Author Topic: Open World PvP  (Read 12489 times)

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
Re: Open World PvP
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2015, 03:01:55 PM »
Not directly. ED was to allow Inventions to add crafting to the game and add some depth. The bad thing was the nerfed with ED prior to having Inventions ready - if they had done both it would have been great!

OK... that makes sense.  Why did they change the amount of pets you could spawn?
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2015, 12:37:37 AM »
Because the amount of damage 12 imps dished out was ridonkulous.

The amount of damage a Fire Controller dished out at the endtimes was way more than that, but compared to the baseline of the time, that many imps was ginormously OP.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2015, 02:51:50 AM »
Because the amount of damage 12 imps dished out was ridonkulous.

The amount of damage a Fire Controller dished out at the endtimes was way more than that, but compared to the baseline of the time, that many imps was ginormously OP.

I completely agree, but, who was that hurting?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2015, 04:30:43 AM »
Uh? Game balance? Which is what all game developers strive for?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2015, 05:48:20 AM »
Uh? Game balance? Which is what all game developers strive for?

I completely see your point but who was it hurting?  How did my ability to spawn a gazillion imps affect the gameplay of anyone else?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2015, 05:55:11 AM »
It was hurting the devs. In their souls. In their souls of game balance. Because they matter more than you, in the end of things.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2015, 06:35:32 AM »
It was hurting the devs. In their souls. In their souls of game balance. Because they matter more than you, in the end of things.

Yet they allowed AE farming, reduced the debt cap and pretty much handed out respecs like they were candy. It seemed like they were smacking you in the face with one hand and patting you on the back with the other.  I love this game and played it pretty much from the beginning to the end (I couldn't bring myself to play that last night) but I can truly say that, for me, the first couple of years were way more fun than those that followed.

So sorry to have tangented away from the OP.  Never had an interest in PvP.  Just felt it was wrong to fight other heroes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:13:52 AM by makjwalton »