Author Topic: Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #2 - SFD returns.  (Read 22833 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #2 - SFD returns.
« on: August 17, 2014, 05:51:39 AM »
Note: Please read "Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #1" before reading this.

"You want me to do what?" Super Fire Dragon couldn't believe his pointy ears.
"You did such a good job with Ice Manix," Ms. Liberty explained, "we thought you could help another superhero.  You are our defacto trainer until Iron Wolf can get the others back."
SFD thought how ungrateful Ice Manix had been.  How he was so head strong.  And how he kept talking about numbers.  "I don't know." SFD said forgetting what Ms. Liberty had said.
"You're a hero, you have to step up.". Ms. Liberty implored.
"You're asking a lot." SFD protested.
"OK, OK, all the cheese you want." Ms. Liberty offered.
"Cheddar included?" SFD bargained.
Ms. Liberty was well aware of this dragon's lack of seriousness, but she was in a jam.  Somebody had to train the new heroes and everyone else had been teleported to another dimension.  This dragon knows the ropes and is.patient enough to help these new ones.  "We'll even throw in Swiss." She countered.
"With or without holes?" SFD asked.  He considered himself to be quite a bargainer.  Truth was he enjoyed training Ice Manix.  And he wanted to train another hero.
"Yes." Ms. Liberty said remembering who she was dealing with.  This dragon is silly, maybe he will respond to silly.
"Deal." SFD replied.  And that was that.  SFD had agreed to be transported back to Paragon City and help out another superhero learn the basics of being a hero.  And he agreed to it not for fame or fortune, but for cheese.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:24:34 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Where Have All The Heroes Gone? SFD returns.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:23:07 AM »
"Let go of my purse, you creep."  Melissa yelled at the Hellion.
As they struggled a thought danced in her head.  "'Lissa, fight this creep your own dam self girl." And with that she imagined the hellions encased in rock.  And they were encased in rock, helpless, motionless.  She fell back on her seat, but she had done it.
Melissa is a twenty-nine year old black woman who moved to Paragon City after Katrina had wrecked New Orleans.  She had a job designing men's underwear which was fairly easy because men's underwear hasn't changed since...forever.
She lived in Atlas Park, but worked in Brickstown in the garment district.  She was glad the day the lines merged.  Before she had to make it across Steel Canyon to switch from the yellow line to the green line.  That trip wasn't easy every night.  Melissa has always been a survivor.  Nobody or nothing was going to keep her down no how.
She got to her feet, dusted her skirt off, and went on to catch the train.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:54:06 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:15:20 AM »
"Your attention please," said the automated train voice.  "The next stop is blickstreng on the righsch."
She wondered if they was never gonna get that thang fixed.  She knew that it meant that Brickstown was the next stop with the doors opening on the left.  She thought how funny things are sometimes.  She also thought that bricks is a dangerous place, and that she had best be careful.  As the train stopped, she made her way to the door and down and out the ramp.  Bricks is an interesting place.  With the Zig up North and entrance to Crey's Folley South, one had to be extra careful.
"Hello, my name is..." Super Fire Dragon started.
"Help, a giant lizzard!" Melissa cried as she encased him in rock.  She then fled to her offiice building where she worked for an unnamed clothier.
"I hate mezzers." SFD thought to his self as the hold wore off.  "This one might not be so easy."
"Girl, you look like you seen a ghost." Maxine said as Melissa walked in.  Maxine was the design department's office assistant.  Melissa shared Maxine with 7 other designers.  Fred, he designed children's pajamas.  Sondra who thought she was the supervisor just because she had been there longest.  Mark who designed boys underwear.  Shawn who designed girls underwear.  Karen who was the office gossip and had the covented job of designing womens underwear.  And Pete who designed womens bras.  And Carol who checked everyone's designs for company standards. Melissa liked her coworkers and got along with them most of the time.
"First this hellion guy tries to steal my purse then this giant lizzard tries to eat me." Melissa explained.
"No way," Shawn exclaimed, "those hellions wouldn't have let you get away."
"Yeah, Melissa," Sondra scolded, "don't make up stories."
"I don't care what you fools think." Melissa said getting her latest designs called up on the computer.  She was working on a radical new fly design and was eager to get back to it.  A fly in the brief that men might use.  A study showed that most guys go over the waist band by pulling the briefs down in front.  A comfortable easy to use fly could boost sales.  The seams were the problem.
"I believe you." Mark said.  He thought Melissa was pretty and he wanted to go out with her, but his mother who controlled the family fortune would never approve, yes because of her skin color but mostly because she wasn't listed in who's who.
"You're sweet for saying so." Melissa said.  She didn't like Mark in that way.  And she really didn't need his stuck up family looking down their noses at her.  Bunch of snobs.  She almost said out loud.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:08:19 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:09 AM »
"What do you guys think about a line of girls panties with sports prints.  Like soccer balls and basketballs and baseballs?"  Shawn asked proud of his idea.
"It's been done". Pete said.
"Son of a female dog!" Melissa blunted.
"Watch your mouth!" Said Sondra.
"Girlfriend, what's gotten into you?" Maxine questioned.
"Oh sorry, it's this new fly design.  The computer simulation shows it castrating 73% of men using my new design.  I spent weeks on that.  And now it's toast.  It's burnt toast." Melissa apologized.
"How could underwear castrate it's wearer?  Never mind." Mark asked then thought better of it.  He knew that the computer simulations exaggerated tugs, scratches, and pinches.
"I can't take it, I'm going home.  Tell the boss I got sick or something." Melissa informed her coworkers.
"OK, but I'll make a note that you left early." Sondra said.
Melissa left a few hours early from work devastated that the design she had poured so much effort into had failed com-sim.  Although everybody knew that the computer simulation was hypersensitive, it was the design standard.  Besides, no clothing designer wants her designs hurting people.  Distracted by the com-sim failure, Melissa walked right into the Crey.
"Give us your money." The Crey Agent demanded.
"Go away!" Melissa shouted.
"Listen, do as we say and you can walk away." The Crey Field Agent offered.
"Go to the devil."  Melissa retorted.  She then imagined the Crey encased in stone. And the Crey were encased in stone.
"Wow, that's impressive." SFD said.
"Ahhhggg, a giant lizard." Melissa panicked and tried to encase the lizard in rock as before.
"I have my toggles on" SFD explained.
"Please don't eat me Mr. Lizard" Melissa begged.
"I not going to eat you." SFD started.  "I'm a superhero like you are."
"I ain't no superhero." Melissa confessed.
"And I isn't no lizard." SFD replied.  "I am a dragon."
"There ain't no such a thing as a dragon.". Melissa interrupted.
"I'm a dragon, so there are let's see, carry the .7 and divide by the hypotenuse.  There's at least one dragon.". SFD explained.
"You a dragon?". Melissa asked.
"That's right." SFD responded.
"And you ain't gonna eat me?" Melissa insisted.
"I like cheeseburgers not people." SFD licked his lips.
"Well if you ain't here to eat me, what do you want?" Melissa asked not completely believing this overgrown lizard.
"You got powers," SFD started, "powers you don't understand."
"Yeah, so everybody has hidden inner <stuff> that comes out only when under stress, I read that in the National Snooper." Melissa recounted.
"Your powers are nothing like that." SFD said trying to hold back disbelief.
"So you're saying I'm a freak." Melissa wondered.
"Of course not, you're one of us.  Heroes battling evil to help the innocent." SFD inspired.
"So how much we get paid?" Melissa asked.  "I got bills you know."

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:02:00 AM »
"Where is that fool dragon?" Melissa wondered to herself.  Being a superhero sounds like great fun, but she knew she needed guidance.  The dragon said to meet here half past, but he ain't here.  Who was going to give her that guidance if not that dragon?  Come to think of it, he didn't say half past what.  Is this even the right zone?  "Fool dragon!" She muttered.
"Oh there you are." Super Fire dragon said.
"Giant Lizard!!" Melissa cried.
"DON'T YOU DARE!" SFD warned.
"Oh, it's you." Melissa said, "I'm not used to talking at a scary giant Lizard."
"OK, 2 things." SFD said thinking that the Statesman Task Force was easier than this.   "I am a dragon not a lizard.  I am not here to eat you.  And I said Strega Isle not Founder's Falls.  Try to pay more attention."
"Sorry, Mr. Lizard, sir.  I forgot, because I was afraid." Melissa said meekly.  Her confidence and self reliance leaves her when this dragon is around.
"OK, I forgive you." SFD letting the 'Mr. Lizard' pass.  "Today, we shall learn how to identify the bad guys."
"<shoot> I don't need you for that.  They's the ones trying to kill us." Melissa said regaining her composure.
"And yet you tried to attack me." SFD said trying to sound mystical.
"You still sore about that, it weren't nothing." Melissa dismissed.
"Concentrate," SFD began, "look over there at those Crey."
"Yeah, what about them." Melissa stated beginning to feel that this whole thing is a waste of time.
"Now, look at me." SFD instructed.
"Help, a giant lizard!". Melissa yelled, "kidding!"
"Funny," SFD had meet his match in the silly department.  "Notice the difference?"
"Yeah, you're a lizard and that Crey is a level 38 cryo tank." Melissa said.  "Well, shut my mouth.  How did I know that and what did I just say?"
"That's the hero targeting system.  And if I told you once, I've told you a cheese times.  I'm not a lizard."
"Fool dragon." Melissa thought to herself.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 03:58:45 AM »
Shawn is average guy with an average life.  He lives on Talos Island Paragon City, RI.
Talos Island is one of the zones that the city was divided into following the first Rikti invasion.  Shawn works in Brickstown, another city zone.  He is a fashion designer, at least that's what he tells people.  He likes to think of his designs as fashion.  Without his work little girls would still be wearing the days of the week on their panties.  He was the first designer to put cartoon characters on girls undies.  He felt like he was making a difference, but every time he told somebody new that he designed little girls underwear for a living, he would get looks of disgust.  But he likes his job and the people he works with.  There's Melissa, she designs mens underwear.  The two of them are kindred spirits in a way.  Each designing underwear for the opposite gender.  They even thought of trading jobs, but their talent and temperament are better suited for where they are and what they do.  Melissa used to have coffee with him every Thursday at 11 o'clock.  Lately she's been distracted.  He told her about this puppy he was going to buy his 7 year old nephew.  The entire time he described the dog, she was staring at street gang thugs.  He thought he heard her say something like 'Tank Buster'.  Today, she is 20 minutes late.  "Oh well, it must've been important." He mumbled to his self as he started to walk back to work.
Paragon City is a dangerous place, and with the heroes gone even more so.  You must take whatever precautions you could think of, but he was thinking about Melissa.  All of a sudden the Freakshow jumped him.
"Hey, pops," said one of the gang, "What's ya drinking?"
"Leave me alone." Shawn said not knowing what else to say.
"I'll leave you alone.  I'll leave you alone in your face." The Freakshow said.
"That makes no sense, boss." Another Freakshow chimed in.
"Then get him!" The first one yelled in reply.
"Mezzer first, that's the way." Super Fire Dragon Instructed.
Melissa obeyed his direction not even noticing that the citizen victim was her coworker and friend Shawn.
For his part, Shawn was frightened by the Freakshow, relieved help had arrived, worried about the golden four foot tall dragon wearing a blue toga, and wondering who this new superhero was.  Melissa had been training hard with SFD.  She learned most everything she needed to know about being a superhero.  She even had a cool costume of red and gold with a stylish short cape.  She called herself "Rare Earth".  And she was getting the hang of fighting bad guys.
She locked them all in stone cages and summoned a creature she called "Mark on a good day" that was actually animated rock.  MOAGD pounded the freaky Freakshow freaks until they dropped.  SFD barking out orders, while Shawn stood there in amazement.
After the last freak was gone, Melissa dismissed 'Mark On A Good Day'.
"That was better, but it needs work." SFD said to Rare Earth/Melissa.  "Would you mind mindlessly walking into some more Freaks?"
Shawn looked puzzled.
"Yes, you." SFD continued, "What's your name?"
"My name?" Shawn asked.
"Yes, you know," SFD growing impatient, "In the morning people say, 'Good Morning, blank, you're looking well' can you fill in the blank for us?  Do you remember what they say?"
"Fool dragon." Rare Earth/Melissa thought to herself.
"Wow, a talking dragon and a wiseass too." Shawn countered.
"Shawn, I didn't recognize you." Rare Earth/Melissa said.
"You know this cretonne?" SFD asked.
"Listen fool, Shawn is one of the top designers in this city.  Got it!" Rare Earth/Melissa stormed.
"OK, ok, don't get your knickers in a knot." SFD backed down.
"Oh very funny," Shawn taking offense, "I do a good job and a valuable service.  And it doesn't make me a pervert or pediphilal."
Super Fire Dragon leapt into the air and used his fire breath.
"Now listen to me." SFD said while landing.  "I am a superhero.  I risk life and limb everyday for the good of this city.". SFD had Shawn's and Melissa's attention.
"I don't care what you claim to be.  I will protect you when I can." SFD scolded, "But I require some respect."
"OK, Mr. Lizard, sir, you made your point." Melissa said.
"Yes, thanks for helping Melissa rescue me from those freaks." Shawn started, "wait, Melissa?  Is that really you?  What was that rock thing?"
"Y-yes." Melissa still a little shaken by SFD's display of power.  "Yes, I'm a superhero now.  And this dragon has been learning me all kinds of <stuff>."
"Shall I kill him now, or can you trust him?" SFD whispered to Melissa.
"He's cool." Melissa said, "Shawn won't tell anybody nothing.  Right Shawn?"
"Yes, of course.  I understand how it works.  I've watched 'Batman'." Shawn reassured.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:44:28 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 10:04:17 AM »
It was a bright sunny day in Galaxy City.  Super Fire Dragon looked around, but didn't see Melissa.  He liked this new student of his.  She listened.  She concentrated.  She paid attention.  And she had a sense of humor.  Everything that Ice Manix lacked.  There was one problem.  He wanted rid of her.  Yes, she was a good student, but she was so clingy.  And the way she called him a lizard all the time didn't help.  Still he had a job to do and Ms. Liberty was counting on him.  You didn't want to let Ms. Liberty down, not out of fear, but out of loyalty.  You just don't want to disappoint her.  He thought about what he needed to teach her, but she really wanted to do well there wasn't much left to teach her.  She reminded him of the character 'Florence' from the TV show 'The Jefferson's' not because she was a human female with black skin, but because she was always ready to put you in your place no matter how haughty you think of yourself.  What a great TV show that was.  George was always trying to butter-up some rich guy who turned out to be a bigot.  While Florence was making short jokes and bald jokes.  He knew he was short, but being a dragon no one knew if he was bald.
"Rare Earth, where are you girl?" SFD asked no one.  And no one replied

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
It was a bright sunny day in Skyway City Melissa looked around but couldn't find Super Fire Dragon.  She liked this dragon.  He could be a bit scary at times with his fangs and being a dragon and all.  She found that thinking of him as a lizard helped ease her fears.  This dragon had done it all.  He had the Task Force Commander badge and numerous exploration badges.  He was one of them Incarnate guys.  She wasn't sure what that meant, but she knew enough to be impressed by it.  She also knew that SFD had been an undercover villain at one point.  He had been to every city zone.  He had even been to fabled Praetoria.  She was lucky to have such an experienced trainer.  The only problem was that she wanted to go on her own.  She knew about bad guy levels and mezzers.  She knew about the hospital and about wakeys. She knew about teams and healing powers.  What more is there she thought to herself.  She wondered what this next lesson could be.  "Where is that fool dragon" she asked no one.  And no one replied.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »
"I thought I'd find you here." It was Marshall.  He and Melissa had an on again off again relationship.  He was easy to look at over six foot tall and built like a linebacker.  He is a very attractive black man.
"Marshall, what are you doing here?" Melissa managed to ask through stunned amazement.
"I intercepted your message to SFD.  Who is he?" Marshall demanded.
"You got some nerve." Melissa started, "You interfere with my private communication.  You think you can just waltz back into my life after you broke it off to chase the blonde Miss Thang.  Now your here accusing me of stepping out."
"Baby you know those others don't mean nothing." Marshall charmed.
"Don't baby me." Melissa replied starting to get charmed.
"I would do anything for you, honey." Marshall continued.
"So you want to get back together?" Melissa said falling for his charms and good looks.  This was a pattern they had repeated so many times neither kept count anymore.  Marshall or Melissa would get bored or what to settle down and they would fight and break up and then weeks later out of the blue make up.
"Whatever you want, babe.  But first who is SFD and why are you dressed for Halloween?" Marshall asked.
"SFD is just some guy I know." Melissa said trying to make Marshall jealous, perhaps to get even for that last blonde he was chasing.
"Baby, don't do this to me.  I'll kill him.  I can't stand the thought of some guy with his paws all over you." Marshall said getting jealous.  Melissa could play him almost as well as he could charm her.
"That's funny." Melissa giggled.
"What's funny." Marshall asked confused.
"You said paws.  Because SFD is Super Fire Dragon" Melissa blunted out between giggles.
"Super Fire Dragon!  He's my favorite superhero, in Paragon City." Marshall offered.  "Can you introduce me?"
"Sure, if only I knew where he was." Melissa remarked.
"Oh, I sent him to Galaxy City." Marshall answered.
"Oh yeah, now I remember." Melissa steamed.  "I'm mad at you."
"Actually, I was mad at you.  I forgive you." Marshall quipped.
"Yes, and I was mad at you for it." Melissa stormed.
"Baby ..." Marshall began.
"It won't work this time." Melissa interrupted.
"OK, OK, you're right.  I'm sorry." Marshall pleaded.
Wow, two of the four things women love to hear men say.  The other two are 'I was wrong' and 'I love you'.
"Oh, I know I shouldn't." Melissa cooed, "but, I forgive you too."
They kissed and hugged.
"So you want to grab some Chinese?" Marshall asked.
"Sounds good." Melissa responded.
"OK, let's go, but first," Marshall questioned, "Why are you dressed like that?"
"Oh right, Super Fire Dragon." Melissa startled, "Which zone did you send him to."
"Galaxy City, but tell me why." Marshall grew anger.
"Later, call me." Melissa yelled as she ran towards the train.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 03:34:20 AM »
There he was standing there in his boxing shorts, boxing gloves and boxing boots.  He looked kind of cute for a dragon.
"Where have you been?" Super Fire Dragon asked trying to conceal his frustration.
"Sorry, sorry, I took the green line by mistake." Melissa said hoping that SFD hadn't used the train in awhile.
"Ah, did you have to make cheese stops in distant zones?" SFD questioned.
"Yes, it took over the square root of smoke transfers to get back here." Melissa lied.
"You knew there are ways us dragons can tell when people are lying." SFD said informed.
"I-I wasn't lying." Melissa stumbled, "Help!  A giant lizard!"
"OK, It wasn't that bad." SFD confessed, "I practiced fighting level 5's."
"So I'm forgiven?" Melissa asked.
"I forgive you for being late.  I forgive you for making up stories," SFD explained, "but I can't forgive your lying.  The train lines were merged issues ago.  It was in all the papers.  I almost went to one of the public meetings.  No dragons allowed.  Buzzards.  I cheat on my taxes just like everybody else, I should have the same rights.  After all, dragons are people too."
"Ah good, I'm off the hook." Melissa thought to herself, "this fool dragon is on another of his rants."
"...and why shouldn't there be dragon only parking.  They have it for handicapped people and expectorant Mothers.  Some Mother spitting all over the place, I don't want to park next to."
"Right on, brother." Melissa offered.  She learned in the short time to that he has been training her that it is easier to agree and change the subject rather than try to explain where his logic got derailed.
"Super Fire Dragon, this is an honor." Marshall said approaching the two heroes.
"Who are you and did you bring pie?" SFD asked.
"Shut up fool." Melissa said to SFD.  "Marshall, what do you want?" Melissa confronted.
"I'm here to warn our winged friend." Marshall stated calmly.  "I plan to destroy him."
Super Fire Dragon revved-up his breath of fire.
"What do you mean, Marshall?" Melissa intervened.
"SFD, you can't attack me." Marshall reminded SFD, "I've done nothing wrong, yet.  I am a jealous man, and you have been spending far too much time with Melissa.  I know in a fair fight, you would flatten me like a house of cards.  I will engage you in a battle of wits."
"You want her?" SFD answered, "Take her."
"Hey, what is this?" Melissa squealed.
"Funny,"  Marshall said, "It isn't that easy.  My self esteem has been damaged.  I must have revenge."
"Like, dude, are you serious?" SFD laughed.
"No, I'm not dude or serious." Marshall said. "I'm Marshal Darkness.  Your archenemy."
Just then a bolt of lightning struck and Marshal Darkness disappeared.
"I'm worried,"  Melissa stated, "I think he's gone off the deep end and he means to do you harm."
"Wait, you know that guy?" SFD said.
"

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 02:30:30 AM »
"I want your help." Marshall stated coldly.
"I'm here to help the public." Ice Manix said.  "State your business citizen, and Ice Manix shall come to your aid."
"Good, I had hoped you could help." Marshall said slyly.  "There's a menace loose in the city.  It has threatened my family and my business.  It MUST be stopped." Marshall almost losing his cool.
"Sounds nasty." Ice Manix said, "but for a good citizen, I'll try."
"Your word as a superhero?" Marshall queried.
"On my honor." Ice Manix began.  "There is no foe too great or task too difficult.". Ice Manix loved playing the hero.  His girlfriend, Jenny Hall, loved his new found confidence.  And even though he didn't always get along with him, Super Fire Dragon will always be his friend.
"I need you to kill, I mean defeat." Marshall corrected himself.
"I shall make the scoundrel wish he had never been born." Ice Manix bragged.
"Defeat," Marshall paused for effect, "Defeat Super Fire Dragon."
"He's as good as ..."  Ice Manix realized the trap he just stepped in.  "Did you say 'Super Fire Dragon'?"
"Your word, remember." Marshall laughed and vanished as before.

Meanwhile
"Here's your ID badge, supergroup handbook, map of the base and your complimentary pickle.  Welcome to 'Paragon League of Heroes.  Any questions, cause The Paragon Avenger always tells us to help new members, but did he come up with giving new members pickles.  No!  It was all my idea." Super Fire Dragon explained.
"So there's an actual base someplace not just a cardboard box in your spare room?" Rare Earth understandingly asked.
"Of course," SFD remarked.  "Follow me."
Super Fire Dragon led Rare Earth to the secret entrance to the supergroup base of the Paragon League of Heroes.
"Wow, this is nice and shiny." Rare Earth said impressed.
The base has several teleport pads and a medical bay.  Melissa could tell that there wasa powerful energy source close by and that the whole place was ran by a higher intelligence.  Well, higher than SFD.  The base has a nice logical layout with everything fairly handy.  Rare Earth didn't need the base map, because for a big base you couldn't get lost in it.
"Again, I welcome you to the group and give you the rank of Associate." SFD informed.
"Where's the broom closet?" Melissa asked.
"Over there." SFD said pointing.  "Why?"
"I know the only reason I'm in here is to clean up.". Melissa joked.
"Don't be silly," SFD said, " Your a member.  You have a pickle and everything.  Not every supergroup hands out pickles to its new members.  That's why PL of H is the best. "
"Fool dragon." Rare Earth mumbled to herself.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 02:34:13 AM »
Founders Falls in such nice zone, she thought to herself.  Then again Marshall always had good taste.  She went to the swankiest apartment building in the swankiest part of Founders Falls, avoiding the high level baddies.  Melissa, now dressed in her everyday clothes and not her Rare Earth costume, walked into the building and rang Marshall's door.  She waited several minutes, but there was no reply.  Mrs. Norris, the landlady walked in reading the latest issue of 'Feline Fancy'.
"Can I help you?" Mrs. Norris hissed.
"Hi, I was looking for Marshall." Melissa explained.
"Oh, you're Melissa." Mrs. Norris purred.  "I always liked you better than that trash he had been bringing here.  Some girls got no self respect.  You know what I mean, but you were always a class act."
"Thank you,"  Melissa said, "Marshall always spoke highly of you."
"No he didn't,". Mrs. Norris said arching her back.  "The bum hated me, and I hated him too.  And now he has up and moved out.  Still owing last month's rent.  The bum."
"Do you know where I can reach him?" Melissa asked.
"So, you still think he's the cat's pajamas?" Mrs. Norris said.  "No, all he left was a note saying he was moving away."
"Thanks, Mrs. Norris." Melissa said.
"Yeah, see you around.  Hey wanna rent an apartment. I have a vacancy. "
"No thanks." Melissa said walking away.
"You ever want to be a cat?". Mrs. Norris asked.
"What?" Melissa asked.
"I sometimes wish I were a cat.  I would be graceful and pretty and strong." Mrs. Norris said not knowing who might be listening.
Melissa smiled and walked away.
"What a nut job." Melissa mumbled to herself.

Meanwhile

Pete was walking to the train from work.  He is a bra designer for the same company Melissa works for.  He loves his work.  Although, at times, it has almost got him in trouble.  He can't help notice a woman's upper chest.  He has had to explain quickly why he was staring.  Well, explain one of the reasons.  Yes, he was happily married to a wonderful understanding woman, named Grace.  But as he puts it, "I'm not dead, only married." Pete was doing his usual scan when Marshall appeared dressed all in black.
"Pete, right." Marshall asked.  Melissa had mentioned her coworkers from time to time.
"Yes,  Deputy ..." Pete said trying to remember this guy's name.  He remembered that at one time Melissa had a boyfriend she introduced him to.
"Marshall!" Marshall angrily interrupted.
"Oh sorry, Marshal ..." Pete was still drawing a blank.
"Marshal Darkness to you, worm." Marshall said.
At that 3 zombies came out of nowhere and abducted Pete.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:03:17 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 03:02:35 AM »
Bachman-Turner overdrive's 'Takin' Care of Business' blared from her phone.  That was the ringtone she used for coworkers calling.  She read the name, 'Pete & Grace Home' and wondered what was the matter.  She answered with her usual, 'Whassup Dog'.
"Hi, Melissa, this is Grace." Grace said worried.
"Oh hi Grace, what's up girlfriend?" Melissa asked.  Grace liked Melissa, but only tolerated the way she talks.  Grace isn't hip or cool.  She's a thirty year old mother of three boys whose husband designs bras for a living.  She has suspected him of cheating, but Pete has never been unfaithful to her.
"Yes, is Pete with you?" Grace asked, "Are you guys working late?". Grace hoped that they were, because Pete was expected home 3 hours ago.  He's either in trouble or he's going to be.
"He's not with me." Melissa said trying to think where he could be.  "Does he still play pool on Tuesday's?  I've heard Saturated Fats is in town." (I stole that from Shoe.)
"No, he promised to be home for Teddy's birthday." Grace complained.
"OK, I'll do some checking." Melissa promised feeling that there was more going on than Pete avoiding his son's boring birthday party.
"Oh thank you so much.  Pete always says that Melissa can be counted on." Grace said.  They said their goodbyes and made a date for shopping and lunch.
Melissa changed into her Rare Earth costume and went looking for Super Fire Dragon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:42:53 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 03:46:54 AM »
He woke up to realize that it wasn't a dream.  He had been abducted against his will, and was being held hostage in a red walled dank cave.  His arms and legs were spread eagle with metal cuffs around his wrists and ankles.  The cuffs were securely fastened to the walls by heavy chains and several lag bolts.  He wasn't going anywhere for a while.  He looked at the burning torch wall sconces and the dancing shadows they cast being the only source of light in the room.  He looked up at the ceiling covered in stalactites.  He looked at the floor, it was concrete.  He noticed a cloth draped over a rather large contraption in the middle of the room.  He couldn't make out what it was or how it might be used, but he had a feeling that it was his doom.
A zombie walked in.  It looked like one of the ones who assaulted him.
"Hey, you," Pete called to the zombie, "What is this place?  Why am I being held here?"
The zombie walked over and slapped Pete across the face.
"That must be zombie for shut up." Pete thought to his self.
Standing there in silence, he watched the zombie check the thing under the drape and walk away.
"Of course," Pete thought to his self.  "Deputy Dork must control the zombies somehow."
"I trust your stay has been satisfactory." Marshall said entering the room.
"Funny." Pete said.  "Now let me go!"
"But you'll miss the show.  I intend to destroy Super Fire Dragon, and you'll have a front row seat."
"Super Fire Dragon?" Pete said in amazement.  "That beloved superhero who has saved this city countless times?  And that battlecry of his, 'I think they're over there'.  He's one of my favorite superheroes in Paragon City.  Why do you want to destroy him?"
"His been too beloved by Melissa, if you get what I'm saying." Marshall said.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 06:36:55 AM »
Standing under the Atlas Statue in Atlas Park, Super Fire Dragon practiced flexing and posing.  He had summoned his Nemisis pets as an audience.  Rare Earth and Ice Manix came running from the train station just up the street.
"Super Fire Dragon!" They shouted in unison.
"You first." Ice Manix told Rare Earth.
"Thanks.". Rare Earth said to Ice Manix.  "Super Fire Dragon, I think Marshall has kidnapped my coworker Pete." Rare Earth said to SFD.
"Marshal Darkness asked me to defeat you, Super Fire Dragon." Ice Manix informed SFD.
"Sounds like a trap." Super Fire Dragon began.  "A cunning plan to lure me to my doom.  A plot worthy of these guys." SFD said motioning towards the pet Nemisis.
"Look dragon," Ice Manix started, "Stop fooling around.  We got to rescue her coworker and arrest this new villain."
"I never did like that guy." SFD thought to his self.
"My name ibeMel," Rare Earth stopped remembering to keep her secret identity secret. "Mel-hello, My name is Rare Earth."
"Are you a student of this dragon?" Ice Manix asked, "How many times has he gotten you killed needlessly?"
"Now Ice Manix," SFD quipped, "Every time that I got you killed it was for a good reason."
"What about that one time with the Clockwork." Ice Manix questioned.
"Yes, that time had a purpose." SFD reassured.
"Oh yeah, what was it?" Ice Manix steamed.
"My amusement." SFD answered.
Ice Manix thought as much.  Although this dragon had taught him how to be a superhero, his resentment for SFD was as strong as ever.
"You got him killed for your amusement?". Rare Earth asked stunned.
"Long story." SFD answered.
"Alright, dragon," Ice Manix interrupted, "let's focus on the task at hand."
"Yes, poor Pete must be panicking by now." Rare Earth added.
"OK, I guess I got to be serious for a change." SFD stated.
With all the other heroes gone, SFD would have to face this Marshall guy practically alone.  Ice Manix was a good Ice Blaster and Rare Earth was a good Earth Controller, but would that be enough.
"Did either of you notice Marshall's powers.". SFD asked.
"Only his teleportation." Ice Manix said.
"Marshall said that he was going to destroy you in a battle of wits." Rare Earth started.  "And he was always a bit controlling."
"Sounds like a Mastermind."Ice Manix blurted out.
The way Ice Manix states the obvious as if it is some great revelation, always annoyed SFD.  "Yes, but what kind?" SFD fired back.  "Robots, Ninjas, Thugs, Zombies, Mercs, Animals or Demons?"
"Does it really make a difference?" Rare Earth asked.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 03:09:20 AM »
The three heroes stood semi circle around a dry-erase white broad in Super Fire Dragon's Supergroup base.
"This we know," SFD began, "Marshall is jealous.  Marshall can teleport.  Marshall could interfere with our communications.  We fixed that.  Marshall is a control freak and a nut jjob.  He calls himself, Marshal Darkness."
"Yes, a clever name." Ice Manix interrupted.  "This isn't getting us anywhere.". Ice Manix can't believe this dragon.  Here Pete is being held prisoner by this lunatic, and all this dragon wants to do is go over what we already know.
"You're wrong, again." SFD said smugly.  "Marshal Darkness is probably a zombie mastermind and is holed up in a cave."
"Wow, how can you be so sure?" Rare Earth asked in amazement.
"He's guessing." Ice Manix insisted.  "I say we go out there and search the city.  Get the cops involved.  Call the newspaper."
"And start a panic." SFD interrupted. "No, I'm not guessing.  Marshall is a mastermind that is for sure.  The question is what kind.  The type of pets tells us where he might be.  Robots would mean a warehouse or factory.  Marshall is jealous, that is very human.  A cold machine wouldn't satisfy his need for revenge.  Marshall is no great animal lover, and he seems to urbane for the outdoors, woods or forest for animal control.  Marshal can mean to group, lead, usher.  And darkness indicates either zombies or demons.  He landlady is still a live and complaining about his rent.  Demon control requires less tolerance for annoyances.  And darkness leaves out thugs, ninjas, and mercs.  That leaves zombies.  Plus zombies won't steal Melissa, you're not into zombies, no.  Zombies like it cool and dark, and dank if it isn't too much trouble."
"You thought this up all by yourself?" Ice Manix said in disbelief.
"Give the dragon a break." Rare Earth defended SFD.  "He's a high level superhero.  You're not all that!"
"So maybe Marshall is right," Ice Manix reasoned.  "You are in love with him."
"Ohhhft!" Rare Earth said angry.  And Ice Manix was encased in rock.
"Melissa!" SFD scolded.
"Sorry," Rare Earth apologized.  "He made me so angry."
"I understand," SFD said, "but we must control our feelings."  The rock crumbled and disappeared.
"What the." Ice Manix started. "What just happened?"
"Rare Earth encased you in rock." SFD explained.  "You get used to it."
"Take it back," Rare Earth threatened, "or I'll keep doing it."
"OK, I crossed a line." Ice Manix said.  "I'm sorry.  But why do you defend this dragon?"
"That dragon taught me everything I know about being super.  And everything I know about being a hero."

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 04:17:13 AM »
"OK, if you're so smart, where is this cave?" Ice Manix challenged.
"Faultline, of course." Super Fire Dragon answered.
"Faultline?" Rare Earth asked.  "Where's that?"
"Just one minute, dragon." Ice Manix said still in denial that SFD could possibly know anything about anything.  "What makes you say Faultline?"
"Do you want me to explained?" SFD asked coyly.
"I would love to hear this." Ice Manix said.
"So would I." Rare Earth said in amazement. (Yes, I stole that from the movie 'My Cousin Vinny'.)
"He has to still be in Paragon City to access our communications.  That rules out the Rogue Islands.  Atlas doesn't have enough caves.  The same is true of Galaxy City, King's Row and Steel Canyon.  Zombies hate trolls.  That rules out The Hollows and Skyway City.  Marshall moved away from Founder's Falls owing rent, so that leaves that out.  Dark Astoria seems too obvious.  But Faultline has the right amount of caves, and lack of trolls and a nice urban area.  It's perfect." SFD explained.
"Is that all?  Where is Faultline?" Ice Manix questioned.
"Faultline, is Eastgate Park." SFD started.  "And there's more.  Marshall knows that I can wipe the floor with him.  He is going to solicit help.  Hopefully it will be the Arachnos.  Plenty of them there, that's for sure."
"Alright, what do we do, dragon?" Ice Manix confronted.
"Yes, dragon, how can we get Pete back?" Rare Earth chimed in.
"If only you two were level 50's." SFD lamented.  "Then we would have something."
"Fool dragon," Rare Earth began, "Sidekick us."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:40:41 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 02:03:11 AM »
He looked up at the "Overbrook Park" sign on the North war wall of Skyway City.  "When did they change it." Super Fire Dragon complained to no one.  "How could I get The Hollows and Faultline mixed-up.  Yes, I'm a level 50+, but I have my best years ahead of me." SFD thought to his self.  "I sure hope they stay put until my long range teleport can recharge." SFD continued thinking.  "Ice Maniac is liable to go searching for Marshall on his own.  I believe that I can count on Rare Earth, but if she gets excited and summons that rock pet, it might get her into a world of trouble.  I can't use our communicator, for fear of being overheard.  Sometimes I wish I had 6 slotted my travel powers.

Meanwhile

"So this is Eastgate Park." Rare Earth stated.
They had entered through the Atlas Park gate.  They could see the makeshift barrier made out of sandbags and razor wire.  They saw the police drones and guard towers.  They heard the sharpshooters firing.  They could see them fire, but they never seemed to hit anything.
"Yes, and Marshall is out there someplace.  Where is that dragon?"  Ice Manix wondered to no one.
"That fool dragon is always late." Rare Earth commented.
"I say we go it alone." Ice Manix grew impatient.  "The dragon can catch up."
"I don't know if we should." Rare Earth started.  "Are we sure this is where he said to meet?"
"Yes, Eastgate Park, 20 minutes ago." Ice Manix complained.
"Huh, but is this even the right server?" Rare Earth asked.
"Server?" Ice Manix questioned.  "You've been spending too much time with Super Fire Dragpn.  You're beginning to talk like him."
"Let's look around." Rare Earth resented being compared to a dragon, but decided not to encase him in rock.  There is a water tower on top of that hill that she thought looked interesting.
"OK!" Ice Manix said eagerly.
"To that water tower." Rare Earth said as she started running towards it.
"Sure thing." Ice Manix said jumping over the sandbags.
On their way they noticed Outcasts, Hellions, Skulls, Trolls and the Lost.
"I wasn't and you can't prove it." Said one of the Lost as they passed by.
"I beat cha," Rare Earth said.
"Did you notice all the trolls around here?" Ice Manix asked smugly.  "That dragon is wrong again.  Super Fire Dragon said, 'zombies hate trolls', and there are several trolls around."
"Something ain't right here.". Rare Earth surmized.
"Yeah," Ice Manix began, "Super Fire Dragon ain't right here.  Or anywhere else.". Ice Manix started to laugh.
"Shut up you fool!" Rare Earth cautioned.  "You'll get their attention."
But Ice Manix liked his own joke too well and continued laughing louder.
Rare Earth imagined Ice Manix encased in rock and he was.
Super Fire Dragon came flying over, and landed close by.
"Did I miss nothing?" SFD said.
"Just the usual," Rare Earth answered.  "Ice Maniac angering me.  Ice Maniac getting encased in rock."
"Ah, good." SFD replied.  "I was afraid somebody might get hurt."

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 04:18:57 AM »
"You said Eastgate Park." Ice Manix began complaining just as soon as the rock crumbled away.  "This is Eastgate Park.  We waited for you.  You didn't come to Eastgate Park."
"Yeah, see here's the deal." Super Fire Dragon explained. "We heroes have nicknames for the various zones.  Eastgate Park is 'The Hollows'.  Overbook is 'Faultline'."
"Oh yeah, what do you call Perez Park?" Ice Manix snarled.
"Perez." SFD said in a what-an-idiot voice.
"So, to Overbook!" Rare Earth asked.
"Yes, but wait a minute." SFD said.
"Why wait," Ice Manix said, "let's charge in and ..."
"You never learn, do you?" SFD interrupted.  "I have a plan."
"Not one of your plans." Ice Manix barked.
Rare Earth encased Ice Manix in stone.  "So, what's the plan?"  She asked.
"That is so convenient." SFD marveled.  "I got to get me one of those."
"Quickly, it wears off, remember." Rare Earth answered.
Super Fire Dragon revealed his plan.
"Do you mind not doing that." Ice Manix stormed.
"I thought it sounded like a good plan." Rare Earth countered.
"No, I mean freezing me in rock." Ice Manix explained.
So they left the Hollows and entered Atlas Park.  They then went to the Vanguard building.  From there they went to Talos Island.  Once there they went into Pocket D.  It was kind of creepy without the ushers, but SFD led them to the sewer entrance.  They popped out in a nice looking neighborhood in Faultline.
"Hey, over there in front of Beanie Weenie's Coffee Boutique, drinking coffee." Rare Earth described.  "That's Marshall!"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:32:07 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 02:56:04 AM »
"I'll handle this." Ice Manix said running towards Marshal Darkness.
"Ice!" Super Fire Dragon Started. "Wait!"
But it was too late, Ice Manix was halfway across the plaza area.  Marshal Darkness saw him and summoned three zombies.  Ice Manix hit the first one with his ice fist.  That stopped that zombie cold.  The second zombie slapped Ice Manix sending him reeling and stunning him.  The third zombie breathed on Ice Manix draining his hit points.  Rare Earth, after being sidekicked by Super Fire Dragon, encased the zombies in rock.  Marshal Darkness teleported away.
"To the hospital, Ice" SFD said with disgust.
Ice Manix vanished.  The zombies likewise sank into the ground and disappeared.
"We had him!" Rare Earth complained.  "We had him and then Ice Maniac did a Leroy Jenkins!  We had him!"
"Yes, I know." SFD said.
"Well, what now?" Rare Earth asked.
"First, I was right!" SFD gloated.  "I was right.  He IS a mastermind.  He IS a necromancer.  He IS in Faultline.  Who's the dragon?  Who's the dragon?  That's right.  That's right.  Super Fire Dragon!"
"OK, I admit it.  You were right all along." Rare Earth said.  "Now where's my pickle?"
Rare Earth proved once again that she can be silly too.
"Pickles for everyone when Paul is safe." SFD said.
"For Pete's sake, you can't even remember the name of the guy we're going to rescue." Rare Earth said.
"It's called teamwork," Ice Manix said returning from the hospital.  "You're supposed to cover my advance, dragon!"
"You're supposed to wait to be sidekicked." SFD explained.  "Marshal Darkness is a level 50.  If you had waited, Rare Earth might have been able to encase him in rock.  One more slip-up and your off the team."
"Stupid dragon." Ice Manix muttered to his self.
"Yeah, jackass.". Rare Earth started. "Do it again and I'll encase you in rock instead of the zombies."
Ice Manix listened to Rare Earth despite her harsh language.  He figured that the dragon was wrong, but Rare Earth seemed to be a normal person.  So he valued her word.
"We must go see, double-d." SFD said.  "This way.". SFD leapt into the air and started to fly away.
"Hey, a little help!" Rare Earth yelled.
"Sorry," SFD said turning around and landing.  "I keep forgetting that you can't fly."
"Can you carry us?" Ice Manix asked.
"Not both and not very far." SFD explained.  "We'll have to walk.  This way."
And so they started walking through the streets of craters and cracks.  New buildings being built and other buildings leaning to one side.  They saw clockwork and The Lost and The Freakshow, but mostly they saw arachnos.  They reached the shore of a lake.
"OK, everybody swim." SFD said.
"I can't swim." Rare Earth said.  "I never learnt how."
"Swell." Ice Manix said.  "Now what do we do."
"Simple." SFD said.  "We'll teach her."
"Swimming takes years of training and practice." Ice Manix whined.  "We don't have thatkkind of time."
"Nonsense." SFD countered.  "There's always time to learn to swim.  Rare Earth, first thing about swimming."
"Yes." Rare Earth inquired.
"Don't breathe water." SFD laughed.
"Fool dragon." Rare Earth thought to herself.