Author Topic: Help with Download Helper?  (Read 1229 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Help with Download Helper?
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:22:18 AM »
Does anyone know what would stop Firefox's Download Helper add-on, and if there's a work-around? I'm in love with Angelus Animi's "Unity" video on YouTube, which leaves me in tears every time, and would greatly like a copy of it to watch offline (my Internet connection can be...recalcitrant...at times). Every time I've tried to download it, DH lets me pick where to store it (as if it's working okay), and then the "download" instantly finishes at 0 bytes, and nothing's saved. I've tried all five download options presented; zilch-o. It's the ONLY video that DH has acted this way with. Any help would be appreciated (even an alternate source for the video, although the mystery would remain).
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Help with Download Helper?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:34:43 AM »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Help with Download Helper?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »
Try this extension instead: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/

Profound thanks, 5H! Worked slick as ice - or rather, slick as Freezing Rain! ;)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.