Author Topic: Dick Grayson's future (spoilers)  (Read 1475 times)

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
Dick Grayson's future (spoilers)
« on: April 20, 2014, 05:27:11 AM »
So the fate of Dick Grayson post forever evil is revealed.  Not sure what to think of having Dick Grayson without him being Nightwing.  DC is making him a secret agent for Spyral.  Not sure I like this move,  but will give it a try.  I was a huge fan of Nightwing and hate to see the identity go,  but I love a good spy/espionage story.  I am also looking forward to Tim Seely and Tom King writing his new story.  I just hope Mr. Grayson has traded his escrima sticks for a gun permanently and that he can reclaim his mantle as nightwing in the not so distant future.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/04/15/usa-today-announces-grayson-1

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dick-grayson-s-post-forever-evil-fate-has-been-revealed/1100-148527/

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Dick Grayson's future (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Doesn't Nightwing's secret id becoming public also out Batman? Dick was Bruce's ward. Or did they change that in the New 52?

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:07:44 PM »
In a world where talented writers were allowed to explore the consequences of what they wrote, it certainly would.. In the world of DC Comics, where much of the story is handed down part-and-parcel from the editorial department and the suits; it just becomes one more plot hole to be spackled over. Remember, this is a label which has seen something close to two dozen books have been axed over the past 3 years with little to no closure; good writing and chance for story ramifications is a rare thing in that environment.

[/angry comic nerd rant]
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »
Doesn't Nightwing's secret id becoming public also out Batman? Dick was Bruce's ward. Or did they change that in the New 52?

Apparently, the people of New Earth are dumb as all get out and just assume that Dick/Nightwing is merely just an employee of Batman Inc. Until recently, there was only one series I cared for post New 52: Batman Beyond. However, I will say the first two issues of Batman Eternal have been pretty good.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 04:29:43 AM »
Someone figures out Dick Grayson's connection to Bruce Wayne and Batman.  Loved the ending of forever evil. 

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:56:32 PM »
Has anyone else read Grayson #1?  Curious to see what people thought about Dick Grayson's new venture into the world of espionage.  For a first issue I found it to be an excellent start and direction for the comic.  The action early on was enjoyable and you get an interesting supporting cast with the new 52 Helena bertinelli.  Not sure what to make of Spyral,  but will be interested to find out as this series proceeds.