Author Topic: City of Heroes Wishlist (or wishlist for CoH2)  (Read 1030 times)

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
City of Heroes Wishlist (or wishlist for CoH2)
« on: August 08, 2014, 01:47:15 AM »
Sort of similar to my Something You Wish They Added topic, make a list of things you wish they could add, change, delete, keep, etc. What do you think you would do to City of Heroes to make it the best. MMO. EVER.

Here's MY list, personally...

ADD
 - MORE POWERS. YOU CAN'T HAVE TOO MANY POWAS.
 - More maps. Not like new areas, more mission maps. They were nicely made but as time dragged on you kind of realized that they couldn't live up to their fullest.
 - Something like DCUO's new Survival system, where you go against wave's of enemies and such. I'm not sure if there WERE anything like that in the game (I know, I know, AE. But I'm talking a new system where it's endless and you don't have to restart every time you kill a wave).
 - More animations. I will admit the new power animations they added for the blaster were nice but playing around with them in Icon made me realize I prefer the old one's better.
 - MAYBE the list of damage done, amount healed, and such. Like the list after you complete a raid in DCUO, where it shows who did the most damage out of your team, who tanked the most, who healed the most, etc. But make it optional. I keep getting lectures from my brother about how he isn't the best geared but he is doing more damage, which I feel kind of ruins the point of an MMO.

CHANGED
 - Maybe change the animations of the blaster powers. As the game grew the newer powers got new animations and I feel that made the game a whole lot better but sometimes playing the Blaster with the original powers a tid bit more boring.

DELETED
 - To be honest, I can't really think of anything major in my head that needs to be deleted from City of Heroes. Maybe all of the people that wanted to be the assholes in a largely friendly community. That would be very nice.

KEEPED
 - EVERYTHING.
 - Being serious though, I feel like the movement animations were very simple yet well done. It isn't like DC where you can see every. finger. moving. Or you can change their moods (I don't really like that to be honest). It was a simple moving of the head that was really major and I liked that.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
Re: City of Heroes Wishlist (or wishlist for CoH2)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 04:29:47 AM »
I'd like custom emotes.....perhaps something you can purchase from the CoH store.

Or more bind commands....

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:38:24 AM »
I could go on and on.... but here's a few:

1.  More powersets
2.  A Single pet archtype - I love my fantasy based hunters and MMs just don't do it for me.
3.  More Zones
4.  Revamped AE - I don't want a simulator, I want my contacts to be out in the world.  I want to be able to do everything in a mission that the devs can do.
5.  Revamped Base Creation system
6.  Player Housing
7.  Reworked older zones
8.  Bring back Galaxy City!
9.  Undo GDN
10.  Allow unlocking a few more slots ... cant tell how many times I wished for just 2 or 3 more slots.
11.  Would prefer a temp fly power instead of just jetpacks.
12.  Vehicles
13.  Built In Build Planner - we shouldn't have to use 3rd party tools.
14.  Better character models - animated faces and hair, hands that look like hands.  Placeable icons.  Asymetric costume patterns.
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »
More and better emblems (better ie: more-stylized/symetric/smaller  letters/numbers/Greek letters) more "backgrounded" emblems with circles, shields, borders, etc  -- more generic emblems -- (stackable generic emblem pieces? or is that insane?)  Some decent generic comic-bookish BIRD emblems -- chest wings, bird head in circles, etc.

Better head accessories (standard superhero horn/ears like Batman/Daredevil/Wildcat/Big Daddy/etc.) more subtle and general ridges/panels etc for "cowls" that are separate from eye accessories

Emblems for forehead and belt buckle -

More and better backpack/quiver/jetpack costume options (some could be done as nearly flat costume back pieces)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"