Author Topic: anyone try nbc network...there bring back there heroes show in 2015.  (Read 5540 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: anyone try nbc network...there bring back there heroes show in 2015.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »
While I don't think that Heroes and CoH are really compatible (having not seen Heroes I don't know) trying to get a major television or cable network to buy the IP is interesting. The network would have to be really interested in getting in on the superhero scene, though - I imagine most aren't, since Marvel and DC represent the mainstream money in that arena, and they have their own networks to work with.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:03:22 AM »
As much as I like the show, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is not doing all that well in the ratings. CW is doing well with their DC stuff, but no one else really seems to be able to get a good property going. I really hope I'm wrong, and The Phil Coulson Show gets a second season.

Point being, the "big" networks aren't seeing much success with the genre. It's not a bad idea, but it's a hard one to sell.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:49:07 PM »
I think a lot of people aren't finding superhero success because their products are too cute and not enough grit.  I don't know about you all, but a major draw of comics is the action, fighting and super powers.  If a show doesn't give me that, I'm not too interested.

SHIELD is a badass organization with a badder ass Nick Fury at its head.  The Coulson character is a clown meant to act as a lighter side to Fury in the movies.  To put him as the main character and surround him with a couple nerds, a computer geek, and a couple so-so fighters is just silly.  Real SHIELD agents need to be on that show and there needs to be some serious super power slinging.

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 12:02:35 AM »
I don't think Heroes is comparable.  They sort of had this "Poof!  Everyone had powers!" 

Unless they wanted to suddenly say the well of the furies was involved... Then... Hey.  Why not?

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »
I don't think Heroes is comparable.  They sort of had this "Poof!  Everyone had powers!" 

Unless they wanted to suddenly say the well of the furies was involved... Then... Hey.  Why not?

Hehe, that did work for CoH.

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:34 PM »
Yeah but in COH it was tied to something well established in lore.

Still not sure if it ever was explained in Heroes.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »
From what I heard of the way some of the writing... evolved... over time, I think we can safely bet some Dyne was involved one way or another.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
Heroes - Some of the characters were mutants and some got their powers as a part of a synthetic formula/experimentation.

Marvel Agents of Shield was renewed for a 2nd season.

There's a new show also airing on ABC AGENT CARTER which is using the same actress from the Captain America films that played Agent Peggy Carter - [size=78%]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Carter_(TV_series)[/size]

The CW is introducing their new superhero show: THE FLASH this fall as well. The CW is one of the more super hero-ish/supernatural (no pun intended) networks out there with ARROW and now FLASH. I am a huge ARROW fan and will tune into FLASH to see how it goes....

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:54:39 PM »
Heroes - Some of the characters were mutants and some got their powers as a part of a synthetic formula/experimentation.

Marvel Agents of Shield was renewed for a 2nd season.

There's a new show also airing on ABC AGENT CARTER which is using the same actress from the Captain America films that played Agent Peggy Carter - [size=78%]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Carter_(TV_series)[/size]

The CW is introducing their new superhero show: THE FLASH this fall as well. The CW is one of the more super hero-ish/supernatural (no pun intended) networks out there with ARROW and now FLASH. I am a huge ARROW fan and will tune into FLASH to see how it goes....

They use to have Smallvillie too.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 06:38:23 PM »
Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. writers need to write stories like the popular 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
that series was successful and spun off a few movies.

.....so I know it's possible.

I wish DC well on their endeavors but they don't seem to have the success formula like Marvel.
They have plenty of other chars, instead they seem to rely on Batman, Superman all the time.
Although I enjoyed the early's 90s FLASH