Author Topic: problem with icon  (Read 2915 times)

Legato001

• Underling
problem with icon
« on: June 30, 2014, 05:29:36 PM »
so i installed icon and im having trouble running it. whenever i try to run it, i get an error saying "C:\Users\-not giving my name-\Downloads\City of Heroes\CohBeta\QtWebKit4.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support." any help here would be much appreciated!

Legato001

• Underling
Re: problem with icon
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:36:43 AM »
bump

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:44:37 AM »
The ICON forum has so little activity there is absolutely no need to bump. Please refrain. :) When Codewalker or another knowledgeable player comes across your post, you'll get an answer. Bumping will do little to nothing to help with that.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »
I could have sworn I saw a post a while ago from someone having a similar issue but I can't find it. Unfortunately my knowledge of computers is next to none.  I think the usual method is to double check that you are using Icon with the issue 24 beta, then see if running Icon as an administrator works.  Otherwise one of the game's files might have become corrupted (and you'll have to re-download it again).  Sorry I can't be more help.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
Sounds like a corrupt file, probably QtWebKit4.dll didn't finish downloading or something.

Legato001

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 03:55:49 AM »
well now its working....in a sense.....i get the blue loading picture but then the game just crashes.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:32:55 AM »
Looks like a badly corrupted copy. Have you tried downloading the latest version of i24 beta ? I think there's still a few ways to obtain that floating around...
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Legato001

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
Sadly I havent, idk where to find the latest version

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 02:22:10 PM »
This is a link to Tequila, which will automatically DL the i24 client and install that and Icon together.  I'm pretty sure it also validates/repairs corrupted files.  Hope this helps!

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9531.0.html

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 07:58:55 PM »
I tried to download and run the latest version of Icon, and when I went to my download folder and told it to run the program, I get the following message:

"We couldn't find a cityofHeroes.exe file in the current directory.  Please select the game installation that you wish to use."

When I click OK on that mini-screen, it just open the My Documents directory.

What steps am I supposed to be taking to get the Icon program to install correctly?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 08:25:04 PM »
Easiest solution: put it in your City of Heroes directory.

Otherwise, when it opens the location picker window, navigate to your City of Heroes directory and select that.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal