Author Topic: Remaking of Mains  (Read 7269 times)

DBadger

• Lieutenant
Re: Remaking of Mains
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »
None.

If I'm starting over from square one, I'll be starting from scratch with an all new set of characters.

Same. Will be reusing names but probably not powersets.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 01:45:16 PM »
I will be remaking safehouse, my energy/energy blaster, and Del Mansfield, my elec/regen scrapper. Otherwise everything else is going from scratch.

I have an idea for an invuln/super strength tank who has a history of ineptitude due to being unable to control his strength. And for a fire/time corruptor named Tempoflare. Or ice/time called Tempofrost. Or both, Lol.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »
Definite "rebirths" of 50s:

Peacebringer
Widow

Remakes of 50s with revisions:

Invul/Kinetic/Energy Tank as Invul/Electric/(Energy|Electric)
Rad/Dark/Dark Defender as Rad/Psychic/Electric

Remakes for characters that didn't get to 50:

Fire/Fire Dominator (got to about 25)

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 10:43:05 PM »
I have to rebuild them all because I no longer have the old builds  :(

Ones that definitely will be recreated:
DB/Elec scrap
WS
Staff/Ice stalk
SS/Fire brute
PB
Water/Storm corr

Everything else will probably be new.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 12:59:15 AM »
I've thought about that for a while now.  I probably won't bring back any of my mains.  Most of their bios written so that they went on to bigger and better things like medical teaching for my healer, training up and coming bounty hunters for many others.  Most are now considered retired at this point.

I may do an mm and just tell anyone I team up with to suck it up if they don't like mms or I may build a variation on one of my defenders.

If I build the mm, likely a zombie/ff, a ninja/ff, or a demon/ff.  If the defender, an ff/archer.  I've always liked the bows as well as ff.  it's come in too handy too many times for me.  lil Hell Mouse, my demon/dark mm was a lot of fun but the debuffs of dark never seem to match the defense I could get from ff.
No Surrender!

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 04:33:43 AM »
I more want to remake and replay certain power sets than replicate exact characters. I'd have a bots/traps MM and an Ice/Ice blaster again for sure that will be similar to my old characters, but not exact remakes.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
LOL that was one of the reasons I'm changing. I thought it'd be cool to see zombies running around on fire. :)
I can't imagine its a pleasant smell though
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
Who knows? Maybe the smell of burning corpses would get rid of the smell of the zombie's vomit. So it could turn out sorta' ok....I guess.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 06:29:46 PM »
I have a list of remakes and do-overs planned in my head but I'm waiting for an official announcement before I start investing time into anything concrete.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 06:30:57 AM »
Yes, I am going to remake my main characters with a few changes. I've been looking at my Mid's and looking at Paragon Wiki to see  what powersets and IO enhancements I need to change. Including Incarnate slots too. I've been thinking about this since August.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 10:48:12 AM »
I can't imagine its a pleasant smell though

I plan to feed them potpourri everyday. :P

I may do an mm and just tell anyone I team up with to suck it up if they don't like mms or I may build a variation on one of my defenders.

In my experience the only time people complain about an MM being on the team. Is if the MM couldn't keep their pets under control and even then most people ( in my experience) would tolerate them. It took me a good year maybe two to get my pets under complete control.

Macro's are a God send for MMs. If your interested, I'll dig out my old macros and post them for you. I started with basic ones and as I got more experienced I made more detailed macros.

robo40

• Minion
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 01:16:59 PM »
It really depends on how they open the game back up.  Clean slate vs vet powers, empty market vs stocked market, etc.  Money can make all the difference in the world to how some toons level - permadom in the 20's, for example.

Scratch toons (all variations of the originals):

SD tanker
Fire/Rad corruptor
DM/Fire brute

If we can somehow access IO's, all bets are off.  ;)

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 08:34:23 PM »
I plan to feed them potpourri everyday. :P

In my experience the only time people complain about an MM being on the team. Is if the MM couldn't keep their pets under control and even then most people ( in my experience) would tolerate them. It took me a good year maybe two to get my pets under complete control.

Macro's are a God send for MMs. If your interested, I'll dig out my old macros and post them for you. I started with basic ones and as I got more experienced I made more detailed macros.
My favorite was to send my bots to a specific spot and have them attack from there.  Of course they routinely had to be "reminded" to stay there!    ;D

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »

Same here when I ran MMs.  I was a bit of a macro queen having written a number of them.  I had control of my pets down to a macro per pet.  Don't have of them now of course but I could use the numerics pad on my keyboard to direct each individual pet.  I just wish they'd made a few more mm powersets.   I'd love to have seen a construction manager mm with journeymen, welders, and iron workers.  Could use nail guns, hammers, and arch welders.  The big guy could throw dynamite.  Or, perhaps the wrestler manager with both male and female wrestlers for pets.  They could use wrestling moves.  Finisher might be a folding chair to the head.

Skinnable pets would have been really nice too.
No Surrender!

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 01:55:32 AM »
I know that I'm going to make the following changes:

Dark/Elec Defender -> Dark/Ice
Illusion/Rad Controller -> Ill/Time and Ill/Dark until I decide which one I like more
Rad/Sonic Defender -> Sonic/Rad Corruptor

Then I want to roll the following again:

Ill/Storm Controller
Fire/Ice Tank
Broadsword/Ninjitsu Stalker
Titan/Regen Brute
Elec/SS Tank
Spines/Elec Scrapper
TA/AR/Mace Defender

I also had a Plant/Emp controller that I maxed out recharge, regen and heal on.  I'll make a Plant/NA as well to determine which I like best.

Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A