Author Topic: City of Heroes Items I'm Thinking of Selling  (Read 8491 times)

Arbiter

• Minion
City of Heroes Items I'm Thinking of Selling
« on: July 03, 2014, 06:08:33 AM »
This last weekend I was going through some old boxes and I came across a few City of Heroes things that I had stuffed in some old boxes and since they had been sitting in there for a while, I thought there might be some people who could give them a better home than I could.

I was thinking of selling some of these on eBay, but I wanted to know if there would be any interest in them before I went through the trouble of listing them.

A set of HeroClix in the City of Villains Collector's Edition:

A full set of Hero and Villain AT pins, including the felt bags.  Still in the original wrappings, although the colors may have faded a bit:

Five copies of the Hero/Villain Art book that originally came with the City of Villains Collector's Editions.  They flip over to have both sets of art in the same book:

Some Desdemona Mouse Pads:

The first CoH Guildbook and some promotional CoH Bumper Stickers:

It still makes me sad when I watch Big Bang Theory and see the City of Heroes things in the comic store.  One of the top bumper stickers there showed up on the store door.

If these are interesting, I have some more things that I haven't taken pictures of yet, including my collection of game boxes, costume cards, some promotional art, some badge holders and a program from some of the HeroCons and a few other odds and ends.

Maressa

• Boss
Re: City of Heroes Items I'm Thinking of Selling
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
Oh gosh, I think there would be huge interest.

Oh and I suppose other people besides myself might be interested too. :P

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
I would love to be interested in this but I'm trying to skinny down my crap...er...collection to some extent.

But I know there would be interest, especially now with the possibility of the game coming back.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »
The "Truth, Justice, and Amazing Gameplay" and "I'm Not a Real Hero, but I Play One Online" bumper stickers I would TOTALLY buy. PM me with price details.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:31:04 PM »
The "Truth, Justice, and Amazing Gameplay" and "I'm Not a Real Hero, but I Play One Online" bumper stickers I would TOTALLY buy. PM me with price details.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

Off topic: Samuraiko, if the game comes back will you resume your awesome videos? I loved them. Your last one just about killed me, but I loved it anyway.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »
Off topic: Samuraiko, if the game comes back will you resume your awesome videos? I loved them. Your last one just about killed me, but I loved it anyway.

I'd love to get back to making CoH vids. :)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 04:43:15 AM »
I'm kind of interested in the pins, and that art book. What art is in the book? The wiki says: "A collection of concept art and other images from the development of the game." Is that a good description?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Arbiter

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 05:19:15 AM »
Yes, it's a collection of promotional pictures, some of the comic book covers without the text, some concept art from the game including locations, missions and characters.

I do have an individual print that was made by the original artist that was included in the book.  This image was done by Ocala Bellows and was one of the original concept pieces for Ghost Widow's Soul Storm power.  This copy is an ink jet printout of the original digital piece and hung on the walls of Paragon and Cryptic for years.  It does have a small stain on it from when the roof leaked at one point.

Arbiter

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 05:43:47 AM »
I also wanted to post some more of the items that I have that I'm considering selling.  If I do sell them, I'll post them on eBay and create another thread here to point at the auctions.

These are a few other items that I've collected, including a set of promotional sticker for the launch of City of Villains, a Black Arachnos cape (small, short cape size), a trade paperback of the Top Cow run of the City of Heroes comic book and a Charity Sketchbook with a number of artists drawing City characters.

This is one of the Hero Gear Kits that was sold in conjunction with the City of Heroes Collector's edition. It contains the extra items that the Collector's Edition had without the DVD. (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/City_of_Heroes_Collector's_DVD_Edition)

My collection of CoH and CoV game boxes:

A collection of NCsoft games, including several that have since been shut by NCsoft.  The Guild Wars: Eye of the North is still unused and the Lineage box has suffered some damage. 

A set of costume code cards, all unused.  One of these is a Red Name badge from the first Player Summit Meeting which has a costume code on the back.

A set of Badge Holders and pins, include holders for all of the HeroCons, a Red Badge Holder that was given to "Rednames", Player Summit badges from both of the Player Summit events.

A program from the first full HeroCon event:

A few notebooks and a calender from NCsoft:

A calender that includes several CoH characters.  This is just one page from it:

A car license plate holder from Paragon Studios:

An iPad 1 case.  It's a rubber/plastic case that just covers the back of the iPad:

Now for a few things that are probably more rare:

A Christmas Card from Cryptic Studios with Sister Psyche and Ghost Widow decorating a tree.  Looks like someone's getting lots of inspirations for gifts too!

A set of gifts that were given out at the CoV Press launch on Alcatraz Island.  The DVD contains press images, videos and info sheets for the original City of Villains game.  The flask is a real Zippo Flask customized for villains.

And finally, an unopened set of Statesman and Lord Recluse resin statues.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 06:00:54 AM »
So many things I want so badly. Especially that Soul Storm print, plate holder, and flask.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »
Makes me a bit homesick, but awesome swag -- they could fetch a lot among the right collectors. I actually came across a spare copy of the hero collector's edition, unopened.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »
Those resin statues are awesome wish I would have picked them up back in the day. 

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »
Why are you thinking about selling your collection? I suggest you keep it and put it in the storage or something. If it's still valuable to you. I'm impressed that you have a decent amount of City of Heroes collections though. You still have that City of Heroes swag  ;D

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »
I'll be interested if you put any of that stuff up for sale.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 11:15:55 PM »
...they could fetch a lot among the right collectors.

Yeah, a lot of this is rare stuff - the charity sketchbook was limited to 500 copies, not to mention some of the studio-exclusive stuff.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 12:35:26 AM »
Sweet Jeebas!
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
Yeah, a lot of this is rare stuff - the charity sketchbook was limited to 500 copies, not to mention some of the studio-exclusive stuff.

The recluse statue would also score a mint.  If the OP was serious about selling, his second best option would be posting "interest-checks" to various places where CoXer's frequent with a link to a twitter feed (so people can monitor status), give it a bit of time to let word spread, then actually put it up for auction and announce it on the twitter feed.  Naturally, his best option would be to sell it to me for a few dollars and the cost of shipping -- guaranteed sale! ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
I'm kind of interested in the pins, and that art book. What art is in the book? The wiki says: "A collection of concept art and other images from the development of the game." Is that a good description?

Its a good description and i think its a beatiful book. I was looking at mine the other day during a move to a new bookshelf for my TPBs, forgot i had it bu very glad i do.

Arbiter

• Minion
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 03:12:47 AM »
Ok, well it looks like there will be enough interest in some of these items.  Now I'm trying to figure out if I should break them up into smaller lots or sell them as a whole group collection, particularly the mouse pads, art books, badge holder and costume cards.

I was thinking of setting up several auctions for the first batch, putting up the pins up as a set, one of the Art Books, one of the Desdemona mouse pads and the Hero Gear kit.  The next set would contain another Art Book, mouse pad, the collection of City of Heroes game boxes, some of the costume cards and the license plate holder.  The next group would be made up of auctions for another Art Book, mouse pad, the bumper stickers, the NCsoft calender, the City of Villains game boxes and the HeroCon badge holders and program book.  The fourth batch would have another Art Book, mouse pad, the Ghost Widow Soul Storm print, the sketchbook, the NCsoft notebooks and calender, the collection of NCsoft games, another set of costume cards and the Alcatraz CD w/ black Arachnos cape and villain stickers.  The final batch would be another Art Book, mouse pad, the remainder of the costume cards, the Cryptic holiday card, the set of HeroClix figure, the City of Villains flask, the Paragon iPad case and the two resin statues, probably individually.

As for why I'm selling them, well, I suppose I've had them for a while now.  They do remind me of all the hard work I put into City of Heroes, but I felt that they would be loved even more if I could share them with those that are so passionate about the game.  I do have a few more special items that I've kept for myself, but these I wanted to share with everyone else.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »
I want that flask. O.O GIMMEH GIMMEH GIMMEH! Oh man, I have never in my life been so covetous of something so shiiiiiiiiny!!!!

[EDIT: Nice to see you here, Mr. Amelio! <3]
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal