Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1712344 times)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #6380 on: August 24, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »
Yup.  One thread to keep the ember glowing is all we have needed for some time now. :-)
What was no more, is now reborn!

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6381 on: August 26, 2018, 05:14:11 AM »
One thread to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them...

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6382 on: August 26, 2018, 06:10:34 AM »
One thread to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them...

Oh I hate it when I get binded in the darkness.

Peregrine Falcon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6383 on: December 09, 2018, 06:51:06 AM »
So it's been 4 years since the OP.

Is it safe to say that this isn't happening?
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6384 on: December 09, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »
Yeah. This deal is dead.

IMO, no deal will ever happen... but my opinion doesn't mean squat. I just don't see enough incentive for NCSoft to ever be interested in a deal.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #6385 on: December 12, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
Is it safe to say that this isn't happening?

Nobody knows for sure b/c the people who know more aren't coming forward, for reasons no one definitively knows about.

:-X :-X :-X
Viva la Virtue!

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #6386 on: December 12, 2018, 07:06:29 PM »
Google tells me that an NDA typically lasts from 2 to 5 years.  So, I guess we'll see what things are like in another year.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6387 on: December 13, 2018, 02:06:39 AM »
Some are as long as 10 or 15.  Depends on the agreement.  In any case, no NDA is permanent.  A court would nullify any agreement that a lawyer positions as such, but in any case, just because a NDA is finite does not mean that when it does end the parties involved necessarily are obligated to tell us anything either. 

If the deal failed and those at the table have all moved on to other things, who would be left tell us?  NCSoft wouldn't make a disclosure if there's no new business or PR advantage to saying so.  And if the prospective buyers don't care to come forward with what happened, how would we know?  (Downix might get an answer someday, but he can't force people to talk.)

Not trying to pour salt into the sugar jar, but making folks aware of the expectations.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Baaleos

• Boss
« Reply #6388 on: January 03, 2019, 05:08:05 AM »
I think our hopes now lie with SEGS
They have a partially functional issue 1 compatible emulator and the team are active on GitHub again.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #6389 on: January 05, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »
I think our hopes now lie with SEGS
They have a partially functional issue 1 compatible emulator and the team are active on GitHub again.

I agree. I've been out of the loop w/ SEGS as of late, but I think they're all we got at this point (speaking within the context of getting COH back, I mean).

I wish they had more momentum/steam behind them... but maybe that's a blessing in disguise? Perhaps laying low and not having too many eyes on them might be for the best during these early development stages.
Viva la Virtue!

triedac

• Minion
« Reply #6390 on: August 11, 2019, 06:15:01 PM »
Just to update this in case this is the only thread some peeps are monitoring. Hopefully by now reading this you know of the Homecoming server that's been up and running :) Apart from that, this is some good news on the main topic of the thread.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7629-an-update-from-the-homecoming-team/

Quick quote:
"Homecoming and The Titan Network are working together and are in active negotiations with NCSoft in order to turn Homecoming into a legitimate operation, and we've been making significant strides in recent weeks..."

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6391 on: August 12, 2019, 05:24:15 AM »
I have a strong feeling there's more folks learning of this on the Homecoming forums than anyone reading Titan Network at all at the moment.  But in any case, stay tuned. :)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #6392 on: August 12, 2019, 01:20:05 PM »
I have a strong feeling there's more folks learning of this on the Homecoming forums than anyone reading Titan Network at all at the moment.  But in any case, stay tuned. :)

I still read both.  8)
What was no more, is now reborn!

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6393 on: August 13, 2019, 02:20:05 AM »
TonyV made the same topic on these forums: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13590.0

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #6394 on: August 13, 2019, 08:24:18 PM »
What does "legitimate" mean? "Formally allowed to carry on without legal issue" is very different from "directly giving money to NCsoft."
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6395 on: August 14, 2019, 01:28:25 AM »
Details will come when we have more to share.  I know telling people to 'hold on' is a lot to ask from a group of people who have been holding on for seven years (believe me, I'm one of them, too), but that's all the official word there is at the moment.

Only thing I can offer: GM Jimmy did state Homecoming shall remain free to play.

(From the other site:)
To be clear, Homecoming will remain completely free to play.

-- Tony is the head of The Titan Network.  The Titan network has nothing to do with City of Titans (aka The Phoenix Project), that's being developed by Missing Worlds Media.
-- Leandro is not the owner of Homecoming.
-- Homecoming doesn't have a leader, it is a collective (although technically Cipher owns the LLC on paper right now).
-- Homecoming is in the process of becoming a non-profit, although doing this correctly is not a simple or quick process.
-- The non-profit will have multiple board members, ensuring the project is not reliant on or controlled by a single individual.
-- We will always listen to the community - long term we hope to be as transparent as we possibly can be, but obviously current circumstances require a certain level of secrecy.

Hope that answers a bit.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:07:02 AM by Tahquitz »

Surelle

« Reply #6396 on: August 25, 2019, 04:23:56 PM »
Details will come when we have more to share.  I know telling people to 'hold on' is a lot to ask from a group of people who have been holding on for seven years (believe me, I'm one of them, too), but that's all the official word there is at the moment.

Only thing I can offer: GM Jimmy did state Homecoming shall remain free to play.

Hope that answers a bit.

Great summarizing quote, Tahquitz!  Thank you!