Author Topic: LoK, Book 4: Balance  (Read 3078 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
LoK, Book 4: Balance
« on: September 11, 2014, 01:04:22 AM »
So, for those of you still in tune with the Avatar Universe, Legend of Korra Book 4, the finall chapter for this Avatar is coming hot on the heals of Book three, premireing October 3 Online.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: LoK, Book 4: Balance
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:05:03 PM »
On Nick.com of course.  The question, considering Nick seems to be divorcing themselves from everything not SpongeBob or live action tween/teen shows, and even that. 

Oh and if you get NickToons, they are rebroadcasting book 3 at starting the 15th at 8p EDT.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
yeah, they seem to be following Cartoon Network's model of kicking and screaming like a spoiled child to dipose of any property where they are not the primary rights owner, (and hence primary licensee for lucrative toys) or disney's model of trying to hit one demographic like a freight train (tween girls in disney's case) at the expense of all other audiences.

either way such tactics have historically not worked out well for either channel as people move off of tv altogether because of bad behaviors like that.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 03:01:14 AM »
Well looking forward to book 4 but I agree it's a shame how they're broadcasting it.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw

Trailer Dropped today. looks dark and forboding... and mostly set in the charotic remains of the earth kingdom.
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 11:58:28 PM »
Includes a nice time skip, some updated tech, and ... Toph?  WOOT!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 10:58:20 PM »
Time skip is ... interesting.  Ages the characters up a bit.

Pretty much lays out the central conflict.

Nice twist with Korra at the end.  Her idea of training ... or penance?  Or is she simply pulling an Aang and running.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:39:05 AM »
I read somewhere that among the water tribe cutting one's hair off is a symbol of failure (though that may have been fanon rather than canon) so probably penance. She also still seems smaller than she was before she was poisoned, so obviously three years convalescence haven't got her back into fighting prime.

what I want to know is why asami had a growth spurt
-Lex Luthor

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:11:44 PM »
So... Show ended today. Find it at nickelodeon.com, and the usual quasi-legal outlets. I think they did a commendable job of wrapping up the show in 13 episodes while leaving the ending open enough for the fans to be able to imagine further adventures even if Nick never unclenches again on Avatar.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Holy Shit! They went and did it! This is, (I think anyway) the first time a western animation has had a canonically LGBT lead. I ship Korasami myself, for the same reason I write Kigo... not because "gay babies are cute" but because it just makes more sense in my head than the hetero-normative pairings presented in the show. I figured, much as with other shows with vocal shipping fans, the writers would just toss out a bone for the non-straight fanbase and then go right back to the hetero ships present in the series from episode 1. But Wow, don't have to ship it any more because the writers had both the balls and the sophistication to make it canon and get it past the suits at Nick. It's just a shame they couldn't have had a full 22-27 episodes to let the relationship develop on screen a bit instead of leaving it 99% subtextual. So yeah, I'm a bit spazzed out on it.
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 01:05:28 AM »
So... Show ended today. Find it at nickelodeon.com, and the usual quasi-legal outlets. I think they did a commendable job of wrapping up the show in 13 episodes while leaving the ending open enough for the fans to be able to imagine further adventures even if Nick never unclenches again on Avatar.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Holy pancake! They went and did it! This is, (I think anyway) the first time a western animation has had a canonically LGBT lead. I ship Korasami myself, for the same reason I write Kigo... not because "gay babies are cute" but because it just makes more sense in my head than the hetero-normative pairings presented in the show. I figured, much as with other shows with vocal shipping fans, the writers would just toss out a bone for the non-straight fanbase and then go right back to the hetero ships present in the series from episode 1. But Wow, don't have to ship it any more because the writers had both the balls and the sophistication to make it canon and get it past the suits at Nick. It's just a shame they couldn't have had a full 22-27 episodes to let the relationship develop on screen a bit instead of leaving it 99% subtextual. So yeah, I'm a bit spazzed out on it.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well they did it in the most tame way possible.  While it is a teen "cartoon" with Team Avatar all being over 18 now, "cartoon" still carries the stigma in the US as "for children" and there are already enough trauma for parents about "the talk" that needing to go broader isn't going to sit well with some.

The pair of episodes was full of action, drama, romance and crowning moments of awesome for pretty much everyone.

Hey, I LOLed.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »
I was very impressed with the ending and thought I was projecting my pov with Korra and Asami but that ending pretty much cemented that and makes me wish we could have seen more.