Author Topic: Firefall  (Read 8401 times)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: Firefall
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 08:02:40 AM »
The 'veterans' are moaning about the 'dumbed down' crafting system. i thought it was pretty good now tbh, though as with any game its a big resource sink. They took away a lot of tiers of materials though so it is a lot more straightforward. (levelling is also pretty much traditional MMO style as well now, not the way it was in the early beta at all (which I hated)

To be honest, the crafting system as it was needed dumbing down, it was way too pointlessly overcomplicated if you ask me. I'm not that fussed on the traditional levelling though, going to that kind of setup without sidekicking is a little painful.

PartyKake

• Minion
Re: Firefall
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 02:51:19 AM »
Ha. Reading this thread reminded me of all the different versions of Firefall that have been around over the years.

I could review the game for you but all I can really say is:

I like it, you might too, it's free to play, and in the amount of time it takes you to watch a video on it, you can play it yourself. (well, assuming there isn't another huge patch in the time it takes you to download the game, but...)

Find it through steam or get the installer from their page
firefallthegame.com I think it is.
actually turns out firefall.com works now. they must have bought the domain from whoever was parked on it.

in the span of a few weeks I've leveled 8 frames to max level (every character can switch frames [the equivalent of classes] at will via a battleframe station, and they're all awesome), and gotten each one that I like enough to play geared up to decent levels. All there is left for me to do is to either grind out the last few points of power rating from epic gear (which really isn't that big an upgrade, I'm skilled enough to do without), or do pvp (which I hesitate to get into but would probably be fun), or just run around and do awesome crazy shit with friends.

A lot of it really feels like it did in City of Villains, where I played primarily to have fun. Only Firefall's a lot more merciful to those of us with alt-itis.