Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748493 times)

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4520 on: December 17, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »
I payed a Subscription the entire 7 years I played the game until they would not let me throw money at them anymore.  I have no issue with subbing again.   :D

Hear, hear. I didn't learn about the game until around Issue 17, in 2010. I wish I could have played for the entire 8 years, but the 2 I got were unforgettable. I threw so much money at the game: expansions, subscription, not to mention all the goodies in the Paragon Shop. I would return to paid sub in a heartbeat.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Groundbreaker

• Minion
« Reply #4521 on: December 17, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
Definitely willing to pay to play even for maintenance mode.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4522 on: December 17, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »
I paid for one sub the entire time the game was live and for about 2 years I had 2 accounts.

I have also promised to start an advertising fund and seed it with $250 a year to get the word out.

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #4523 on: December 17, 2014, 02:26:48 PM »
I had a paid account from 3 months after launch until end-of-game. I also had a second account for several years up until the end.

I've been spending my "CoH Money" on other games since the City went dark, but as soon as CoH returns, I'll be moving that money back to its home. Happily. While dancing. And singing at the top of my lungs "Take me down to the Paragon City..." :)
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4524 on: December 17, 2014, 03:11:27 PM »
I think its safe to say everyone on Titan would line up to beta test :)

I would have mixed feelings about it, actually. I've never liked doing beta testing... but the fact that this beta would be for a game that had already been released, and presumably testing mainly for operational stuff like server loads rather than bugs, might persuade me.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #4525 on: December 17, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »
I hope everybody is as willing to pay a sub when the time comes for that, too.   ;)  Because of course, no money = no City.  ;)

I paid for a sub since September of 2004 and a second sub from 2007 till shutdown. I just need to know who to pay now and I would.  I'm ready to play, in fact past ready.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #4526 on: December 17, 2014, 04:47:21 PM »

I paid for a sub since September of 2004 and a second sub from 2007 till shutdown. I just need to know who to pay now and I would.  I'm ready to play, in fact past ready.

Never stopped being ready to play :)
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Groundbreaker

• Minion
« Reply #4527 on: December 17, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »
I paid for one sub the entire time the game was live and for about 2 years I had 2 accounts.

I have also promised to start an advertising fund and seed it with $250 a year to get the word out.

I think there are a lot of us in the community that would help out with this.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #4528 on: December 17, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
I would happily pay a sub again!   :D

Even if there were no perks, even if it was just for maintenance mode, even if it was the same price. I think I'd even do a "buy up front" to get started.

I'm kind of hoping there's a paragon market again, so I can throw extra money at them now and then.

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #4529 on: December 17, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
Ah Yes!  A RL Friend of mine loved tinkering with the SG Base Builder...

The base builder was my second favorite thing after the costume creator.  Yes, it was a pain in the tuchus, but I loved what the community was able to create with what should have been extremely limiting software (even before the safes!)

InOnePiece

• Minion
« Reply #4530 on: December 17, 2014, 06:34:26 PM »

I was just remembering that when you download Ubuntu you get a screen asking how much you'd like to pay for it, and you can say $0 or anything above that.

Makes me wonder if a similar sub model would work for us. For example, the base monthly sub is $x, but you add in however much you want to chip in towards advertising, or whatever else. If you're pinching pennies maybe you just do the base subscription, and that's fine. But if you are in a position to do more, you can actually decide where you want to put your extra funds and determine how much a month you are willing to spend for the game.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #4531 on: December 17, 2014, 08:48:23 PM »
A sub? I'd jam my CC number into the box so hard and fast, even Superman would wince!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4532 on: December 17, 2014, 09:50:29 PM »
Ah, I like the sound of that. That helps put some of my concerns to rest. I guess in my eagerness I keep thinking "okay, if this deal works out, then the servers will be turned on THE NEXT DAY," rather than thinking that's most likely not how this stuff goes, haha. I , for one, would be all about Beta-ing that...

...obviously XD

I would not be surprised if the servers were up very quickly after the deal is complete. It may well be part of the deal to make sure they are functioning prior to the sale - I know I would want them up to insure I have all the working parts before I handed over a suitcase full of money. That might be part of what is taking time as well.

I guess would you buy some disk images for a couple hundred thousand at least on the - trust us it all works from NCSoft or any other company? That is why I said deals like this have a lot of moving parts. If you were purchasing this you would want at least one server up - it actually makes me smile to think someone out there may have the disks running and is testing it.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #4533 on: December 17, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »
A sub? I'd jam my CC number into the box so hard and fast, even Superman would wince!

If Superman is wincing, you MAY be jamming said card into a wrong box.  Just sayin'...
Beware the mighty faceplant!

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4534 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
If Superman is wincing, you MAY be jamming said card into a wrong box.  Just sayin'...

Yeah, I was wondering where he was shoving the card as well...  :o

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4535 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:05 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering where he was shoving the card as well...  :o
apparently, in the excitement of jamming the CC into a box, there was an issue with the accuracy of said jamming. Probably because there wasn't enough Endurance to keep Tactics up and there weren't enough ACC enhancements slotted to help counter the -to hit from the excitement.

Don't worry. Although Superman will be walking funny for a few weeks, he'll make a full recovery...eventually.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4536 on: December 18, 2014, 01:43:29 AM »
I would not be surprised if the servers were up very quickly after the deal is complete. It may well be part of the deal to make sure they are functioning prior to the sale - I know I would want them up to insure I have all the working parts before I handed over a suitcase full of money. That might be part of what is taking time as well.

I guess would you buy some disk images for a couple hundred thousand at least on the - trust us it all works from NCSoft or any other company? That is why I said deals like this have a lot of moving parts. If you were purchasing this you would want at least one server up - it actually makes me smile to think someone out there may have the disks running and is testing it.

May I just say that this very positive attitude you seem to be exhibiting is very contagious. I'm starting to believe that this is going to happen and not that it just might happen... now quit it. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4537 on: December 18, 2014, 02:13:02 AM »
 Get the game up and running... I will sub like I did the entire 7 plus years I played never missed a month..

And as I have stated before,,, if there was any remote chance I could get my account back I would be willing to pay up to an additional $100.00 for that as well..

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #4538 on: December 18, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »

This over and over again. ;)

I've paid so much money for other games, trying to find a "summer" home it's not even funny. I could of been spending all that money on my virtual home instead.

Gorvi Guile

• Underling
« Reply #4539 on: December 18, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »

To those trying to read into every word Ironwolf says: servers...up...deal is complete. trust us it all works...one server up...testing it.

yes!!!!!

j/k don't go nuts people.