Author Topic: Lord Recluse Strike Force question.  (Read 1615 times)

Fable

• Lieutenant
Lord Recluse Strike Force question.
« on: October 07, 2014, 12:58:53 AM »
So my old SG use to run this all the time (tied ITF for my favorite thing to do). We had this Mind/psi Dominator that would always put the Freedom Phalanx to sleep so we could pull them one at a time. I was also on a few of them with different mind/ Doms, but it was always a mind/ dominator.

My question, was there a reason a plant/ dom couldnt do the same with Spore Burst? I can't seem to find anything about it with anything but a mind dom and as far as City of Data is concerned Mass Hypnosis and Spore Burst are pretty much the same (Burst has 10 less range).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:22:39 AM by Fable »
"oh, by the way, we own City of Heroes now: who wants pie."

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Lord Recluse Strike Force question.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:03:04 AM »
Spore Burst notifies mobs, Mass Hypnosis does not. <-- this is probably the biggest thing. The Mind Dom can keep applying Mass Hypnosis until everyone is asleep, then people can go in and select one to fight. As soon as Spore Burst hit, any hero that didn't sleep would go gangbusters on the villains.

Spore Burst is tagged with the AOE vector, so can be avoided with some defense (not sure if any of the Phalanx have typed vs positional defense).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »
Spore Burst notifies mobs, Mass Hypnosis does not. <-- this is probably the biggest thing. The Mind Dom can keep applying Mass Hypnosis until everyone is asleep, then people can go in and select one to fight. As soon as Spore Burst hit, any hero that didn't sleep would go gangbusters on the villains.

Spore Burst is tagged with the AOE vector, so can be avoided with some defense (not sure if any of the Phalanx have typed vs positional defense).

Yeah, he did usually have to apply it multiple times so it makes sense that Burst isn't a viable option. I don't want to jinx it by saying I want to roll a mind/ dom to run LRSFs if the game comes back, but I want to roll a mind/ Dom to run LRSFs if the game comes back.
"oh, by the way, we own City of Heroes now: who wants pie."

Kurrent

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 12:28:37 AM »
Aggie's dead on. 

Theoretically, you could perma-sleep the Freedom Phalanx with Spore Burst, but you'd better hit them all (or all but one) the first time, and that's just not going to happen consistently.  I had both a plant/ice and a mind/psi dom that I ran.  I loved the plant dom much more, but I couldn't safely do the perma-sleep trick on the LRSF with her Spore Burst due to the aggro effect.