Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749107 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #3960 on: November 05, 2014, 04:32:45 AM »
Is that theater selling Enriche?

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3961 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:08 AM »
Is that kind of like Homer Simpson eating the dirt beneath a stadium when he was trying to quit beer?

If so... /points finger: "Get behind me, Satan!"

Not really, I've been watching SOA quite a bit and figured what archetype and power sets that would have if they were in CoH.   Kirito is broad sword/wp brute until later when he becomes a dual blade/WP brute
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3962 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:43 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Anyone feel like a movie?

Oh that is beautiful!
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3963 on: November 05, 2014, 06:10:40 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Just one question. Are the lights dim because the movie is already playing?

If so, thanks for the invite after the shows already going. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3964 on: November 05, 2014, 06:48:42 AM »
Just to pay lip service to the topic, if Nate could give us a quick, "Hey, so keep the faith! No news is good news," it would settle a lot of frayed nerves. I mean, not mine. I have beer and [substitute MMO] to get me by, but not everyone is as blase. :)
I saw this on a CoH FB page a week or so ago and posted it in the other thread.  Seems to be exactly what you are looking for.

Nathaniel Downes: Highlight so far is: nothings changed. It is in the back-and-forth period. "Well, if we do this, can you do that" "well yes but then we would need this other thing..."

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3965 on: November 05, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »
I am guessing we will hear a little bit once a month until it gets finalized, just to keep us interested. We already heard in sept and oct, so I say again in Nov and maybe a December announcement (not saying it will be up in Dec, but I can dream).
December announcement or maybe even a launch just in time for an extended winter event :D

I got to thinking about it. Nate had to prove there was people and resources to run CoH classic. That must mean people are in place already so the moment the deal is done work could likely begin I would think?

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3966 on: November 05, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
I am ok with no news too. The longer we wait the more willing NCsoft will be to sell. We might just get more out of them too.

PsiBug

• Minion
  • Hi everybuggy!
« Reply #3967 on: November 05, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Excellent! Thanks for posting!

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3968 on: November 05, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

It wasn't a very good summer for movies this year.

When it was live I ran quite a few of these. The reward of KB to KD IO was worth it.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #3969 on: November 05, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
It wasn't a very good summer for movies this year.

When it was live I ran quite a few of these. The reward of KB to KD IO was worth it.

You said it sister. Bonfire, Tornado, that Peacebringer thing that pissed me off everytime.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3970 on: November 06, 2014, 04:34:13 AM »
You said it sister. Bonfire, Tornado, that Peacebringer thing that pissed me off everytime.

I still keep thinking that it's usually only bad players that really cause any counter productive scattering.  But I never really scattered enemies willingly, it really depended on the situation whether I launched a tornado or not.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #3971 on: November 06, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »
I still keep thinking that it's usually only bad players that really cause any counter productive scattering.  But I never really scattered enemies willingly, it really depended on the situation whether I launched a tornado or not.

That is why my Storm Summoner was a Merc MM, for all the crappyness of Spec Ops, they played very well with Tornado.

Sihada

• Minion
« Reply #3972 on: November 06, 2014, 01:55:06 PM »
December announcement or maybe even a launch just in time for an extended winter event :D
I think you're being optimistic by at least 12 months.  City of Heroes is not going to be under the Christmas Tree for 2014.  If it were, we'd already know about it.

This is going to be a long, long process, and the next piece of news is not going to be an announcement telling us to log in.  Settle down, dial back your expectation accept that it's probably going to be this time next year before anything concrete comes to pass.

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3973 on: November 06, 2014, 03:36:28 PM »

That looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3974 on: November 06, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »
I think you're being optimistic by at least 12 months.  City of Heroes is not going to be under the Christmas Tree for 2014.  If it were, we'd already know about it.

This is going to be a long, long process, and the next piece of news is not going to be an announcement telling us to log in.  Settle down, dial back your expectation accept that it's probably going to be this time next year before anything concrete comes to pass.
That's kind of what I'm thinking - hopefully it'll be a Christmas present for 2015.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #3975 on: November 06, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
Just one question. Are the lights dim because the movie is already playing?

If so, thanks for the invite after the shows already going. :)

Well, if she invited you early, you might eat all her popcorn! She's not daft! :p

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #3976 on: November 06, 2014, 05:59:59 PM »
Well, if she invited you early, you might eat all her popcorn! She's not daft! :p

More importantly, he might steal all the hot dogs and Dibs!
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #3977 on: November 06, 2014, 08:38:23 PM »
Hi all

Been a long time since my last visit here, when the announcement was released... would anyone be kind enough to make me a summary and avoid me to read more than 190 thread pages and posts pls?
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #3978 on: November 06, 2014, 08:50:36 PM »
Hi all

Been a long time since my last visit here, when the announcement was released... would anyone be kind enough to make me a summary and avoid me to read more than 190 thread pages and posts pls?

Check out the first post of the New Efforts thread, it says it all.  ;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3979 on: November 06, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »
More importantly, he might steal all the hot dogs and Dibs!

I promise not to steal the dibs... but if you have raisinets then all bets are off.

Lets all go to the lobby, lets all go to the... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9QAPch2o6Q

Speaking of which, I always thought the one thing really missing from CoH was a drive-in theatre running something like the following on the screen... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h3CLhquqko
Maybe on Mercy Island.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:22:37 PM by Ankhammon »
Cogito, Ergo... eh?