Author Topic: Best dominator secondaries?  (Read 11615 times)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Best dominator secondaries?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 03:33:59 AM »
Having carefully crafted what I think is a decent Seer costume (or as close as I can get), I'm seriously looking at making my new alpha character a Mind Control / Psionic Assault / Psionic Mastery Dominator.  I just wish I could get that "telepathic whispering" as a personal sound effect.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:45:05 PM by JanessaVR »

Supermax

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
Supermax Here
http://guidescroll.com/2011/07/city-of-heroes-dominator-powers-guide/
Read and have fun..

Wow, that's a really great guide, thanks.

The problem is I still don't know what I'd make. Too many good choices  :-[

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
that's a great read. I always found that Psi as a good secondary, it gives a good mix of control and ranged damage to what can otherwise become a squishy character.

but then I always tended to play mid-road characters like combat healers and tanking stalkers, so I might be a bit biased
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 12:47:38 AM »
that's a great read. I always found that Psi as a good secondary, it gives a good mix of control and ranged damage to what can otherwise become a squishy character.

but then I always tended to play mid-road characters like combat healers and tanking stalkers, so I might be a bit biased

I always preferred the across purpose characters myself. A Time/Ice tankfender, or TA/Sonic ConBlasFender or Dark/Ice Tanktroller were always good times to play.

This kind of thing can be done with many combos, and that might have been one of the single greatest things about CoH.

Trinity? I am my own trinity.

Now someone let me roll a Nature Affinity/Earth Assault character. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 01:23:32 AM »
I have played /Psi, /Fire, /Thorns, /Elec..

I never look at a power by the primary or secondary alone. Its hard for me to do that. I have to see how the powerset works together..

When the game returns I am going to make a Grav/Dark and a Mind/Elec