Community > Roleplaying

Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #3 - Red Side

(1/11) > >>

Paragon Avenger:
Note: Please read "Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #2 - SFD returns" before reading this.

"Because you're one of them at your core!" Ms. Liberty explained at the top of her voice. "You can show them the hero way!"
"I'm a HERO!" Kolissa countered also at the top of her voice.  "An incarnate hero!  I want no part of the Rogue Isles."
"A hero huh?" Ms. Liberty accused.  "Why then do you still wear the Red and the Black?  Why is your battery 'Taste the power of Arachnos'?  Why?  Why?  Why?  Why?!"
Kolissa was stumped.  She is an Arachnos Night Widow turned hero, but she always thought that by battling other villain groups she was helping Arachnos.  She couldn't very well tell Statesman's granddaughter that she was a double agent, but she left the Rogue Isles for a reason.  Paragon City smelt better.
"I'll need an alignment change and your word that this isn't permanent." Kolissa caved.
"Of course, my dear." Ms. Liberty reassured.  "Ever since level 20 or so, you've been a great asset to the cause of good.". Ms. Liberty knew that Kolissa seems still loyal to Arachnos, but Kolissa has done some great hero work too.  You never can tell with spiders, they are a tricky bunch.
"So who's the mark?" Kolissa asked eagerly.
"What?" Ms. Liberty asked stunned.
"The guy." Kolissa replied.  "The villain who needs my help."
"Oh, yes." Ms. Liberty said handing Kolissa a file folder marked Longbow Eyes Only.
Kolissa taking the file, opened it.  "Vince Dastardly.  Never heard of him.". Kolissa said.
"You know your mission?" Ms. Liberty asked concerned.  "We're counting on you.  You know there are those who still don't trust you, and they are against your returning to R.I.  If they had their way, you would be in the Zig. just on general principle."
"Ms. Liberty, I shalt disappointed you." Kolissa said sounding villainous.

Paragon Avenger:
It was a day for surprises.  Arbiter Richard stood his post.  His sense of duty.  Although he hasn't seen as many new young recruits as he once did, he did his duty.  He stood his post, waiting, watching for those in need of training.  When here comes a level 50+ Incarnate Arachnos Night Widow.  Oh look, it's Kolissa.  "What brings you here?  Last I heard you went rogue.  In it only for yourself."
"Things change," Kolissa remarked, "Try to keep up."
"So the great Kolissa has returned." The Arbiter demanded.  "State your business or be gone."
"Temper, temper." Kolissa tempted.  "Don't make me angry.  I am not some level 5 you can boss around.  Tell me.  I've heard of an upcoming star.  I want to snuff it out before it gets too powerful.  Where is Vince Dastardly?"
"Never heard of him." Arbiter Richard lied.  He wasn't about to let some showy incarnate push him around, even if it was the enchanting Kolissa.  He stood there wondering what beauty was behind that hood and mask.  What he could see of her shape enticed him.
"Liar!" Kolissa shouted.  She was in this deep, might as well keep going.
"Vince Dastardly?" Arbiter Richard rubbed his chin as if to try to remember.  The truth was that all the villains on Mercy Island had to come to him for their training and there were about 8 of them.  "He's down by the shore killing snakes.  Now, Kolissa, could you let me see your face?"
"Thanks for the info." Kolissa responded.  "You know the rules.  If you see my face, you must marry me.  I'm not ready  to settle down just yet."
"That's a stupid rule." Arbiter Richard complained.
"Tell Lord Recluse that." Kolissa said as she walked away.

Paragon Avenger:
"Super Fire Dragon?!" Kolissa asked in surprise.  "What are you doing here?"
"Hey, Kolissa." Super Fire Dragon started.  "I came to ... 'Beautiful' Mercy Island to warn you.  Firstly, that Ms. Liberty wants me to make sure you do your job and nothing more.  And B, there have been rumors about a villain group planning to take over the Isles from Arachnos."
"Never!" Kolissa shouted.
"Keep your voice down." SFD instructed.
"Sorry." Kolissa halfheartedly apologized.
"Anyway, Lord Recluse is said to be on his death bed.  And Arachnos is in disarray.  A power vacuum is the last thing we need right now.  Until that Iron Wolf guy can get the heroes back, Paragon City could be in danger." SFD continued.
"Wow," Kolissa was amazed.  If there were a power struggle for control of the Rogue Isles that could lead to a widespread power grab that would make the Rikti invasion look like an European Soccer Match.
"So, unofficially you will need to find out all you can about any impending coup within Arachnos." SFD explained.  "And as always, if you get caught, we never heard of you."
"Great." Kolissa said.  "Any words of advice?"
"Yeah, as it turns out, cheese is not a number."
"Fool Dragon." Kolissa thought to herself.  She continued walking towards the shore as SFD flew away.

"Hey, you," a voice said, "hey lady."
"I ain't no lady," Kolissa countered, "What do you want, worm?"
"Do you want to buy a newspaper?" The young man asked holding out a paper. "
"Fine." Kolissa threatened.  She bought a newspaper and didn't beat the stuffing out of the paperboy.
She started reading the paper.  It was coming back to her, the way villains 'decode' the paper.  For instance, a lovely diamond necklace was being transported through Grandville just asking for someone to help move it along.  Move it along into her hands.
Kolissa gave an evil laugh and turned towards the ferry.

Paragon Avenger:
"What a perfect setup." Kolissa thought to herself.  Three guards behind the truck, a driver and two guards on the inside of the truck.  They want me to rob it.  She sprang into action.  She used mass confusion on the outside guards.  Next she popped open the truck and sprayed the area with poison darts from her wrist guns.  She grabbed the jewelry case with the diamond inside.  Before leaving, she gave the driver a few more poison darts.  She ran past the guards who were starting to recover from the confusion.  She ran into the nearby woods.  When mass confusion recharged, she gave away her position.  The guards fired their service revolvers, but Kolissa ducked behind a tree.  They rushed her hiding spot and she let loose mass confusion and got away.
She went back to Mercy Island and returned to her hotel room.  There she pried open the jewelry case.  It was beautiful.  The largest rock she had ever seen.  "Thank you, Mr. Newspaper for tipping me off." She said to, well, the newspaper.

Meanwhile

"Take that!" He shouted as he plunged his Katana into a Mamba Fang as he become visible.  Two Viper Blades approached.  He sliced the first one in two.  He dodged the attack of the second and with a mighty thrust, sent that to join his pals.  He liked chopping up snakes.  They are a menance, and he can't get hurt by them.  That wasn't always the case, about nine levels ago they could send him to the hospital.  Today, he was king of the snakes.  He, Vince Dastardly, third nephew on his cousin's side to Dirk Dastardly, was the snake king of Mercy Island.

Paragon Avenger:
"Who are you, and what do you want?" Vince asked.
"My name is Kolissa, a level 50 Arachnos Night Widow." Kolissa began.  "And I need some one of your talents to help me in my next cunning plan."
"I see." Vince replied.  "When your name is Dastardly certain things are expected of you.  So, what kinds of snakes will we be fighting?"
"Snakes!" Kolissa acting shocked. "We won't be playing with snakes."
"Then what?" Vince questioned.  "I avoid the infected."
"Good idea." Kolissa reassured.  "We will be going after the family."
"Those machine gun thugs!" Vince was worried.
"Yes," Kolissa cooed, "But you will be with me."
"I don't know." Vince hesitated. "Snake killing has been awfully good to me.  Why should I go?"
"Do you like lleveling; getting new powers?" Kolissa asked.
"Yes" Vince answered.
"When was the last time you leveled?" Kolissa quizzed.
"Three weeks ago ..." Vince said excitedly.
"Come let me show you." Kolissa interrupted.

Kolissa led young Vince to Port Oakes.
The first stop was Arbiter Unger. 
"Is that you, Kolissa?" The Arbiter began.  "Looking mighty fine you 8 foot thing."
Yes, Kolissa is 8 foot tall, wearing heels.  Barefoot she's not even 7 9.
Kolissa is fairly slender too, but she is a joy to see walk away sometimes.  For note reasons than one.
"Unger, what a pleasure." Kolissa responded.
"How long has it been?" Unger asked not really wanting an answer.
"Too long." Kolissa countered.
"Hey did you hear about the jewel Heist." Unger started.  "Some Widow stole the big stone diamond necklace?"
"The big stone diamond necklace." Kolissa played along.  "That must've been some beautiful villainy."
"OK, cut it out." Unger continued. "We both know that it was you."
"Ummm." Kolissa wasn't sure if Unger would turn her in for the reward.  Arbiter's don't make all that much, and they have to buy their own uniform.
"Relax, no way would I rat out a friend." Unger explained. "Especially when that friend is going to cut me in."
"Unger," Kolissa stated.  "I never liked you."
"5% or the Rippers come." Unger bargained.
"Fine, but keep under your hat or helmet or whatever that is." Kolissa agreed.
"Done and done." Arbiter Unger said pleased with himself.
"By the way," Kolissa changed the subject.  "This is Vince Dastardly of the Rhoda Island Dastardlys.  See if he can level."
"I once knew a Dirk Dastardly." Unger said.
"Really?" Vince asked.
"Hated his guts." Unger said yanking the young villain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version