Author Topic: Doctor Who "Into the Dalek" (Spoilers almost certain)  (Read 889 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Doctor Who "Into the Dalek" (Spoilers almost certain)
« on: August 31, 2014, 05:09:29 AM »
I wasn't sure about the new Doctor in the first episode, but in this second episode I really liked him.  The subplot with Missy in "Heaven" is a bit odd, though.  But, man, this Doctor...  He strikes me as a more classic Doctor, but with the Post-War baggage.

Also, "*You* are a good Dalek"...  best Dalek episode in awhile in my opinion.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Doctor Who "Into the Dalek" (Spoilers almost certain)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »
Agreed, the Missy bit seemed like it was crudely sledgehammered in at the last moment. The rest was a good, if slightly over-played, psychologial examination. but then, I have to remid myself that the Doctor's target audience is british family, not american sci fi, so it's entirely possible that was precisely the tone they were going for with the scmaltzy overplayed soldier-hero bits at the school.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »
I'm Daleked out, to be honest.

The Doctor sacrificed his homeworld (either to destruction or banishment) and the Daleks seem to be as numerous as ever.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:00:57 AM »
I liked it much better than the first episode.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:53:46 PM »
"I'm his carer."

"She cares so I don't have to."
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot