Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748173 times)

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4660 on: January 10, 2015, 06:08:41 AM »
. . .<Snip!> City of heroes isn't dead, but wrongfully accused and in jail for the moment.  It's the communities job to free it. <Snip!>. . .

The Zig's about to shatter!  ;D
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Surelle

« Reply #4661 on: January 10, 2015, 02:05:35 PM »
... As I frequently said, City of heroes isn't dead, but wrongfully accused and in jail for the moment.  It's the communities job to free it.  ....

Haha, I love this.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #4662 on: January 10, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
Why do I sense an oncoming mass of AE missions entitled "Break-In" (or variants thereof) occurring in the immediate future?

And come to think of it, an AE run based on the "Unity" Video would be fun, too!

Whatelse73

• Minion
« Reply #4663 on: January 12, 2015, 11:26:19 PM »
Wow, I just read thru the other posting that led me to this one after 750 pages there. 

This is great, first time poster but I am glad to see what's what here and how much is going on with the process.

I look forward to seeing what happens.  Thanks again for the updates, info and efforts.

Oh, I was an altoholic that had at least over 150 characters across many servers.  So many combinations, so little time.  All of my characters were a Jeff of some sort.  I started playing CoH in August 2009.  I miss it and it seems many in CO miss it too, from the zone chatter that's always going on there when I pop my head in once in a while.

- The Jeffs

Surelle

« Reply #4664 on: January 13, 2015, 02:20:14 AM »
Wow, I just read thru the other posting that led me to this one after 750 pages there. 

This is great, first time poster but I am glad to see what's what here and how much is going on with the process.

I look forward to seeing what happens.  Thanks again for the updates, info and efforts.

Oh, I was an altoholic that had at least over 150 characters across many servers.  So many combinations, so little time.  All of my characters were a Jeff of some sort.  I started playing CoH in August 2009.  I miss it and it seems many in CO miss it too, from the zone chatter that's always going on there when I pop my head in once in a while.

- The Jeffs

Welcome aboard, Jeff!

*sputters*  over 150 characters!!  Wow!!

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4665 on: January 13, 2015, 03:32:32 PM »
Welcome aboard, Jeff!

That many characters won't even fit on Twitter!

mikenovember

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4666 on: January 13, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
Surely Korea works sometime.   

I mean, I already wondered if they would slow down during the holidays and was informed they do indeed have the same holiday tradition.   So at some point, they've got to go back to work like the West, right?

Having worked with (and currently working with) businesses in Asia and elsewhere, they have many holidays we don't, and don't celebrate a number that we do.  Fiscal quarters generally are based on a corporate work cycle, for example several companies here in the states I've worked with you'd consider "American" actually have a starting quarter in mid-summer, June or July and one I've worked with in August. 

Several companies I work with overseas - never stopped for the eastern holiday season.  I myself worked right through it in fact.  Never assume much about overseas (or even stateside) businesses having a set of 'rules'.  Most software based companies work based on product cycles, market share opportunities and so on.  AAA game companies often start to ramp up for the holiday season in May or June, which puts their efforts for development in the February / March time frame, so budgeting might hit around October/November with ramp up in Dec/Jan.   It really depends on the company.  I've seen all kinds of schedules over the years.  Depending on what their big delivery cycles are - that's where you want to look at, and then roll back from there. 

If the company traditionally drops product say in October to account for NA holiday sales, that's one thing if they're focused on on line DLC deliveries over a set of scheduled drop dates with one two titles a year - they'll have a delivery train set up for development, so if that's the case look for their financial quarters based on their stock filings.  (As a rule of thumb... like I said, there's no assurances.)

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4667 on: January 13, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »
Welcome aboard, Jeff!

That's not many, I had well over 200 on my main account alone.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4668 on: January 13, 2015, 09:41:59 PM »
That's not many, I had well over 200 on my main account alone.
oh my God it is over 9....err 200 !!! :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4669 on: January 13, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »
Of course comes the big question: once the game returns; how many will you recreate? The favorites? The powerhouses? All of them?

Or create a few then wait for CoH 1.5?
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4670 on: January 13, 2015, 11:47:15 PM »
Of course comes the big question: once the game returns; how many will you recreate? The favorites? The powerhouses? All of them?

I think I will probably have 4-5 characters under construction right away but will keep with that.  I don't want to go to heavy on alts this time.

For praetoria, a stalker with kinetic melee/super reflexes.  I had a lot of success with that, and it was a character I was trying to get to 50 when the announcement came.

For hero side, likely a corruptor and maybe a mastermind.

Villain side?  Maybe a brute and scrapper or maybe a brute and dominator.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4671 on: January 14, 2015, 12:19:12 AM »
I think I will probably have 4-5 characters under construction right away but will keep with that.  I don't want to go to heavy on alts this time.

For praetoria, a stalker with kinetic melee/super reflexes.  I had a lot of success with that, and it was a character I was trying to get to 50 when the announcement came.

For hero side, likely a corruptor and maybe a mastermind.

Villain side?  Maybe a brute and scrapper or maybe a brute and dominator.

Nice choices,  I'm thinking my original hero and villain toons, (blaster and brute) get recreated on their respective alignments, then when possible make them vigilante/rogue for badge gathering on either side.

rebuild primary Tanks, and a praetorian. 

After that will likely tinker with some ideas, and see what they say about characters moving from Legacy CoH to revival 1.5
In fearful COH-less days

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4672 on: January 14, 2015, 12:24:56 AM »

Well I sentinel'd about 130, but the ones I'd remake first:

Mace/stone brute
Ice/mental blaster
Elec/shield scrapper
SS/fire brute
Dark/stone tank

and my signature toon stone/axe tank

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4673 on: January 14, 2015, 01:49:03 AM »
Well I sentinel'd about 130, but the ones I'd remake first:

Mace/stone brute
Ice/mental blaster
Elec/shield scrapper
SS/fire brute
Dark/stone tank

and my signature toon stone/axe tank

Oh if only we can use the Sentinels in some way,...

Anyway how was stone/axe?  I had a stone/SS tank that worked great but was thinking of axe when the game got the axe.
In fearful COH-less days

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4674 on: January 14, 2015, 01:52:48 AM »

For myself I have a list on the characters I want to remake. There are those that will be retired  and there will be new characters such as a few from the champions online universe and my main character from the secret world would be made into the City of. universe.:D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Whatelse73

• Minion
« Reply #4675 on: January 14, 2015, 02:55:42 AM »
I liked ranged types and Master Minds.  As soon as Villains came out I knew I would go overboard on the MMs.  I ended up doing every permutation of MM across multiple servers and even one Server that was all MMs.  As they added more secondary sets to MMs I was enjoying them even more. 

I'd definitely roll-up MMs and run with them.  They all had their positives and negatives so it was fun with them all.

I would probably do an electricity blaster because that was my first ever character way back when.  Quite enjoyable. 

I look forward to seeing reopening and even CoH 1.5 if there is one, especially if its in the same universe just with some upgrades.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4676 on: January 14, 2015, 11:19:32 AM »
I will recreate my Fire/Dark Corruptor first.

I can run him at +1x8 at level 10 and +4x8 at higher levels. Then I can help rebuild the market! That is one of my goals to flood the market. I hope those who get the game actually seed the market to begin with like set every item to 1000 in stock. It would boost those starting out again.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:07:39 PM by Ironwolf »

Gambit-X

• Underling
« Reply #4677 on: January 14, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »

Surelle

« Reply #4678 on: January 14, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss