Community > Roleplaying

Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #2 - SFD returns.

(1/9) > >>

Paragon Avenger:
Note: Please read "Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #1" before reading this.

"You want me to do what?" Super Fire Dragon couldn't believe his pointy ears.
"You did such a good job with Ice Manix," Ms. Liberty explained, "we thought you could help another superhero.  You are our defacto trainer until Iron Wolf can get the others back."
SFD thought how ungrateful Ice Manix had been.  How he was so head strong.  And how he kept talking about numbers.  "I don't know." SFD said forgetting what Ms. Liberty had said.
"You're a hero, you have to step up.". Ms. Liberty implored.
"You're asking a lot." SFD protested.
"OK, OK, all the cheese you want." Ms. Liberty offered.
"Cheddar included?" SFD bargained.
Ms. Liberty was well aware of this dragon's lack of seriousness, but she was in a jam.  Somebody had to train the new heroes and everyone else had been teleported to another dimension.  This dragon knows the ropes and is.patient enough to help these new ones.  "We'll even throw in Swiss." She countered.
"With or without holes?" SFD asked.  He considered himself to be quite a bargainer.  Truth was he enjoyed training Ice Manix.  And he wanted to train another hero.
"Yes." Ms. Liberty said remembering who she was dealing with.  This dragon is silly, maybe he will respond to silly.
"Deal." SFD replied.  And that was that.  SFD had agreed to be transported back to Paragon City and help out another superhero learn the basics of being a hero.  And he agreed to it not for fame or fortune, but for cheese.

Paragon Avenger:
"Let go of my purse, you creep."  Melissa yelled at the Hellion.
As they struggled a thought danced in her head.  "'Lissa, fight this creep your own dam self girl." And with that she imagined the hellions encased in rock.  And they were encased in rock, helpless, motionless.  She fell back on her seat, but she had done it.
Melissa is a twenty-nine year old black woman who moved to Paragon City after Katrina had wrecked New Orleans.  She had a job designing men's underwear which was fairly easy because men's underwear hasn't changed since...forever.
She lived in Atlas Park, but worked in Brickstown in the garment district.  She was glad the day the lines merged.  Before she had to make it across Steel Canyon to switch from the yellow line to the green line.  That trip wasn't easy every night.  Melissa has always been a survivor.  Nobody or nothing was going to keep her down no how.
She got to her feet, dusted her skirt off, and went on to catch the train.

Paragon Avenger:
"Your attention please," said the automated train voice.  "The next stop is blickstreng on the righsch."
She wondered if they was never gonna get that thang fixed.  She knew that it meant that Brickstown was the next stop with the doors opening on the left.  She thought how funny things are sometimes.  She also thought that bricks is a dangerous place, and that she had best be careful.  As the train stopped, she made her way to the door and down and out the ramp.  Bricks is an interesting place.  With the Zig up North and entrance to Crey's Folley South, one had to be extra careful.
"Hello, my name is..." Super Fire Dragon started.
"Help, a giant lizzard!" Melissa cried as she encased him in rock.  She then fled to her offiice building where she worked for an unnamed clothier.
"I hate mezzers." SFD thought to his self as the hold wore off.  "This one might not be so easy."
"Girl, you look like you seen a ghost." Maxine said as Melissa walked in.  Maxine was the design department's office assistant.  Melissa shared Maxine with 7 other designers.  Fred, he designed children's pajamas.  Sondra who thought she was the supervisor just because she had been there longest.  Mark who designed boys underwear.  Shawn who designed girls underwear.  Karen who was the office gossip and had the covented job of designing womens underwear.  And Pete who designed womens bras.  And Carol who checked everyone's designs for company standards. Melissa liked her coworkers and got along with them most of the time.
"First this hellion guy tries to steal my purse then this giant lizzard tries to eat me." Melissa explained.
"No way," Shawn exclaimed, "those hellions wouldn't have let you get away."
"Yeah, Melissa," Sondra scolded, "don't make up stories."
"I don't care what you fools think." Melissa said getting her latest designs called up on the computer.  She was working on a radical new fly design and was eager to get back to it.  A fly in the brief that men might use.  A study showed that most guys go over the waist band by pulling the briefs down in front.  A comfortable easy to use fly could boost sales.  The seams were the problem.
"I believe you." Mark said.  He thought Melissa was pretty and he wanted to go out with her, but his mother who controlled the family fortune would never approve, yes because of her skin color but mostly because she wasn't listed in who's who.
"You're sweet for saying so." Melissa said.  She didn't like Mark in that way.  And she really didn't need his stuck up family looking down their noses at her.  Bunch of snobs.  She almost said out loud.

Paragon Avenger:
"What do you guys think about a line of girls panties with sports prints.  Like soccer balls and basketballs and baseballs?"  Shawn asked proud of his idea.
"It's been done". Pete said.
"Son of a female dog!" Melissa blunted.
"Watch your mouth!" Said Sondra.
"Girlfriend, what's gotten into you?" Maxine questioned.
"Oh sorry, it's this new fly design.  The computer simulation shows it castrating 73% of men using my new design.  I spent weeks on that.  And now it's toast.  It's burnt toast." Melissa apologized.
"How could underwear castrate it's wearer?  Never mind." Mark asked then thought better of it.  He knew that the computer simulations exaggerated tugs, scratches, and pinches.
"I can't take it, I'm going home.  Tell the boss I got sick or something." Melissa informed her coworkers.
"OK, but I'll make a note that you left early." Sondra said.
Melissa left a few hours early from work devastated that the design she had poured so much effort into had failed com-sim.  Although everybody knew that the computer simulation was hypersensitive, it was the design standard.  Besides, no clothing designer wants her designs hurting people.  Distracted by the com-sim failure, Melissa walked right into the Crey.
"Give us your money." The Crey Agent demanded.
"Go away!" Melissa shouted.
"Listen, do as we say and you can walk away." The Crey Field Agent offered.
"Go to the devil."  Melissa retorted.  She then imagined the Crey encased in stone. And the Crey were encased in stone.
"Wow, that's impressive." SFD said.
"Ahhhggg, a giant lizard." Melissa panicked and tried to encase the lizard in rock as before.
"I have my toggles on" SFD explained.
"Please don't eat me Mr. Lizard" Melissa begged.
"I not going to eat you." SFD started.  "I'm a superhero like you are."
"I ain't no superhero." Melissa confessed.
"And I isn't no lizard." SFD replied.  "I am a dragon."
"There ain't no such a thing as a dragon.". Melissa interrupted.
"I'm a dragon, so there are let's see, carry the .7 and divide by the hypotenuse.  There's at least one dragon.". SFD explained.
"You a dragon?". Melissa asked.
"That's right." SFD responded.
"And you ain't gonna eat me?" Melissa insisted.
"I like cheeseburgers not people." SFD licked his lips.
"Well if you ain't here to eat me, what do you want?" Melissa asked not completely believing this overgrown lizard.
"You got powers," SFD started, "powers you don't understand."
"Yeah, so everybody has hidden inner <stuff> that comes out only when under stress, I read that in the National Snooper." Melissa recounted.
"Your powers are nothing like that." SFD said trying to hold back disbelief.
"So you're saying I'm a freak." Melissa wondered.
"Of course not, you're one of us.  Heroes battling evil to help the innocent." SFD inspired.
"So how much we get paid?" Melissa asked.  "I got bills you know."

Paragon Avenger:
"Where is that fool dragon?" Melissa wondered to herself.  Being a superhero sounds like great fun, but she knew she needed guidance.  The dragon said to meet here half past, but he ain't here.  Who was going to give her that guidance if not that dragon?  Come to think of it, he didn't say half past what.  Is this even the right zone?  "Fool dragon!" She muttered.
"Oh there you are." Super Fire dragon said.
"Giant Lizard!!" Melissa cried.
"DON'T YOU DARE!" SFD warned.
"Oh, it's you." Melissa said, "I'm not used to talking at a scary giant Lizard."
"OK, 2 things." SFD said thinking that the Statesman Task Force was easier than this.   "I am a dragon not a lizard.  I am not here to eat you.  And I said Strega Isle not Founder's Falls.  Try to pay more attention."
"Sorry, Mr. Lizard, sir.  I forgot, because I was afraid." Melissa said meekly.  Her confidence and self reliance leaves her when this dragon is around.
"OK, I forgive you." SFD letting the 'Mr. Lizard' pass.  "Today, we shall learn how to identify the bad guys."
"<shoot> I don't need you for that.  They's the ones trying to kill us." Melissa said regaining her composure.
"And yet you tried to attack me." SFD said trying to sound mystical.
"You still sore about that, it weren't nothing." Melissa dismissed.
"Concentrate," SFD began, "look over there at those Crey."
"Yeah, what about them." Melissa stated beginning to feel that this whole thing is a waste of time.
"Now, look at me." SFD instructed.
"Help, a giant lizard!". Melissa yelled, "kidding!"
"Funny," SFD had meet his match in the silly department.  "Notice the difference?"
"Yeah, you're a lizard and that Crey is a level 38 cryo tank." Melissa said.  "Well, shut my mouth.  How did I know that and what did I just say?"
"That's the hero targeting system.  And if I told you once, I've told you a cheese times.  I'm not a lizard."
"Fool dragon." Melissa thought to herself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version