focused, keep calm, remember what I told you, and one more thing.  If we screw this up, we're dead.  And not return from the hospital and save the day at the last minute dead.  That only happens in cheap novels.  No, this will be the, 'wow there really is an afterlife and penguins run everything' type of dead."
"Kolissa?" Vince asked. "Can I have some of whatever you've been smoking?"
"Oh, I had a strange dream last night." Kolissa replied. "My point is one screw up and it's game over."
"OK, no more talk about giant penguin overlords." Vince added.
"Right, follow me, but not as I'm leading you ..." Kolissa instructed.
"I got this, lead on." Vince interrupted.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:59:00 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 04:08:09 AM »
Kolissa was no longer dressed as an Arachnos Night Widow.  She was dressed like a business woman.  Vince Dastardly was dressed as European Nobility or at least what the idea of Nobility might look like to those in the Rogue Isles.
They were able to get an audience with Lord Nemisis.
"This is Vince Dastar-day of the Bourbon and Winsor lines." Kolissa began. "He has come to offer his support to your cause.  He has roughly two million troops and $275 billion to help in the war effort."
"Does he now?" Lord Nemisis said being hard to read.
"He requires some small conditions to be met." Kolissa not sure how to read LN, continued.
"No offense," Lord Nemisis stated, "but who the [grapefruit] do you take me for?"
"Lord Nemisis," Kolissa said now knowing how to read LN.  "This is his highness, Prince Vincent Marco Richard James Dastar-day, third nephew on his cousin's side to Dirk Edward James Richard Dastar-day.  Heir apparent to the throne of the European Union of Baltic States and Regent of the entire southern coast."
"Oh, third nephew ... On His Cousin's Side." Lord Nemisis being a perussian prince knew how obscure nobility and their titles can get.
"I know it sounds fantastic." Kolissa was in her element.  "Some of these nobles only marry other nobles, if you get what I'm saying."
"Enough!" Vince roared. "Either he tells me the plans, the end outcome or we talk at that Recluse King."
"Recluse King!!" Lord Nemisis had heard all he cared to. "I was told by Dr. Aeon, that Recluse is all but finished."
"Forgive his impatience." Kolissa explained. "He is under tremendous stress."
"Alright," Lord Nemisis complied. "What does he want?"
"I need to know your plans." Vince started. "Are you going to capture all of Paragon City?"
"Who would stop us?" Lord Nemisis answered.
"Excellent!" Vince shouted with glee.
"Your highness." Kolissa curtsied.  "Remember the options."
"Yes, yes," Vince replied.  "Minor agreements and protocols."
"See Sgt. Billings on your way out." Lord Nemisis said mentally counting the plunder from Atlas Park.
"Very good." Vince said clicking his heels together.  "Good Day, Sir."
"Good day." Lord Nemisis said pleased with his good fortune.
They left the office and found Sgt. Billings office.
"Has Lord Nemisis informed you?" Kolissa asked.
"Yes, yes, oh yes." Sgt. Billings said. "How much do you need?"
"Ten million dollars should be enough." Kolissa said with a straight face.
"That's all our reserves." Sgt. Billings stalled.
"Of course." Kolissa added. "But it will be for only a couple days until the banks connect."
"Lord Nemisis was so cooperative." Vince asked. "What's the holdup?"
"Minor snag your highness." Kolissa said.
"Unsnag it and let's get this going." Vince demanded.
Sgt. Billings handed over $10,000,000.00 crippling Nemisis ability to continue the war with out the promised assistance of his highness Vince Dastar-day third nephew on his cousin's side to Dirk Dastar-day.
The two left and made it back to their hotel.
"Vince!" Kolissa said. "You are a genius!"
"Thanks, that means a lot coming from you." Vince said.
"OK, a couple things." Kolissa admitted.  "Hardly worth mentioning."
"What?" Vince asked. "Wasn't this a great heist?  Isn't this the beginning of a beautiful career in villainy?"
"Well, yes and no." Kolissa began. "First, you better sit down."
"What is it?" Vince asked as he sit on the edge of the bed.
"You're a dead man if you stay here.  Lord Nemisis will find you." Kolissa explained.
"Not the penguins again." Vince stated.
"That was a scary dream." Kolissa added.  "Anyway, I can tell you now.  I'm working with Ms. Liberty to recruit new heroes from super villains."
Vince's jaw dropped.
"You don't have a choice, but to become a hero." Kolissa stated.
"A hero or a corpse." Vince analyzed the situation.  "There is another option.  I turn you over as a double agent and return the money and collect a reward, maybe."
"And there is a cheese option." Super Fire Dragon started.
"Super Fire Dragon!" Vince interrupted.
"You become a superhero or else." SFD explained.
"Super Fire Dragon." Kolissa began. "Always a pleasure.  But why were you hiding in my closet?"
"Ms. Liberty thought you might want to keep that money for yourself." SFD informed.
"Would I ever do anything dishonest?" Kolissa asked with puppy dog eyes.
They all laughed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:08:57 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 04:07:16 AM »
"What do you mean they never heard of him." Lord Nemisis demanded.
"I have already put out his description and informed your sentries to capture him, sir." Sgt. Billings said.  "But without that money the alliances have failed.'
"How bad is it." Lord Nemisis was somber.
"We still have Perez Park..." Sgt. Billings started.
"Really!" Lord Nemisis interrupted.
"Sir, I was going to say that we still have Perez Park Dock area." Sgt. Billings continued.
"This is all Dr. Aeon's fault." Lord Nemisis reasoned.  "He put me up to this take over attempt."

Meanwhile

"You see it was all a huge plan to make Nemisis look foolish, my lord." Dr. Aeon told Lord Recluse.
"Nemisis does look stupid," Lord Recluse said.  "And Arachnos looks unbeatable! "
"My plan from the beginning, Lord Recluse." Dr. Aeon replied.
"I'll believe you this time," Lord Recluse stated. "But next time I take a nap, I'm locking the door.  Somebody spread a rumor that I was on my death bed."
"A disloyal crank, my lord." Dr. Aeon responded.
"Be gone, and send in my war planning team." Lord Recluse ordered.
Dr. Aeon left with his tail between his legs.  He had been behind the coup attempt that got out of control and led to all out war inthe Rogue Isles and Paragon City.  The soundsof death screams ccould be heard coming from the great room where Lord Recluse was 'talking' to his generals.  Since they nearly lost the war, they were probably being rewarded, as in sent to the great reward.

Meanwhile

"Now, Kolissa, you know that you can't keep it." Ms. Liberty said.  "And we can have it planted on the Rogue Isles today."
"I know," Kolissa said.  "But I'm having trouble letting go.  I know that it will help protect me and Vince.  And I am a hero again, but diamonds are a spider's best friend."
Ms. Liberty consoled Kolissa and got the big stone diamond necklace diadem.  It was planted on Mercy Island near the snake hideout together with other personal belongings to make it look like Vince Dastar-day and companion were eaten by the snakes.  Vince Dastardly was settling into being a hero.  He kind of liked it, after all Paragon City smells better than the Isles.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 03:18:41 AM »
"Gee boss, what do we do now?" One of FrostFire's hencemen asked.
"Go back to the hallows and kill trolls, duh." FrostFire said.

Meanwhile

"Go Kill Skulls!" One hellion said.
"Right on" said another hellion.

Meanwhile

"This is stupid." A Freakshow said.  "Why are we just standing around."
The Tsoo agreed.
The circle of thorns just stood there with his eyes glowing green.

Meanwhile

"I better get back to the robots and automatrons." A Fake Nemisis said.
"Is that the time?" A Corey Field Agent said.  "I had better be going."
The clockwork whirled away.

Meanwhile

"This can't be happening." Ms. Liberty said with delight.  "All the villain groups are returning to their normal zones."
"I'm not one to say I told you so." Super Fire Dragon said.
"Oh, eat some cheese and be quiet." Ms. Liberty instructed.
Just then Kolissa walked in.
"Hi Kolissa." Ms. Liberty said to Kolissa.  "I have read your report.  You are quite the fiction writer."
"If some of the facts aren't right," Kolissa began, "Change them."
"You sure did.". According to your report Lord Recluse gave you the big stone diamond necklace to be used to bring order and peace to Paragon City."
"Wow!" SFD said. "I didn't know that he gave it to you.  Why didn't you tell me?"
"Dragon," Ms. Liberty glared at SFD. "He didn't.  Kolissa made it up.  We can't file this report, Kolissa.  You didn't intend to use that necklace like it turned out from the beginning.  You wanted to keep it."
"Not according to the report, I didn't." Kolissa said.
"So, Lord Recluse comes off the hero.  And you look like a genius mastermind." Ms. Liberty said. "Fine, but we'll seal this report and let future generations erect statues in your honor."
"But how we I profit, I mean ..." Kolissa stammered.
"You won't; it's sealed." Ms. Liberty smirked.
'Fine!" Kolissa said. "At least reinstate me as a hero."
"OK, but one small thing." Ms. Liberty said.  "The Rogue Isles do something to supers.  So until further notice and proof that you are heroic, you will be teamed with Super Fire Dragon."
"Now hold on one levee minute." SFD stormed.
"Now Dragon, you know I can count on you." Ms. Liberty said.
"No, not the dragon." Kolissa pleaded.
"Listen you two." Ms. Liberty stated. "Find a way to work together or else."
SFD had been looking forward to a much deserved vacation.  And Kolissa has been a level 50+ for a while.  "Why doesn't Ms. Liberty trust me?" Kolissa wondered to herself.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 01:04:20 AM »
They made an odd couple.  Kolissa, at 8 foot tall, in heels wearing her Arachnos red and black widow costume.  Her slender physique and vertical stripes on her costume made her look even taller.  This is especially true while she stands next to Super Fire Dragon a 4 foot nothing barefoot golden dragon wearing his blue toga.
"OK, the green ones are for health ..." SFD began training Kolissa.
"I can break you in two, dragon!" Kolissa interrupted angrily.
"Ms. Liberty said to train you." SFD countered.
"No she didn't!" Kolissa demanded.  "She wants you to make sure that I'm not a villain.  I'm not."
"Potato, tomato." SFD explained.
"This is ridiculous." Kolissa argued.  "I'm a level 50+ incarnate just like you."
"Yes, but can you fly?" SFD said flapping his wings and lifting off the concrete area under the Atlas Statue.
Kolissa threw down her rocketboard, it hovered, she hopped on it a flew by SFD.  "I sure can." She said as she flew past.
"Get back here." SFD shouted. "I need to teach you about reds, yellows, and blue inspirations."
Kolissa didn't stop.  She was headed for the supergroup teleporter.
Super Fire Dragon turned to see Kolissa enter the SG base.  He knew that from there she could teleport anywhere in Paragon City.  SFD stopped flying and engaged long range teleport.  "There is only one place a level 50+ feels at home.". He thought to himself.

Kolissa turned on the police scanner.  "Oooooo a jewelry store robbery.". Kolissa thought to herself.  "I can fight crime and accessorize at the same time."
It was the Carnival of Shadows.  She confused the strongman and attacked the harlequins.  The first one was a juggler and was more of a warm up than anything else.  The fencer was tougher, but Kolissa managed to dodge her attacks and fill her full of poison darts.  The strongman was coming out of the confusion.  "Just a Bronze Strongman.  Piece of cake." Kolissa thought as she took him down.  But no blue button. No fanfare.  What gives?  Just then the mez attack of an IIllusionist.
Kolissa recovered before the Illusionist recharged.  Kolissa used her own mez powers followed by poison darts.  Now the fanfare.  Now the blue button.  "But wait a minute." Kolissa thought to herself.  "There must be a reward.". Kolissa then smashed the glass countertop and took a beautiful diamond bracelet.  It went very well with her wrist dart gun.  As she turned around admiring the sparkly thing, she heard.
"Put it back." SFD said sternly.
"Super Fire Dragon." Kolissa began. "You look well.  How have you been?  It's been cheese years.  Well talk to you later.  Ta-ta for now."
Before she could take one step, out came the ring of fire.
"Kolissa," SFD said. "I like you.  You got spunk.  I hate spunk."
"Dragon, what are you talking about." Kolissa was almost confused as the rest of us.
"I can do it too." SFD said. "Now put back the braclet, and let me finish my pedantic lesson."
"OK, but how did you know?" Kolissa asked tossing the braclet back into its case.
"Peregrine Island is the only place that makes sense for you to go that the SG base has a telepad for.  And I too listened to the police scanner.  I would have been here sooner, but I honestly thought you would rescue that lady captured by the Tsoo."
"Yeah, I thought about that until I saw jewelry store." Kolissa confessed.  "Super Fire Dragon, I think I have a problem."
"Did you run out of cheese?" SFD asked.
"No, you idiot." Kolissa said. "I can't give up stealing jewelry."
"Is that why you have those earrings in your pocket?" SFD inquiried.
"I hate you, dragon." Kolissa said emptying her pockets.
"OK, let's go." SFD offered.  "I know where you can get help.  And Ms. Liberty doesn't need to know if you keep your pockets empty."
"I won't take another thing." Kolissa said wearing a tiara.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:24:59 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:22 AM »
"Super Fire Dragon!  Yay!". Shouted the little girls as he and Kolissa walked in.
"Hello, ladies!" Super Fire Dragon said as he received hugs from each of the Daisy Scous.
"Dragon," Kolissa began. "Why are we here?"
"These women can help you." SFD said to Kolissa.  "Ladies, is it OK to take stuff that doesn't belong to you?" SFD asked of the girls

"Oh, no," said Zoe, one of the girls.  "Because it doesn't have your, and the one who you took it will be sad."
"Ummm, stealing is bad because stealing is wrong." Said Tyler another one of the girls.
"See, Kolissa." SFD explained. "These women know.  It's bad, because it's wrong."
"These aren't women." Kolissa stated.
"They're not?" SFD asked.
"No, they are little girls." Kolissa said.
"Hey, don't make fun of the vertically challenged." SFD admonished.
"No!" Kolissa insisted. "They are girls, children, kids.  You understand?  They aren't grown up adults."
"They're not dwarves?" SFD asked.
"No." Kolissa answered.
"They're not mentally slow?" SFD asked confused.
"No, they are little children." Kolissa answered.
"I thought they were differently able." SFD said.
"Nope, they will grow up, not as tall as me, probably, and they will sound more normal." Kolissa explained.
"Great, now I feel like a child Prevert." SFD said ashamed.
"Don't be, these girls love you and you help them." Kolissa said.
"Well, yeah.  I'm not interested in humans." SFD said.  "I bring them gifts and take them on nature walks, but I thought they were, well, you know."
"Keep doing what you have been doing.". Kolissa explained. " I think you're doing good here."
"I don't know." SFD said. "I wanted to help the intellectually challenged, not a bunch of silly little girls."
"These girls need help too." Kolissa said.
"Well OK." SFD said. "That does explain a lot."
"Can we go now, and help me with my problem." Kolissa asked.
"It's all about the Kolissa." SFD mocked.
"Hey, you're catching on." Kolissa replied.
"Goodbye, ladies!" SFD called out.
The entire group walked over to him and hugged him and gave him a kiss on the forehead. SFD promised to come back later with presents.  Kolissa and the dragon left the meeting.
"I don't know what else I can do to help you, Kolissa." SFD started.  "I was sure that the wisdom of that group would be enough."
"It's bad, because it's wrong?" Kolissa asked.  "You thought that was brilliant?"
"Well," SFD began.  "It is hard to argue with."
"True, because it's simplistic.". Kolissa explained. "But I did learn something."
"Really, what was that?" SFD asked.
"The way you care about those girls." Kolissa started. "Maybe it isn't just all about me?"
"No, that can't be it." SFD began.  "Maybe, you learned to never run out of cheese."
"Dragon," Kolissa responded. "Are you trying to tell me what I learned from our adventure?"
"Yes, you don't seem to have a firm gasp on what just happened." SFD said.
"I was there remember." Kolissa stormed.
"OK, so does that mean that you're finally ready to return those diamond rings you have hidden in your costume?". SFD inquiried.
"I hate you, Dragon." Kolissa said as she pulled out 5 diamond rings from her costume and handed them to SFD.
"We can work through this." SFD said.  "Just like those mentally backward women."
"Those were children not mentally challenged women." Kolissa insisted.
"Potato, tomato" SFD said.
"I hate you, dragon." Kolissa confessed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 03:37:20 AM »
"Very interesting." Lord Recluse began. "That diadem looks like it was made from the big stone diamond necklace that was stolen by an Arachnos Widow supposedly."
"Sir, weren't you going to give one of your wives that necklace?" Sgt. Billings asked.
"Yes, but not a diadem.  Not a crown.  Not a tiara." Lord Recluse stormed.

Meanwhile

"Vince Marco Richard James Dastar-day, eaten by snakes?" Lord Nemisis pondered.  "Poor guy, did they find the money?"

Meanwhile

"Have you seen Kolissa?" Arbiter Unger asked.
"No" was the only reply.
"She owes me big time!" Arbiter Unger swore.

Meanwhile

"Nope, it turns out they are not dwarves." Super Fire Dragon told Ms. Liberty.
"I had my doubt's." Ms. Liberty stated. "So what are they?"
"Ummmm, well." SFD stammered.
"Come on, out with it." Ms. Liberty demanded.
"Daisy Scouts." SFD said ashamed of his mistake.
"You mean little girls." Ms. Liberty started laughing.
"Sure, laugh, I didn't know." SFD was feeling like the punch line of a joke.
"Sorry," Ms. Liberty said regaining her composure.  "How did you find out?"
"Kolissa ... " SFD started.
"Kolissa?" Ms. Liberty interrupted. "Why did you take her there?"
"They had a sale on cheese and ..." SFD started.
"Enough." Ms. Liberty interrupted.  "I want the truth."
"OK, Kolissa stopped a robbery at a jewelry store and ... " SFD started.
"And helped herself as a reward." Ms. Liberty interrupted.
Super Fire Dragon encircled Ms. Liberty in a fire circle.
"Please stop interrupting!" SFD exclaimed.
"Sorry, Dragon." Ms. Liberty said.  "Where is Kolissa, now?"
"She's with Rare Earth." SFD said.  "I think Kolissa can come back to hero work, but not today."
"What a pity." Ms. Liberty said. "The Isles do something to supers."

Meanwhile

"OK, you're rescuing a hostage when you're jumped by angry bosses.  What do you do?" Rare Earth asked Kolissa.
"Ummm, I know this one." Kolissa played along.  "You shoot the hostage."
"No!" Rare Earth said. "Girlfriend, you must be tripping."
"I didn't fall" Kolissa said baffled.
"What has that fool dragon got me into?" Rare Earth said to herself.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 04:22:37 AM »
"Because we need your help!" Ms. Liberty asked at the top of her voice.
"No way!" Kolissa answered at the top of her voice. "Not until I get reinstated!"
"That's not going to happen!" Ms. Liberty replied still shouting.
"I did everything you asked of me!" Kolissa complained. "And this is the thanks I get."
"If you could keep your hands to yourself," Ms. Liberty explained. "There wouldn't be a problem."
"Super Fire Dragon told you, I'll murder him!" Kolissa threatened.
"See that's what I," Ms. Liberty began. "Roses are red Violets are blue."
Kolissa left in search of that dragon.  With any luck Ms. Liberty won't remember a thing.  The confusion should last a while.

Meanwhile

"So where's Kolissa?" SFD asked Rare Earth.
"Never heard of her." Rare Earth denied.
"Melissa!" SFD scolded.
"Oh, Kolissa, heheh I thought you said Clarissa." Rare Earth said frightened of the giant lizard.
"Where!" SFD demanded.
"Look I couldn't stand it no longers." Rare Earth said. "So she went to see Ms. Liberty."
Super Fire Dragon leapt into the air, flapped his mighty wings, and took off for Ms. Liberty's office.
When he arrived he saw Ms. Liberty sitting at her desk with an ice bag on her head.
"What happened here?" SFD asked.
"Oh, my head." Ms. Liberty said. "I'm not sure.  I woke up singing, 'It's a good ship lollipop' and my head feels like somebody hit me with a sledgehammer."
"Try to remember." SFD insisted. "Was Kolissa here?"
"You lost Kolissa, ow, ow, ow" Ms. Liberty started to shout until the headache reminded her not to.
"She was with Rare Earth, but stormed out heading here." SFD replied.
"Yes, oh." Ms. Liberty said through pain. "She was here.  I asked her help with Marshal Darkness ... "
"Marshal Darkness is in the Zig." SFD said wondering if Ms. Liberty had brain injury.
"Yes, he escaped some time this past week." Ms. Liberty explained.
"So, she's looking for Marshal Darkness?" SFD assumed.
"No, it's coming back to me, ow" Ms. Liberty still in pain.  "She refused and ...  Super Fire Dragon, she wants to kill you."
"Great, just great." SFD said sarcastically.  "Kolissa wants to kill me and Marshal Darkness who almost killed me is loose.  Did you tell her where to find him, maybe they can team up, and join forces."
"Now, dragon." Ms. Liberty started. "You're overreacting."
"We'll just see about that." SFD stormed out.
"That's the closet!  Ow." Ms. Liberty shouted.
"I wondered why the hall was so dark." SFD confessed coming out of the closet.
"That female dog!  Ow." Ms. Liberty shouted. "She confused me."
"She didn't want you to remember." SFD said. "Review the security tape."
"OK, good I, wait." Ms. Liberty said. "I had it off because of that secret mission she did."
"Great, just great." SFD said. "By the way, did you tell her my one weakness?"
"Cheese?  Or do you mean that you can't count?" Ms. Liberty snapped.
"I was talking about zinc oxide, my kryptonite." SFD whispered.
"I didn't know zinc oxide was your kryptonite." Ms. Liberty exclaimed.
"Yup, the stuff tastes nasty, yuck" SFD said sticking out his tongue.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 03:23:39 AM »
"Well, yes I can get you to Paragon City." The Submarine Commander Said. "But, Arbiter why would you want to go there?"
"Because I don't believe the story." Arbiter Unger Said.  "Kolissa shows up after months away.  She's interested in some goof stalker.  She steals the big stone diamond necklace.  Then some royal guy gets eaten by snakes, and she and that stalker are gone.  It don't add up."
"Kolissa was here?  And she stole the big stone diamond necklace?" The sub guy asked.
"Look, don't think about what I said, it won't be healthy for you." Arbiter Unger threatened.
"OK, OK, I understand." The Sub Guy said.  "I didn't hear nothing.  Now climb aboard."
The two men went into the sub and closed the hatch.  Soon they were underway underwater.  They reached Independence Port and the Arbiter disguised as a superhero emerged from the sub and started his mission.  His was going to get his 5%.

Meanwhile

"Marshal Darkness escaped from the Zig." Super Fire Dragon told Rare Earth and Ice Mannix.
"[grapefruit] don't they have locks in the Zig?" Ice Mannix said.
"Watch your mouth, fool." Rare Earth admonished.
"Oh, by the way," SFD said. "Ms. Liberty believes that Kolissa wants to kill me."
"Fool dragon," Rare Earth said, "What are you talking about?"
Super Fire Dragon explained what had happened with Kolissa and Ms. Liberty.