Author Topic: Electricity tips..?  (Read 1814 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Electricity tips..?
« on: September 14, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »
I'm finally trying to figure out how to play Electricity decently.

Any tips?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
Re: Electricity tips..?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:39:35 PM »
I'm finally trying to figure out how to play Electricity decently.

Any tips?

/rubs hands together

I'll see if I have my build still on my PC when I get home.

To start, avoid chain lightning if you can.

Storm bringer from the wind set boosts electrical damage and gives massive crushing resistance (most common npc damage type)

Get sparkstorm rank 2 with the toggle option

Lightning arc to rank 3, short of old school two gun mojo it's one of the best st attacks on the game. Holding targets has always seemed pointless in co so avoid electrocute (lightning arcs bonus damage vs held opponents wasn't worth it last I checked).

Ball lightning with triplicity is free, unlimited energy when combined with the inherent energy return power (forgetting the name)

Lightning storm now greatly outperforms gigabolt (/cries) but can be useful for theme

Are you an At or free form? If at on a freemium account I'll give some hints if I can.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:44:48 PM by Rejolt »
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:51:44 PM »
Gigabolt was an inspiration to even go Electricity so that's disappointing news about it.

I thought sometimes hitting half the roomful of target dummies in the Training Room with Chained Lightning (edit: after a fully charged Thunderstrike and firing off a Ball Lightning) was cool - and then I'd burn through the energy return by chaining some Gigabolts...which...I don't need..

Was enjoying that equilibrium boost from Electric Form..

So much for the leet strat that was going to get me through the 20's.. That's a whole new build. I saw a 40 practicing a similar build in the Training Room. She also had a cool tp power and knew how to use it.

Triplicity seemed like the way to go so I got 1 right.

Electrocute has the debuff but it was too hard to add/maintain stacks with it when I tried it so it went out right off. Fire has an actual useful version.

I'm building a FF.

..Who I think I'm going to delete when I log back in so I can change his name to my old ele/tw brute's name.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:05:13 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »
Gigabolt was an inspiration to even go Electricity so that's disappointing news about it.

I thought sometimes hitting half the roomful of target dummies in the Training Room with Chained Lightning (edit: after a fully charged Thunderstrike and firing off a Ball Lightning) was cool - and then I'd burn through the energy return by chaining some Gigabolts...which...I don't need..

Was enjoying that equilibrium boost from Electric Form..

So much for the leet strat that was going to get me through the 20's.. That's a whole new build. I saw a 40 practicing a similar build in the Training Room. She also had a cool tp power and knew how to use it.

Triplicity seemed like the way to go so I got 1 right.

Electrocute has the debuff but it was too hard to add/maintain stacks with it when I tried it so it went out right off. Fire has an actual useful version.

I'm building a FF.

..Who I think I'm going to delete when I log back in so I can change his name to my old ele/tw brute's name.

I know! With gigabolt I was imagining it as lightning bolt (tap) and thunderous blast (charged). Lightning storm is a maintain with a wider targeted aoe radius. Maintains do better dps. Gigabolt has the safety of range but if you're tight on powers it can be dropped.

Chained lightning is a cost-effective power but it's damage is so low you won't use it once you break level 10.

As for your build, if you're having fun with it keep going! I leveled to 40 at launch with elec form. With elec form and ball lightning you feel like you running an unlimited ammo cheat.

I'd have a defensive passive for an alternate build (invin/regen, etc).  Active defenses can work as well (masterful dodge, mindful chi resurgence with the  heal on dodge  was powerful for ages)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:30:43 PM by Rejolt »
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »
I was mostly firing off a fully charged Thunderstrike, then a fully charged Chain lightning to get it to bounce around for the energy return, then chaining as many Gigabolts as I could while the blue numbers are scrolling up, and repeating.  I have Ball lightning but when I went back and played some more I noticed it's not helping me yet due to it's too expensive, for now, to fire off vs. getting that Chain lightning energy return.

I practice without using an Energy Builder for some reason btw.. Always trying to make a 100' build? And I'm only at Level 20 and I changed my SS's and have gear that wasn't great to begin, so, I expect things to be radically different moving forward.

I'm trying to keep my passive as the last power as I level up so I can switch it cheap. I'll definitely have some defense later on and probably including what you suggested.

Anyway, much appreciated. Always like to not miss obvious stuff.. Like if someone asked me about Fire I'd tell them to always fire off their Unstable Accelerant from FIreball and to keep it refreshed on long fights.
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:33:37 PM »
wear rubber gloves  :P
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »
wear rubber gloves  :P

Coincidentally this is the material used in making my costume.
Some Faves: